Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Things you Love about NZ

Things you Love about NZ

Old Aug 8th 2011, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

bananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud of
Default Re: Things you Love about NZ

I don't get it...what's racist about it? And who is the biggest gang in the world? The Mungis?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 8:05 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Perhaps you ought to keep your nasty racist comments to yourself, I doubt you'll find much support here.
I second that!!!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by bananalana
I don't get it...what's racist about it? And who is the biggest gang in the world? The Mungis?
What are you talking about???
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:01 am
Old Jerk

kaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Perhaps you ought to keep your nasty racist comments to yourself, I doubt you'll find much support here.
Dear me,dont get yer knickers in a twist,Things you love about New Zealandis the title of the thread,and thats what I like,where`s the racism in that ? Should we call all the people who like wine alkies and pissheads ?But I guess you gotta live up to your title,Head Whinger
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kaihoe
Dear me,dont get yer knickers in a twist,Things you love about New Zealandis the title of the thread,and thats what I like,where`s the racism in that ? Should we call all the people who like wine alkies and pissheads ?But I guess you gotta live up to your title,Head Whinger
Not only racist but rude too , everyone has a right to an opinion but not if it involves discriminating against others!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:38 am

Your a bit of a idiot aren't you!!!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

Buying pork in the supermarket and taking it to the checkout girl with the scarf on her head.
You need to sit back and reflect on what you have written and then ask yourself why people might find this upsetting.

By the way, my size 16 knickers fit perfectly!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Quite apart from the potential for offence, it is an extra silly comment given that said situation is far more likely to arise in the UK.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by martyc

By the way, my size 16 knickers fit perfectly!
Sorry! Conversation killer!!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - don't find it offensive and I don't really understand everyone's venom. Is the post that you find racist having a dig at Muslims? If so then it is not racist. Muslims are not a race.
Things I love about New Zealand...
Religious views, prejudices, presumptions, preciousness etc, are not a big issue...at least at the moment.....lets keep it that way.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:46 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DC10
Quite apart from the potential for offence, it is an extra silly comment given that said situation is far more likely to arise in the UK.
would the said person be forced to serve customers pig products or alcohol in the UK?

when I worked in very integrated multi-cultural supermarkets in the UK there was never a muslin female working in the meat department or on the checkouts, they seemed to spend most of their time in produce or on shelf stacking

anyway, you have far more chance of getting away with saying that sort of thing in NZ than in the UK and some people might find that the less-PC environment is a thing to "love about NZ"

doubt that even in low-PC NZ you can get away with discussing your drawers on a public forum though - that's plain yukky
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

I've bought alcoholic drinks in places like Morocco, Turkey, Tunisia, Egypt, Malaysia... no big deal in those places
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:08 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

are you an ex-Pat Kiwi in the UK.....?
Originally Posted by DC10
I've bought alcoholic drinks in places like Morocco, Turkey, Tunisia, Egypt, Malaysia... no big deal in those places
anyway people have different attitudes to different things that are permissible and not permissible, within Islam and various other faiths.
However the UK tends to allow less criticism of minorities than NZ. And many people in NZ think that we are becoming "far too PC".
I reckon that the UK has more legislation/legal precident to prevent people from being forced into doing things that they have religious/moral qualms with. But I could be wrong.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lardyl
are you an ex-Pat Kiwi in the UK.....?

anyway people have different attitudes to different things that are permissible and not permissible, within Islam and various other faiths.
However the UK tends to allow less criticism of minorities than NZ. And many people in NZ think that we are becoming "far too PC".
I reckon that the UK has more legislation/legal precident to prevent people from being forced into doing things that they have religious/moral qualms with. But I could be wrong.
No, you are quite right. and much of it is legislated for here

I am an ex-pat Kiwi in the UK who became a British citizen last month and am heading "home" on a one-way ticket for the RWC next month
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:22 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem is, Racism is interpreted and measured in different ways:

Making generic statements about Brits such as "they are stuck up" or about Kiwis such as "they talk funny" could be considered racist by some definitions, yet those sort of statements are 'allowed' - why? We are called 'Poms', which has recently been deemed 'non-offensive' by NZ advertising - again - why?

From my perspective, if a person is disadvantaged because of their race - that is racism. Also, if a person is hurt by a comment about their race, then that also is racism, regardless of whether we think they are being over sensitive. The same is true of 'isms'. For example, how many females are upset by the following joke?

He was in ecstasy, with a smile on his face, As his girlfriend moved forwards then backwards.....
forwards then backwards.....
back and forth..
back and forth..
In and out..
in and out..
Her heart was pounding faster, her face was getting flush & she started to grunt and groan
Then she let out one almighty scream!!!
"I can't park this damn car! you do it"

Now hopefully, because you sort of know me, then you will understand that it is just a joke - but some could take real offence - it is all a matter of judgement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.