Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

few3976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hi all
my first post just wondering if there is anyone else out there waiting for the out come of the board ? Iam currently in the Royal Engineers as a comms type person praying to get an interview in sept please no more BIG BROTHER !!!.
does anyone out there know if any army types have joined the RNZAF ?
Our family have already moved mentally to New Zealand !! i know very naughty but 11yrs in the army and the constantly being away have finally made me want to find something better for my family.
hope someone can help and good luck to .

Old Jul 27th 2008, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

FredBassett is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

I went through the recruitmet process too, leaving the RAF (23 years) and joining the RNZAF, but they had no positions at my current rank and asked me to drop a rank to fill a vacancy, I politely declined. I'm moving over there as a civvy in 3 months having been over for interviews and secured myself a job in the IT world There are negatives about the country but for me and mine its a far better option than a future in the UK.

I tried trawling for jobs via the internet and agencies but they have so many people doing that and then not going through with the move that they are not really proactive unless you get your feet on the ground over there and show the commitment to moving.

Best of luck
Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:22 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

..bump..

new RNZAF bloke on the block HERE
Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

tristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nice

Hi, going through my EOI, what a nightmare!! Has anyone had trouble getting their Quals' recognised? I am trying to claim 50 points for my City & Guilds Part 1 & 2 Aeronautical Engineering, but despite the fact that it is on the list of recognised Quals', is only giving me 5 points.
Can anyone shed any light?? Have emailed the NZ Gov website, but they are proving less than useless at the moment.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Do you need the extra points for the qualifications? If you have the job offer from the RNZAF you should have enough to get through. Try make it as stressfree as possible as it is a major hair pulling time
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Divine Comedy
Do you need the extra points for the qualifications? If you have the job offer from the RNZAF you should have enough to get through. Try make it as stressfree as possible as it is a major hair pulling time
hiya, just wondering how many people are waiting to hear about a possible interview this november? my oh is, i think i am more anxious i dont like the not knowing and not being able to plan. i hope its an early september email.
fingers crossedxx
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:29 am
Just Joined

tristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nice

Hi divine comedy

Thanks for the reply. I have a job offer, 50 points, work experience, 30 points, age, 10 points. Then i was expecting 50 points for my quals, instead i got 5 !! giving me a grand total of 95, not enough:curse: to submit my EOI. so i really need the 50 points that the Qual table says that i am entitled to. The NZ immigration help centre, they should call it the no help centre. I think i will try and ring them, see if i can get anywhere.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:15 am
Just Joined

few3976 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes!!! we also are awaiting an interview. It's driving us mad not knowing and i am always checkig emails!! They did say it may not be until the end of September.
We want this sooooooo much. I think we have already moved in our heads. Did anyone see the programme on bbc 2 'wanted downn under'?
good luck
Old Aug 27th 2008, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Originally Posted by tristar_l1011
Hi divine comedy

Thanks for the reply. I have a job offer, 50 points, work experience, 30 points, age, 10 points. Then i was expecting 50 points for my quals, instead i got 5 !! giving me a grand total of 95, not enough:curse: to submit my EOI. so i really need the 50 points that the Qual table says that i am entitled to. The NZ immigration help centre, they should call it the no help centre. I think i will try and ring them, see if i can get anywhere.
Hiya, it is a while back since we applied so I am abit hazy with details Is your OOS in Auckland? you get extra points if you are posted out of Auckland.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Hi divine comedy

Do you have the job offer with the NZAF?? if so you should have enough points without the qual check. We are joining the NZDF (army) and it's the same process, you should get 50 point job offer, 30 experience, 10 outside auckland, some more points for a skill shortage, can't remember how many, points for your age etc but all in all it should come to approx 115 and that should be just fine.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Yes OOS is Auckland, if they don't recognise my Quals' ( they should as they are on their list ! ) then RNZAF have said they may be able to offer me a posting outside Auckland which will give me 105 points, enough to get in the pool, just. How barmy, you get a job offer then get held up with immigration. Oh well, NIL DESPERANDOM !
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by few3976
Yes!!! we also are awaiting an interview. It's driving us mad not knowing and i am always checkig emails!! They did say it may not be until the end of September.
We want this sooooooo much. I think we have already moved in our heads. Did anyone see the programme on bbc 2 'wanted downn under'?
good luck
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH the emails turn on computer....... ''will there be one?'......... log onto email .........''inbox 2''......... 'could it be one from them?'........... open inbox....... ' s**t it is dont want to open it now maybe rejection'............. look at other email as too chicken to open AF one.................... ' sod it open it now '............. ring any bells?

Watched all the NZ programmes i could find, but take them with a pinch of salt as none of truely reflects what it is like to live here.

My advice is to enjoy what you have for the time being and move along with the process as it happens, it is very easy to get caught up in the whole thing and then before you know it NZ is all you think/talk/dream about.
I dont want to sound like a know it all , but i have been through the whole process and after a roller coaster first year in NZ I have been where you are at the beginning. I also dont want to 'rain on your parade!' As it is your adventure and everyone is different. I think a balanced view, good/bad is the best way .
Good luck with those emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Yes OOS is Auckland, if they don't recognise my Quals' ( they should as they are on their list ! ) then RNZAF have said they may be able to offer me a posting outside Auckland which will give me 105 points, enough to get in the pool, just. How barmy, you get a job offer then get held up with immigration. Oh well, NIL DESPERANDOM !
If you think this bit is hard , wait for the actual move!! My hair has now grown back
Old Aug 30th 2008, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Finally got my Quals recognised, i now have 145 points. I know thats the first of many hurdles, but it's a good feeling to know that i can go in the pool and also get automatic selection. As you say, you just have to be patient and in a year or so from now we will wander why we worried so much.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Finally got my Quals recognised, i now have 145 points. I know thats the first of many hurdles, but it's a good feeling to know that i can go in the pool and also get automatic selection. As you say, you just have to be patient and in a year or so from now we will wander why we worried so much.

Great news !!! good luck with EOI.

I wonder everyday.x.x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.