Wikiposts

So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Cas has replied on another thread and says that she phoned DIMIA and applications on MODL (inc nurses) are being processed between 4-6months just now - how depressing is that although it dosen't affect my plans to go in November, it would of just been nice to know if everything was ok before I stick house on the market etc. Gonna take a gamble though and do it anyway. Flights will be really expensive too booking them 3 months before you want to go - but I can't book them till I have the visa - too risky.

We also want to be there in November as we have been offered a gorge rental house in Elimbah outside Caboolture - its a lovely acreage area and its my husbands Aunt and Uncles' who are coming back to the UK for a year due to family reasons. Their house is lovely and has a pool and set on 3/4 acre. They might even be leaving their cars which we could insure temporarily. the land is also fully fenced for our dog Poppy. they are coming back in December so arriving Nov would be perfect to see them before they come back. the house is only 5 mins drive off the Bruce Highway which is very handy for getting around and into Brisbane.

Lynn
that sounds fab lynn, wish we could all go now!! oops sound like my daughter
I definitely wouldnt book flights until visa is through, do you remember the hell cas went through
anyway just woken up, need tea and fresh air, then im ready for the kids!
chat to you all soon

Trish
xx
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 10:15 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Cas has replied on another thread and says that she phoned DIMIA and applications on MODL (inc nurses) are being processed between 4-6months just now

This previous post has definately depressed me!!!! I had really hoped to have my visa in three months (lodged 17th Jan). Do you think DIMIA were being overly cautious, as they often are, and giving the worst case scenario or do you think I really might not have my Visa until July?????????
My plans will be totally messed up if that is the case!!
Carolyn
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NAC
Quote:
Cas has replied on another thread and says that she phoned DIMIA and applications on MODL (inc nurses) are being processed between 4-6months just now

This previous post has definately depressed me!!!! I had really hoped to have my visa in three months (lodged 17th Jan). Do you think DIMIA were being overly cautious, as they often are, and giving the worst case scenario or do you think I really might not have my Visa until July?????????
My plans will be totally messed up if that is the case!!
Carolyn
I came here on 457 via Affinity Nursing Recruitment Agency - phone my 'agent' up today and told her what DIMIA had said re: length of time getting SI 136 - she said that she thought that was not right, as plenty of nurses were getting it in 6 to 8 weeks.
She is going to phone DIMIA up tomorrow (Thursday), and see what they say to her. I'll let you know.
Cas
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 1:26 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I came here on 457 via Affinity Nursing Recruitment Agency - phone my 'agent' up today and told her what DIMIA had said re: length of time getting SI 136 - she said that she thought that was not right, as plenty of nurses were getting it in 6 to 8 weeks.
She is going to phone DIMIA up tomorrow (Thursday), and see what they say to her. I'll let you know.
Cas
Lets hope your agent is right, fingers crossed for you
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:13 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Cas
Hi Cas, thanks for that encouraging news. However, is the 6-8 weeks for the 457 Visa. The one I have applied for is the skilled independent 136, would this make a difference? I also don't have a job offer which I am sure is something they would consider. It will be 10 weeks on Monday since our application was lodged and the waiting is getting harder and harder......
I feel like my life is in limbo!!
Hope you come back with some good news!
Thanks, Carolyn
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Cas
Hi Cas
Glad you are settling in okay in Oz. I bet it seems a long time since the meeting at Middlewich.
We sent of our visa at the New Year and are still waiting so will be very intersted in the outcome to the above. Keep us posted.
Richard
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 8:21 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Cas
Hi again Cas! Just ignore most of my last e-mail! I have now 'properly' read your one and see that you were referring to SI 136 - my apologies! You see, all this waiting really is affecting me!
Carolyn
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:45 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Cas

Agent just called me, after phoning DIMIA.

She verified that nurses should expect to get PR - SI 136 - within 8 weeks.
So not the 6 months earlier quoted (maybe they were covering their backs when speaking to someone not in the business so to speak)

Maybe those who still have to have meds/PCC should expect that timeframe to come into force once DIMIA have received these.

Goodluck everyone

Cas
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:24 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

So not the 6 months earlier quoted (maybe they were covering their backs when speaking to someone not in the business so to speak)

Maybe those who still have to have meds/PCC should expect that timeframe to come into force once DIMIA have received these.

Goodluck everyone

Cas
Cas, thankyou so much for that. Best news I've had for ages - EXCEPT, my application was lodged (frontloaded) 10 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet!!! Only kidding, at least I feel more positive and hopefully shouldn't have much longer to wait. It was good of you to find out this info and post it back. I hope when I am 'on the other side' I can be a useful resource to those still waiting.
Thanks again, Carolyn
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone.

457 Visa application lodged online 2nd feb.
Agent and Employer in constant contact with Dimia and informed:

'Although nurses on 457 and online applications will have priority processing' the department is snowed under with applications. The Visa has been finalized for three weeks but is waiting for approval, This department is also short of staff.

So the waiting continues :scared:
Everytime we go out we encounter the 'Are you still here' goodguys.

Di
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:10 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Goodluck everyone

Cas
Good news Cas, except I am 7 weeks today and not even sure they have my medicals - the DR's receptionist still hasn't got back to me so will be getting phoned again today I need to e-mail DIMIA back when I know what address they were sent to and what date they arrived etc.

V. depressing not knowing anything, but not holding breath about getting visa next week - find it very unlikely! But can always hope,

Lynn
Old Mar 24th 2005, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Good news Cas, except I am 7 weeks today and not even sure they have my medicals - the DR's receptionist still hasn't got back to me so will be getting phoned again today I need to e-mail DIMIA back when I know what address they were sent to and what date they arrived etc.

V. depressing not knowing anything, but not holding breath about getting visa next week - find it very unlikely! But can always hope,

Lynn
hi scuba nurse,

stay positive, you will get your visa really soon and then be giving us advice like cas from oz!
take care mate

Trish
x
Old Mar 24th 2005, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Hi everyone.

457 Visa application lodged online 2nd feb.
Agent and Employer in constant contact with Dimia and informed:

'Although nurses on 457 and online applications will have priority processing' the department is snowed under with applications. The Visa has been finalized for three weeks but is waiting for approval, This department is also short of staff.

So the waiting continues :scared:
Everytime we go out we encounter the 'Are you still here' goodguys.

Di
hi di,

im sure you will hear any day now, i know that doesnt help, but atleast you know its all been received etc, i think some dont even know if there forms have been received.
let us know and keep your chin up, and when someone comes up to you and you know what they are going to ask, just say 'no im a clone'!

Trish
xx
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jimtrish
hi di,

im sure you will hear any day now, i know that doesnt help, but atleast you know its all been received etc, i think some dont even know if there forms have been received.
let us know and keep your chin up, and when someone comes up to you and you know what they are going to ask, just say 'no im a clone'!

Trish
xx

Thanks Trish.

I so hope my visa comes soon, cannot stand the waiting and having life on hold.
Yes its nice to know my forms are there but i think ive got the dolly daydream person looking at it
Glad to hear your exams are over, will keep fingers crossed for you but sure you will be fine.
At this rate you will be there before me.

Di
Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:25 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

hi, just to let you know. theres a big sydney meet next saturday afternoon. if you feel like catching up with us all click bellow for deatails
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290735
......see u there
theres a few nurses and madwifes there

soapy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.