Reload this Page >

Things you Love about NZ

Things you Love about NZ

Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:09 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Things you Love about NZ

Originally Posted by bananalana
Yea, and why does the supermarket girl have a scarf on her head?
When I read this, I thought the reference was to the 'Brethren'.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:14 pm
`

Originally Posted by DC10
"new" communities who generally respect their new homeland and limit their fire-raising to forums such as this one. can i say that?
You can I suppose, although it doesn't make it true & doesn't make much sense in context to the thread title .

Cicadas.
Oh yes. Forgot about them Hails that summer is really here. I love that sound provided it's not a gazillion of them and deafening.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

Hate the rasp of cicadas, it ruins summer for me. That unpleasant noise gives me anxiety and also reminds me of Auckland - not pleasant. Oh how I will miss the cool, quiet beauty of the English summer.

I'm bracing myself for the onslaught of criticism.......

In fact, let's make it a good one. I thought automatic gearboxes were for Americans who couldn't handle a clutch pedal on gear change. I now realise nz'ers are of the same mind. Oh that's right, NZ is a young country just like America. I should have seen that coming.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:48 pm
`

Originally Posted by Debbi****
Hate the rasp of cicadas, it ruins summer for me. That unpleasant noise gives me anxiety and also reminds me of Auckland - not pleasant. Oh how I will miss the cool, quiet beauty of the English summer.

In fact, let's make it a good one. I thought automatic gearboxes were for Americans who couldn't handle a clutch pedal on gear change. I now realise nz'ers are of the same mind. Oh that's right, NZ is a young country just like America. I should have seen that coming.
You appear to be on the wrong thread my love or are you simply wishing to ruin this thread for others?

This thread is about things people love about New Zealand. Other users have indicated that they like this , so please don't rain on their parade.

FYI Crickets and circadas abound in the UK , Europe and the Med countries. Better buy some ear plugs.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:54 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I thought automatic gearboxes were for Americans who couldn't handle a clutch pedal on gear change. I now realise nz'ers are of the same mind.
No, no they're for the likes of me that would prefer to be eating a magnum as I drive than fussing about doing what the engine can do for me perfectly well.

Having said that I have driven a manual van over the Pyrenees and through the massif central, so I know how to handle a clutch just fine.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:16 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the sound of cicadas it means summers arrived and reminds me of many a good holiday in the med, I find it relaxing!

And no english people are stupid still using manual cars when automatic makes life much easier.

What is your problem?

Last edited by love30stm; Aug 9th 2011 at 2:18 am.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

HelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by billingham
It is strange - 'baldness' is one of those things which is 'ok' to make jibes about. If you had been doing nail painting, I bet you would not have asked an amputee if they wanted theirs done? But should you have been able to? Who is wrong? Are they being over sensitive, or are we (and we have all been guilty) being insensitive?
Touché
Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:33 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
You appear to be on the wrong thread my love or are you simply wishing to ruin this thread for others?

This thread is about things people love about New Zealand. Other users have indicated that they like this , so please don't rain on their parade.

FYI Crickets and circadas abound in the UK , Europe and the Med countries. Better buy some ear plugs.
Nicely worded and very ladylike........
Old Aug 9th 2011, 8:23 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
No, no they're for the likes of me that would prefer to be eating a magnum as I drive than fussing about doing what the engine can do for me perfectly well.

Having said that I have driven a manual van over the Pyrenees and through the massif central, so I know how to handle a clutch just fine.
Oh my kind of driving
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light

Hearing the waves crash on the beach whilst I am snug on the sofa

Sipping a huge glass of Red Wine @The GinTrap whilst watching the Commorants dive for fish in the Quay

Having my breath taken away watching a pod of Orca's chase Stingray's in the surf...daughter nearly passed out with excitement!

Driving along a deserted beach in the surf (as close to Bay Watch as I will ever get!)

Listening to the Tui's chatter in the morning instead of Chris Moyles whining voice on the Radio!

The weather, the space, the quiet, the views, new friends, the freedom..........oh and the wine, yup, the wine!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

burbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this point

The seasonal events!

The sound of stags at the "roar" in the wooded hills around us. On a cool misty morning, it is the most hauntingly beautiful sound.

Five minutes-ish drive & the gorgeous looooooong sandy beach with an ever changing Kapiti Island lording it over us.

Smiling at a stranger & getting a smile back.

The light!! To look into the distance & be able to almost make out individual leaves on the trees.

The air. Sometimes I feel I'm breathing in menthol it's so invigorating.

Rainbows .... rainbows ..... & more rainbows.

A wonderful place to live for the senses.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:35 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Luckybird
Hearing the waves crash on the beach whilst I am snug on the sofa

Sipping a huge glass of Red Wine @The GinTrap whilst watching the Commorants dive for fish in the Quay

Having my breath taken away watching a pod of Orca's chase Stingray's in the surf...daughter nearly passed out with excitement!

Driving along a deserted beach in the surf (as close to Bay Watch as I will ever get!)

Listening to the Tui's chatter in the morning instead of Chris Moyles whining voice on the Radio!

The weather, the space, the quiet, the views, new friends, the freedom..........oh and the wine, yup, the wine!
oh i love sitting having a wine at the GinTrap! i need to take a visit soon to see my friend in Taradale
Old Aug 10th 2011, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by love30stm
oh i love sitting having a wine at the GinTrap! i need to take a visit soon to see my friend in Taradale
Happy to stand you a wine too!!...or two...or..ok lots!!!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vikkichic
A wonderful place to live for the senses.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud of

I loooooooooove Cicadas!! At night time in summer and they are making noise outside ya window...or maybe that is crickets...whatevs. I dont recall hearing that here in Sydney.

Does UK not have automatic transmission cars? My OH prefers an auto (he is the brit), I prefer a manual myself, they are way more fun for hooning round on NZs windy roads.

LOL at the gin trap....I have had many a good night there though the shed and the gin trap are relatively new to the scheme of things. Everyone used to hang out in town at the grumpy mole (now called something else - maybe latitude something), the cri, o' flahertys. The cri used to rock with $2.50 bourbons!

Oh bloody good times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.