Frontex Border Guard

Old Aug 5th 2020, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

songoku is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Questfer
Goodmorning everybody, my interview was postponed but there is no reschedule for now, I suppose they ll inform late August or September..
Thanks for the feedback Questfer! Hopefully we gonna have official information till the end of August about the recruitment procedure, in general...
Old Aug 6th 2020, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

fogue10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pedros
Hello, guys!
anybody here still waiting for an invitation for english test?
thank you!

Old Aug 10th 2020, 5:59 am
Just Joined

MalekJA is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok so i am in a quandary. I've submitted my documents after 3 attempts. I have also asked Frontex a few questions that concern me and will determine my decision to join. Maybe some of you may be able to answer these questions as they have not answered yet.
  • How many deployments per year from Warsaw?
  • What is the average duration of each deployment?
  • The basic salary is subject to the coefficient of 0.686 (Poland). For example AD7 stage 1 is 3232 x 0.686 = 2217.15 Euros. Is this calculation correct?
  • What are the average rental prices in Warsaw?
As I understand so far from the interview, I will be based in Warsaw and deployed from there. Once in the country of deployment, I will be paid a daily rate pertaining to that country. My concern is the rental rate in Warsaw which is quite high and would wipe out any financial advantage compared to what I am earning now.
Old Aug 10th 2020, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Suai is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MalekJA
Ok so i am in a quandary. I've submitted my documents after 3 attempts. I have also asked Frontex a few questions that concern me and will determine my decision to join. Maybe some of you may be able to answer these questions as they have not answered yet.
  • The basic salary is subject to the coefficient of 0.686 (Poland). For example AD7 stage 1 is 3232 x 0.686 = 2217.15 Euros. Is this calculation correct?
As I understand so far from the interview, I will be based in Warsaw and deployed from there. Once in the country of deployment, I will be paid a daily rate pertaining to that country. My concern is the rental rate in Warsaw which is quite high and would wipe out any financial advantage compared to what I am earning now.
Hi Malek,
From what has been discussed here so far and what I know:
- Nobody is sure atm how many deployments per year. I've read rumours of 4 months deployed + 2 months in Warsaw cycle. A colleague also posted a deployment cycle for cat 2 (long term secondments) which was 4 months deployed +1 month Warsaw + 2 months deployed + 1 month Warsaw + 4 months deployed. Non of this is official so its just rumours to try and get an idea. It will most likely also depend on the work profile.
- The basic salary in the selection notice has already been calculated with the correction coefficient for Poland. This has been discussed here multiple times, no need to multiply the coefficient again. I believe the correction coefficient for Poland is slightly higher this year as well (0.71X) so it should also reflect a slight increase for the current salary.
- Rentals in Poland like any capitol city will depend on the area, district, etc. It may be more or less compared to your city of origin. If you check rentals online you'll get a basic idea. From as low as 500€/month for a small studio somewhere to as high as you'd like.
When deployed, you'll be entitled to a daily subsistence allowance which will also depend on the country.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Suai; Aug 10th 2020 at 12:46 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2020, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

MalekJA is an unknown quantity at this point

Suai
Many thanks for this invaluable information. Obviously if I get further information from Frontex, I'll post it on this forum.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 9:44 am
Just Joined

shakuri is an unknown quantity at this point

News about the situation of those who took all the tests but were not asked for the documents?
Old Aug 17th 2020, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Platon2020 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shakuri
News about the situation of those who took all the tests but were not asked for the documents?
when was the date of the interview and of the physical test?
Old Aug 17th 2020, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

LorisL is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the same situation. I'm wondering how many others are like us ?!
Old Aug 17th 2020, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Jkireland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LorisL
I'm in the same situation. I'm wondering how many others are like us ?!

If it makes you feel any better I was asked for my documents and havent heard anything...and i am guessing by the silence on this group no one has heard anything...so everyone seems to be in the same boat
Old Aug 17th 2020, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jkireland
If it makes you feel any better I was asked for my documents and havent heard anything...and i am guessing by the silence on this group no one has heard anything...so everyone seems to be in the same boat
As I know, they don't reply to your email, after you've sent them the documents, only if they need something more... But I am just curious how many on this group have passed the interview/s and Physical Aptitude Test and haven't received the email asking them to provide the documents ...
Old Aug 17th 2020, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

shakuri is an unknown quantity at this point

Interview on 14.07 and PA on 22.07.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Platon2020 is an unknown quantity at this point

Interview on 14.07 and PA on 22.07.
Did you had any problems or conflicts during the interview? Because from 10 persons I know that had passed the interview and physical exams test asked them to send their documents. So I can not understand what is the problem.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Platon2020
Did you had any problems or conflicts during the interview? Because from 10 persons I know that had passed the interview and physical exams test asked them to send their documents. So I can not understand what is the problem.
A scenario it's coming to my mind, that they have asked for the documents from those who will start the online training in October and those who will start in November are to be contacted later. I also know some others who are in the same situation and they have a fit background. It's just an opinion...
Old Aug 20th 2020, 9:36 am
Just Joined

fujamillo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MalekJA
Suai correctly mentions that the correction coefficient has gone up to something like 71%. And all figures in the announcement are final, already with the correction coefficient applied.
Already shared before, but here you go again - someone's rough calculation of what an AD7 could expect to get based on residence and family status: https://euemployment.eu/salary-and-b...dvanced-level/

The same site has now posted an EU salary calculator, you can play around with that for an even more precise calculation.
https://euemployment.eu/european-com...ry-calculator/

Btw, congrats on getting the AD7 job! If anyone gets any flexibility with deployments, it must be these guys, and not the FGIV and AD4.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Alissi is an unknown quantity at this point

Emails for a new (and supposedly last) round of PA test came out earlier today. I've got mine scheduled for September 7th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.