So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 11:14 am
ZZZzzzzz

Night Nurse is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Well, at last I've got a break in the madness that is our household and the broadband is up and running, so a quick update from south of Perth.

We arrived at the beginning of March and launched straight into renting a house while ours gets built (we bought the land a year ago). Where we are, rentals are few and far between and the system is different to the UK. It helps to register with the estate agents as soon as you can because they can then get the checks done on you and you'll then be in a position to move immediately when you see the house you want. It's up to the owners (not the estate agents) to choose the tenants and they get to chose using the details you've supplied on the reference paperwork, so it's definitely not a matter of first come first served (or best dressed as they say down here).

We didn't think our mobiles were locked but, you guessed it, they were and if you've registered your phone yours will be locked too. They're a bit behind the UK as far as mobiles go so get yours unlocked before you arrive as it's a bit of a job trying to find someone to do it here compared to the UK. After that it's a simple matter of chucking in a Telstra, Opus, Vodaphone sim card and it's business as usual. The mobile costs are higher than the UK and they still have things like connection charges so it pays to get the phone cards to phone abroad....or Skype which we do now the computer is up and running.

I didn't register before coming to Oz but would if I reversed time. Basically, I got my skills assessment back a year ago and when I phoned the WA board to register they said that info was out of date now and they needed yet another bunch of references to show I'd been working recently. The registration runs from birth month to birth month in WA so consider that when you pay the money if it's only going to last a few months. The first year they'll only let you register for one year, after that you can go for three years at a time. It definitely pays to know someone where you want to work as it is a bit of a closed shop system (despite them saying they're short of nurses) and jobs are easier to come by if your contact can put a word in for you, rather than you turning up and asking.

Apart from that, it doesn't feel like my feet have touched the ground. Getting cars sorted out (managed to bribe Himself that as it was my skill that got us here.....they're not interested in pilots .......I deserved a convertible. Yay ). Mind you, he's got himself an all singing and dancing ute, so he can't complain. The schools were brilliant and got the kids settled really quickly. They're much more laid back in their teaching methods but it seems to work well, so you won't hear me complaining. The kids like the idea of having polo shirts as school uniform although the youngest didn't much appreciate the rule of no hat, no going outside at break times. We collected our cats the other day and now they're getting used to yet another change of scene. All went well with their flights and they're certainly none the worse for the ordeal.

Apart from that it's nearly business as usual but in a lovely place, with lovely weather and lovely people. What more could you ask for

It's great to see things are moving along for the rest of the 'usual suspects' in this bit of the forum (despite poor Lynn's useless doctor). It really is worth the hassle and worry waiting for the thumbs up......unless you don't like going to the beach and having a BBQ that is.

Right, off to organise the kid's shower antics and make sure they get rid of all the sand before they climb into their inflatable beds.......container due in 2 weeks
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:15 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

At last you are there - have been wondering for ages how you and Mr NN are!!!! Perth sounds great - a more laid back lifestyle can only be a good thing

How long is your house going to take to be built? How many bedrooms are you going for in it?

So are you a lady of leisure Mrs NN???!!! Are you going to get a job once you are registered?

My application has been in 9 weeks on Thursday - meds only sent yesterday (if I can believe anything that Dr's practice say's, but will be double checking they are sent on Monday!). So no idea what stage my application is at - haven't had an official medical request but only a response to my e-mail saying that meds had not been recieved and to check with the panel Dr what address they had been sent to - so don't know if my application is getting processed or not!

Anyway keep in touch with me - your wee stories about Perth will keep me going.
We are working on the house all weekend and garden getting it ready for estate agents to value next Friday pm - hopefully get the house on market a week on Monday Once the house sells will be getting shippers round like Crown - will be wanting to know if they can store our stuff until we are ready to move around November time.

Nice to hear from you,

Lynn x
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Can anyone help, maybe Lynn or Ann.

For a 136 visa application, DIMIA want photocopies of all pages in the passport that are not blank.

1. Does this mean every single page that has any kind of writing on it, including the 'conditions of use page'. All 4 of us got new passports last year so only have 1 stamp each.

2. can the pages be photocopied onto 1 sheet of A4 or does each page need to be on a different sheet?

Many thanks

Paul
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by paulb
Can anyone help, maybe Lynn or Ann.

For a 136 visa application, DIMIA want photocopies of all pages in the passport that are not blank.

1. Does this mean every single page that has any kind of writing on it, including the 'conditions of use page'. All 4 of us got new passports last year so only have 1 stamp each.

2. can the pages be photocopied onto 1 sheet of A4 or does each page need to be on a different sheet?

Many thanks

Paul
I haven't got my visa yet so maybe not the best person 2 ask

I got confused 2 but ended up only photocopying the pages with visa stamps, personal photo info page etc, I didn't photocopy anything with non relevant to me type. Stupidly did an individual page each but pretty sure you could fit a few pages on to one page as long as if was certified as a true copy of the original.

Lynn
Old Apr 5th 2005, 7:15 pm
ad4ozz

We had: 1/ main photo and name citizen ship page copied 2/any page with any type of stamp on from foriegn travel...the ones like postage stamps 3/ the emergencie details page at back ..............and that was all we sent. Had 'I certify that this is a true copy of the original document' along with signature date credentials and address and telephone number of certifier wrote on each copy.

Hope that helps Paul.

Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Hello all!!

have just read through this thread and am not too sure what to do now!!

