Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Things you Love about NZ

Things you Love about NZ

Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:01 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Things you Love about NZ

Originally Posted by Luckybird
Happy to stand you a wine too!!...or two...or..ok lots!!!
Your on
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

Interesting that no one loves their daily round in NZ or their housework etc now that they are in NZ.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 10:02 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debbi****
Interesting that no one loves their daily round in NZ or their housework etc now that they are in NZ.
I love that I have no stairs to hoover and can drive the kids to school eating a magnum (spot a theme here), if that counts.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:06 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Domestic chores don't count.

I love that I can stretch my eyes with the view from my kitchen window right out to the clouds on the Ranges. & the tide coming and going in Ruby Bay.
My husband will walk out onto the deck after work and just stand and look out . Not bad for an inner city council house kid is what I know he is thinking.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:38 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
My husband will walk out onto the deck after work and just stand and look out . Not bad for an inner city council house kid is what I know he is thinking.
Ahh BEVS- that sent a little shiver down my sentimental spine
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Ahh BEVS- that sent a little shiver down my sentimental spine
Me too
Old Aug 11th 2011, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by love30stm
Your on
Old Aug 11th 2011, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

old dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud of

The warm summer nights when you can lie out on the trampoline in the garden listening to the waves and watching the shooting stars. I can't believe it's the same sky I've looked at all my life, must have been walking around with my eyes shut.

Throwing the children into the camper with some fresh bread, soup or sausages, hitching either the boat or the kayaks - driving in any direction and knowing that in less than an hour - we'll be parked somewhere absolutely glorious and having a blast.

A fantastic day out (as described above) costing nothing more than lunch and fuel.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 8:02 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old dragon

A fantastic day out (as described above) costing nothing more than lunch and fuel.
Presumably the camper van, the boat and the kayaks were free!!!
Old Aug 11th 2011, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

old dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by billingham
Presumably the camper van, the boat and the kayaks were free!!!
Near as, one was rescued from a hedge, the other from a crusher and OK, we sold our souls to Trademe for the third!! But purchased one at a time and cheap as
Old Aug 11th 2011, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

I like Wellington really.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 8:52 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old dragon
Near as, one was rescued from a hedge, the other from a crusher and OK, we sold our souls to Trademe for the third!! But purchased one at a time and cheap as
Sorry to be picky, but no way would I travel with my precious children in a Camper van rescued from hedge or go on the water with a boat deemed fit for the crusher. Then again you did say 'Throwing the children into the camper' so perhaps they are not that precious.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by crap coffee
I like Wellington really.
Me too!!!!
Old Aug 11th 2011, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

I like Cicadas, have done every country i've visited. I associate them with sunshine, and i miss that stuff!
Old Aug 11th 2011, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by billingham
Sorry to be picky, but no way would I travel with my precious children in a Camper van rescued from hedge or go on the water with a boat deemed fit for the crusher. Then again you did say 'Throwing the children into the camper' so perhaps they are not that precious.
You're a bit of a plonker - everything is safe and officially checked and we've built an ocean going boat before, by hand.

I was making a tongue in cheek remark and not taking you too seriously given the nature of the thread.

Some things over here are very expensive, other things aren't. With a bit of hard work, some imagination and enough patience to live with boat parts in the house for months - you can achieve the dream without having to remortgage your soul.

Get over yourself with the throwing the kids comment, no wonder your so unhappy if you take everything so seriously.

PS, I was going to give you the short answer, but it's a nice thread and the mods are watching - oh and from your opening line - it sounds like you're the precious one not your children

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.