Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Things you Love about NZ

Things you Love about NZ

Old Aug 6th 2011, 5:35 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Things you Love about NZ

the summer and wine

and Wellington for a good old booze and dance with my friends and that makes me feel at home

Last edited by love30stm; Aug 6th 2011 at 5:40 am.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Things you Love about NZ

Um.......haven't found it yet.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 5:40 am

All english friends btw
Old Aug 6th 2011, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Debbi****
Um.......haven't found it yet.
Depends what your looking for?
Old Aug 6th 2011, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Pink sunrises every single day over the Waimakariri River on my way to work.
The clarity of the air and the blueness of the sky.
Empty roads
Having space
Vegetarian food options (I find them good here)
My work colleagues (mostly Kiwis)
An endless choice of decent wine
The way my roses flower for 8 months a year, and other plants do so well here
Having a log burner
Being able to see the Milky Way at night
Owning a car I could not afford to insure in the UK - insurance was very cheap
Looking at snow covered mountains on my way home every night
The opportunity to try new activities (horse riding in my case)

and lots and lots of other things too

Jan
Old Aug 6th 2011, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
Pink sunrises every single day over the Waimakariri River on my way to work.
The clarity of the air and the blueness of the sky.
Empty roads
Having space
Vegetarian food options (I find them good here)
My work colleagues (mostly Kiwis)
An endless choice of decent wine
The way my roses flower for 8 months a year, and other plants do so well here
Having a log burner
Being able to see the Milky Way at night
Owning a car I could not afford to insure in the UK - insurance was very cheap
Looking at snow covered mountains on my way home every night
The opportunity to try new activities (horse riding in my case)

and lots and lots of other things too

Jan
thats what i need Jan make me feel better xxx
Old Aug 6th 2011, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
thats what i need Jan make me feel better xxx
Empty roads, empty beaches. Having a swimming pool and a spa (totally unaffordable in the UK). Living in a 'perfect' neighbourhood..again too expensive in the UK to live somewhere 'nice'. Having a detached house with a big garage and a big garden again totally not possible in the Uk on our kind of money. Being surrounded by countryside. The incredible view from the rear of my section. Being way better off financially than we were in the UK. Living a less stressful life in general. Working less as a couple (well I don't work..that's my point). Kate's career opportunities improving inspite of the troublesome new job. My kids having a great quality of life. Buying a couple of sand karts (I must find time to use them!!), being so close to that beach. Being able to see a huge volcanoe from just round the corner. Living in amongst so much beauty so close to hand. Living in a great city like Palmy with lots to do. Having a huge open air/ indoor pool complex just round the corner. The list goes on. Feeling really safe (when not in a car)
Old Aug 6th 2011, 6:25 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Things you Love about NZ

I love the empty back roads in summer for a little spirited drive .
Old Aug 6th 2011, 6:30 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

The upside down Milky Way at night.

The view of snow covered Ranges from our house.

Abundant bird life.

Husband wearing shorts, even in winter........ and with gumboots

Eccentricity is allowed.

Our friends that live in a bus & all those who do live in buses and have a super lifestyle.

Buffets are 'bring a plate' and something you made , not bought & it's appreciated.

Collecting mussels off a rock.

Those rusty BBQ's right by a beach , which you load with firewood & are good to go.

Less people so more space.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 7:18 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

The road up the Mangamuckas, Chocolate Rough (from Wild Bean Cafe)
Old Aug 6th 2011, 7:32 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Coooooooooooooo.......pack it in you lot Please put a rider on the title....Things you Love about NZ (only to be read by people in NZ!)...
Old Aug 6th 2011, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

This is a nice thread.

But I need to know jan n neil - what veggie options are out there now?? Or is it tongue in cheek??
Old Aug 6th 2011, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Genesis
Empty roads, empty beaches. Having a swimming pool and a spa (totally unaffordable in the UK). Living in a 'perfect' neighbourhood..again too expensive in the UK to live somewhere 'nice'. Having a detached house with a big garage and a big garden again totally not possible in the Uk on our kind of money. Being surrounded by countryside. The incredible view from the rear of my section. Being way better off financially than we were in the UK. Living a less stressful life in general. Working less as a couple (well I don't work..that's my point). Kate's career opportunities improving inspite of the troublesome new job. My kids having a great quality of life. Buying a couple of sand karts (I must find time to use them!!), being so close to that beach. Being able to see a huge volcanoe from just round the corner. Living in amongst so much beauty so close to hand. Living in a great city like Palmy with lots to do. Having a huge open air/ indoor pool complex just round the corner. The list goes on. Feeling really safe (when not in a car)

Are you drunk? Thought you where buggering off to Eire?!!! Heheh.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 7:42 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I love the empty back roads in summer for a little spirited drive .
Tut Tut - you will spill it.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 7:47 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

For the first time 34 years I can’t hear my neighbours cos I am not attached to them

I can walk round the shops or down the “high street” without loads of people bumping in to me (well I do live in Invercargill)

Living in cycling distance the beach

Not having to rush EVERYWHERE because I am not competing with loads of other people for the same thing (car parking spaces being one)

Working less hours and actually enjoying work

Living two hours away from Milford & Doubtford Sound

Walking along a gorgeous creek and reserve to and from work everyday

And to quote Genesis, I feel safe, I live here alone at the moment (only for the next 23 days) and I am not looking over shoulder

Oh and one last thing, I phoned my bank the other day and said “Hi Helen its j...” before I finished my name Helen said “Hi how are you and Oscar (my cat) doing?” Don’t get that in the UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.