Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by sjw1972
hey rebecca, weve just got our interview in london as well, were in lincoln
good luck. were unsure whether we can make it as hubby is off to afghan 4 may, trying to get it deferred for a fortnight so we can atttend interview
Hiya, welcome to the thread!
My hubby was in Afghan also when the interviews were being held . So he had to come to NZ [Auckland] for his . We used it as a recce for our peace of mind and im glad he did it . I suppose it showed commitment and he got the job! I have always found the airforce recruitment personnel very helpful and will try to help problems as much as they can.
Good luck with your ''NZ adventure'' it will be ups and downs all the way!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Originally Posted by rebecca_brew
Also sending our best to you and your hubby for his Afghan trip.....
Me too.x.......
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:39 am
Just Joined

sjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by rebecca_brew
I'm sure they must have a contingency plan for people who are on ops, courses OOA etc, I would think they will help you out, all the people we have spoken to that side ahve been nice and helpful, don't wory too much........
BTW I wonder how many people are applying there must be loads of us! Hopefully some of us ladies can meet in London during the interview process for a bit of shopping and chats about NZ.....Good luck to all of you!:thumbsup

Also sending our best to you and your hubby for his Afghan trip.....
yes that would be great, we have a two year old who might be coming to london with us, depends on if nursery can have him for the day. keep in touch
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:41 am
Just Joined

sjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Divine Comedy
Hiya, welcome to the thread!
My hubby was in Afghan also when the interviews were being held . So he had to come to NZ [Auckland] for his . We used it as a recce for our peace of mind and im glad he did it . I suppose it showed commitment and he got the job! I have always found the airforce recruitment personnel very helpful and will try to help problems as much as they can.
Good luck with your ''NZ adventure'' it will be ups and downs all the way!
thanks for advice weve been talking about him going to nz in sept if they will let him do his interview then, and he can do a recce while hes out there, thanks again
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Spudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really nice
Cool Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

The recruitment team are fantastic. The whole package is fantastic, Just be prepared to drop from an Air Force to the cub scouts. Don't get me wrong, but I came here from an operational Regt Sqn, 4 tours in Iraq and one in Afghan. Now I sharpen pencils all day. I do enjoy my job, but its not taxing in any shape or form. NZ is lovely, the RNZAF try hard to be an Air Force but lack the Operational experience to be one. Think hard before you make the leap of faith. ps I wasn't a Gunner, I was a regular Quin. I'm no front line fighting echelon. Just a guy who is proud of what i have done and what i know how to do.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

has anyone had any experience with selling their house when transferring to rnzaf. we dont know when is best to put ours up for sale before or after. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also what age do children start school, is their pre school in NZ.
Thanks
Sam & Paul
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Divine Comedy;5690141]
Originally Posted by richyandkat
Well Hello everyone!

Just a little bit has happened since my last rant on here!

Friday email from NZIS Visas approved!!!

That really cheered us up

GREAT NEWS !!!!

Hope you can relax now and enjoy the rest of your time there!!! My hubby is on 6sqn dont know anyone on 40 sorry.
Having a great Christmas here in NZ, very different to the UK. The children have now broken up for their summer break so have my 4 ''little darlings'' at home till Feb.
Got lots of things planned and going to enjoy it all.
Debborah.
Merry Chrismas to you both.x.x
what are the schools like in nz my little boy is 2 in may, he is likely to be 3 by the time we get out there any info greatly appreciated
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=sjw1972;6133627]
Originally Posted by Divine Comedy
what are the schools like in nz my little boy is 2 in may, he is likely to be 3 by the time we get out there any info greatly appreciated
My children are loving school. The system is very different than the UK though and takes abit of getting used to. Children start school on their 5th birthday so example they are 5 on the 6th of March and start on the 7th! They will have had 2 tester mornings the previous weeks to get them familiarized.
My daughter is 11 and she is Intermediate for 2 years.Then onto High school.
There is loads of info on the net. If you are based here in Auckland your children will goto either Hobsonville or Whenuapia both have websites.
Yes there are preschool it is called Kindie.
There quite a few kindies around this area so there wont be a problem getting him anywhere.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:21 am
Just Joined

CJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sjw1972
yes that would be great, we have a two year old who might be coming to london with us, depends on if nursery can have him for the day. keep in touch
Hi, I was wondering the same thing. Not about the nursery cos our son is 14, but am having a job getting someone to look after him as I will be having to travel from Elgin. It'll be a 2 day jaunt for me to attend the interview but really want to go to get more info, so can anyone tell me if they mind sprogs coming along to interview stage??
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:24 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CJandCLARE
Hi, I was wondering the same thing. Not about the nursery cos our son is 14, but am having a job getting someone to look after him as I will be having to travel from Elgin. It'll be a 2 day jaunt for me to attend the interview but really want to go to get more info, so can anyone tell me if they mind sprogs coming along to interview stage??
I come from Rothes...........is it freezing right now?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:46 am
Just Joined

CJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by karonious
I come from Rothes...........is it freezing right now?
Hi!! It's actually bright and sunny with a 'wee nip' in the air. Not a bad day at all! I think its due to rain tomorrow though!! Typical! thought we were going to get our 2 weeks of summer the same as we did last April but no such luck. We've been here since 2001, Hubby is now in Marham and the boys and i are up here. Not ideal but there you go! We stay in Lhanbryde. Bought a place here 4 years ago. How long have you been in NZ?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:20 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CJandCLARE
Hi!! It's actually bright and sunny with a 'wee nip' in the air. Not a bad day at all! I think its due to rain tomorrow though!! Typical! thought we were going to get our 2 weeks of summer the same as we did last April but no such luck. We've been here since 2001, Hubby is now in Marham and the boys and i are up here. Not ideal but there you go! We stay in Lhanbryde. Bought a place here 4 years ago. How long have you been in NZ?
18 months or so
Was last there Sept 06 before we headed out here, my sons are still there and most of my family. My eldest son plays with Mind Gone Blind - been to any of their gigs?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Spudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really nice

Mind gone blind are a sound band. Saw them a few times last year in Elgin and Lossie.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:30 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by Spudgun
Mind gone blind are a sound band. Saw them a few times last year in Elgin and Lossie.
That's my boy!!!
He sent me the edition of the Northern Scot that had them in it with their record deal. I'm very proud of him. he was out here a few weeks ago and it was just so good to see him again!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by karonious
That's my boy!!!
He sent me the edition of the Northern Scot that had them in it with their record deal. I'm very proud of him. he was out here a few weeks ago and it was just so good to see him again!!
Maybe my son has seen them. He was at a gig in Elgin a couple of weeks ago. Hes 17 in may and so just getting into that scene.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.