We have submitted our paperwork and police checks 2 weeks ago, We tried to book medicals for the mid/end of the month but they are fully booked unitl mid May However.....They phoned back and said we could be fitted in on Sat AM!!!!!
We managed to get an appt for Xrys next Fri

Does it matter that we dont have the case no? AND how long will they keep them before sending them off? ALSO what do you need to take to the medical in terms of paperwork?

Please help!!!!! :scared:

Roni (Stressing out big time!!!!)
Old Apr 7th 2005, 4:05 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Aus4us
Hello all!!

have just read through this thread and am not too sure what to do now!!

We have submitted our paperwork and police checks 2 weeks ago, We tried to book medicals for the mid/end of the month but they are fully booked unitl mid May However.....They phoned back and said we could be fitted in on Sat AM!!!!!
We managed to get an appt for Xrys next Fri

Does it matter that we dont have the case no? AND how long will they keep them before sending them off? ALSO what do you need to take to the medical in terms of paperwork?

Please help!!!!! :scared:

Roni (Stressing out big time!!!!)
Hi there, I would go ahead and have your medicals done and the Dr can hold them until you get your file number which you should get any day. We had a similar situation but we got our file no when they sent an e-mail after debiting our money. It seems that some people have not had this e-mail so don't know if DIMIA are doing it different now, but I would have thought that if you know they have debited your account then your application has been received you should have a file no.
The only thing you need to take for the medicals are the medical forms and your passports (as far as I can remember, but the forms will tell you on the front exactly what you need).
Hope this is of some help,
Carolyn
Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Originally Posted by NAC
Hi there, I would go ahead and have your medicals done and the Dr can hold them until you get your file number which you should get any day. We had a similar situation but we got our file no when they sent an e-mail after debiting our money. It seems that some people have not had this e-mail so don't know if DIMIA are doing it different now, but I would have thought that if you know they have debited your account then your application has been received you should have a file no.
The only thing you need to take for the medicals are the medical forms and your passports (as far as I can remember, but the forms will tell you on the front exactly what you need).
Hope this is of some help,
Carolyn
Thank you.....Trying to calm down......

Where do I get the medical forms?
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:26 pm

Thank you.....Trying to calm down......

Where do I get the medical forms?
If you haven't got the medical forms yet then I don't think you can go Sat!!? sorry to be the bearer of bad news but tomorrows Friday !

You need to e-mail and request the med and x-ray forms for everyone in your application - form 160 and 26 - you can't download them at present.

The panel Dr list is on the London website
www.australia.org.uk/vti.HTML/medical.html
- you have to send an e-mail to first enquiries detailing the following info: name, postal address, the visa type you are applying for, the number of applicants in the application and the age of each applicant in the application.
E-mail: [email protected]

Hope this helps you but you won't get the forms for about a week - best of luck,

Lynn
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
If you haven't got the medical forms yet then I don't think you can go Sat!!? sorry to be the bearer of bad news but tomorrows Friday !

You need to e-mail and request the med and x-ray forms for everyone in your application - form 160 and 26 - you can't download them at present.

The panel Dr list is on the London website
www.australia.org.uk/vti.HTML/medical.html
- you have to send an e-mail to first enquiries detailing the following info: name, postal address, the visa type you are applying for, the number of applicants in the application and the age of each applicant in the application.
E-mail: [email protected]

Hope this helps you but you won't get the forms for about a week - best of luck,

Lynn
Thought it sounded too unnaturally easy!!!

The receptionist said dont worry I dont think you need to bring anything!!
This did not sound quite right at the time but I thought they should know.....Hmmmmmm......maybe not!!!

IS NOTHING EASY..........EVER!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Thought it sounded too unnaturally easy!!!

The receptionist said dont worry I dont think you need to bring anything!!
This did not sound quite right at the time but I thought they should know.....Hmmmmmm......maybe not!!!

IS NOTHING EASY..........EVER!!!!!!!!!!
Some of the docs do keep a supply of the forms.

You will need a passport sized photo for each applicant, for the medical form and the xray form.
Don't forget your passport, they use it to verify your identity.
If you wear glasses/contacts you need to take them with you and your prescription.
I took a copy of my last smear report.

Lisa
Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Panic over......Got the forms!!

Also we got a case no. today!!!!

Yippeeeeee

Roni
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:50 am

Panic over......Got the forms!!

Also we got a case no. today!!!!

Yippeeeeee

Roni
Brilliant Roni thats great - how on earth did you get the forms at such short notice? Good luck with the medicals this am, oh and great news about the case number- are you frontloading meds today then?

Lynn
Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

purple swatch will become famous soon enough

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hi everyone.
not posted for a while but have been following this thread .
i have news for you all,after 11weeks from receiving application i was checking emails today and guess what!!!!
HAVE GOT EMAIL REQUEST FOR MEDICALS,YEEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
have just downloaded all the forms and will be phoning Dr Million tomorrow.
can stop hounding the postlady now!!!!!!!
all the best,debs
Ps Rich(rag 62)have yours been requested yet??[/FONT]
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Brilliant Roni thats great - how on earth did you get the forms at such short notice? Good luck with the medicals this am, oh and great news about the case number- are you frontloading meds today then?

Lynn

Our agent had them for us!!

Our medicals are being sent once we get the blood results and xrays done next week. (unrequested) All other paperwork is in!! Thank God!!

Just the big wait now!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.