Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by CJandCLARE
Hi, I was wondering the same thing. Not about the nursery cos our son is 14, but am having a job getting someone to look after him as I will be having to travel from Elgin. It'll be a 2 day jaunt for me to attend the interview but really want to go to get more info, so can anyone tell me if they mind sprogs coming along to interview stage??
I would advise giving them a call. We didnt get to goto the interviews as Andy was in Afghanistan so I dont know , from what I remember I dont think my children could go , but your lad is older than mine . Give them a call or email and they will help you, I always found them very helpful.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:40 am
Just Joined

CJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=Divine Comedy;6144613]I would advise giving them a call.

Thanks, will do that when i get more info.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

sjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the rough

I think my husband is going to ask if he can fly out in sept for his interview , so we wont be going to London, unless something changes in the next two weeks, Anyway have arranged for Day Nursery to have him, and a friend is picking him up if were not back, Fingers crossed it really is going to be final hour stuff as to whether we get to London. Thanks for advice though
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Originally Posted by sjw1972
I think my husband is going to ask if he can fly out in sept for his interview , so we wont be going to London, unless something changes in the next two weeks, Anyway have arranged for Day Nursery to have him, and a friend is picking him up if were not back, Fingers crossed it really is going to be final hour stuff as to whether we get to London. Thanks for advice though
All the best .x sent you pm.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

rebecca_brew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I haven't got much interesting to say except that I am off to the NZ expo this weekend.... looking forward to it (anyone else going??)

Gotta pick up the mother-in-law from the airport later as she is coming with us so thats good
I have quite a busy long weekend because we are also packing the house ready for our final RAF posting to NI (Aldergrove)
Lots of change and i'm so excited about it, we have wanted Aldergrove for a while as it's closer to home (Isle of Man) so its a perfect posting if the next one will be NZ because I can spent some quality family time with the folks and sister before we emigrate.............

anywhoo, just checking in really, hope to see you all soon!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rebecca_brew
Hi all, I haven't got much interesting to say except that I am off to the NZ expo this weekend.... looking forward to it (anyone else going??)

Gotta pick up the mother-in-law from the airport later as she is coming with us so thats good
I have quite a busy long weekend because we are also packing the house ready for our final RAF posting to NI (Aldergrove)
Lots of change and i'm so excited about it, we have wanted Aldergrove for a while as it's closer to home (Isle of Man) so its a perfect posting if the next one will be NZ because I can spent some quality family time with the folks and sister before we emigrate.............

NI!!! loved it!! that was our final posting also. Fav place Giants Causeway.
Hope you get all the info you need at the Expo.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:42 am
Just Joined

CJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the rough

Goodluck with the move. Lets hope the next one is the big one
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

rebecca_brew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CJandCLARE
Goodluck with the move. Lets hope the next one is the big one
heres hoping
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:57 am
Just Joined

sjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the rough

heres hoping
yes good luck with your move, maybe se you in london , fingers crossed
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

dmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant futuredmcewan has a brilliant future

Well, its been a while since I posted on here.

After 3 appeals and truck loads of cash NZI have finally decided that yes there is a chronic shortage of servicemen, yes my wifes occupation is in demand, yes I qualify in every way for a PR visa and No I can't have one because apparently children with CF are to much of a burden for the New Zealand Health Service to bear, even if the Principal applicant will have his health care provided by the NZDF, even if Auckland Starship wrote to immigration on our behalf saying it wasn't an issue and they wern't in fact overstretchd.
It would have been handier if they rejected the EOI at the start, I couldn't make it any clearer that my daughter had CF when I filled that out, oh well a bit of revenue gained by immigration.

Anyway thats my venting over with, no NZ for this family, in fact pretty much condemmend to live in Europe for the duration.

To those that responded to my pretty infrequent posts over the months, I thank you and wish you all good fortune and happiness.

ENDEX:curse:
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmcewan

After 3 appeals and truck loads of cash NZI have finally decided that yes there is a chronic shortage of servicemen, yes my wifes occupation is in demand, yes I qualify in every way for a PR visa and No I can't have one because apparently children with CF are to much of a burden for the New Zealand Health Service to bear, even if the Principal applicant will have his health care provided by the NZDF, even if Auckland Starship wrote to immigration on our behalf saying it wasn't an issue and they wern't in fact overstretchd.
It would have been handier if they rejected the EOI at the start, I couldn't make it any clearer that my daughter had CF when I filled that out, oh well a bit of revenue gained by immigration.

Anyway thats my venting over with, no NZ for this family, in fact pretty much condemmend to live in Europe for the duration.

To those that responded to my pretty infrequent posts over the months, I thank you and wish you all good fortune and happiness.

What can we say!!. Really sorry!!! What a downer. Wishing you and your family all the best for whatever the future brings.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dmcewan

HI!!! I was wondering how you were getting on. I am very sorry to hear about all the stress you and your family have had to endure. I really cant work out how they pass some people and not others I do agree that you should have been given a decision right at the beginning when you were being very upfront and honest with them.
I hope all works out for you, sometimes thing are just meant to happen and fate has other paths for us.
Europe isnt all bad though, we had a posting to The Netherlands and that was an awesome place to live.
Keep in touch with any news you have
Debborah.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Can anyone help?? Now we have an interview date we are getting seriously cold feet Have spent the last 3 days going through all the other threads and going to the links regarding high house prices, gang culture in the cities, high cost of living etc etc, why have we not seen these before?? We have had the rose tinted glasses well and truly welded on . without the chance to have a holiday or spend time in NZ all our info is coming from books, CD's and the internet. We have now gone from one extreme to the other and every day are experiencing different emotions ie. what the h*ll are we going to do?.
Son of 14 is all for emigrating but son of 17 a different matter, he has spent the last year deciding to join the British army, can anyone give me info on the NZ army? Will he be able to join? Would he want to?
Does anyone else have a 14 year old who has had to join the local secondary?. Did they settle in well?. how are they finding making new friends. the reason I ask this is that we moved when my oldest son had just started high school and he got really badly bullied both verbally and physically. dont want to go through that with second son. it would break my heart
sorry all - having a really down day.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

CharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really nice

Hi,

We went through similar concerns about two months ago with regard to the negative postings on here. After thinking about it we came to the conclusion that everything depends on what you have to look forward to in the UK. If you have a good job lined up, own a nice house, and your children are in good schools, then there may be little benefit to moving to NZ. However, if you are in the position that we are in (long commute (1 1/2 hours each way), bad schools in the loacl area, neither of us enjoying our jobs) then things look a little different.

At the end of the day there is good and bad everywhere, and to expect NZ to have none of the problems that exist in the UK would not be realistic. I recently spoke to a policeman who moved down from the Met to work for the NZ Police in Wellington, and he put it quite simply: "NZ has just the same problems as the UK, but less severely and normally more localized". There are bad areas in NZ (although from what he said most of the bits he would describe as "bad" were in West Auckland) and there are problem people and families, but that is human nature I think.

After thinking it over we decided we were going to give it a try. At the end of the day it is as big an adventure as most families could ask for, and if you don't do it you might regret it...
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=CharlesMacLeod;6202134]Hi,

We went through similar concerns about two months ago with regard to the negative postings on here. After thinking about it we came to the conclusion that everything depends on what you have to look forward to in the UK. If you have a good job lined up, own a nice house, and your children are in good schools, then there may be little benefit to moving to NZ. However, if you are in the position that we are in (long commute (1 1/2 hours each way), bad schools in the loacl area, neither of us enjoying our jobs) then things look a little different.

thankyou!! you are right of course. I think i have maybe done too much reading over the last few days and need to chill out a bit unfortunately we have a nice house, I like my job (overworked nurse) most of the time, my O/H has recently been promoted and my youngest is in a good school (eldest about to leave in a few months). This makes the decision that bit harder, but the lure is the outdoors lifestyle. O/H and i are both into hill walking but you have to plan that like a military operation here. No reliable weather at all!! And the opportunity to prise my 14 year old away from the playstation/laptop/tv is also very tempting. What to do??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.