Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:31 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by rebecca_brew
thanks, just pre-registered for the London one, hopefully hubby will be home by then
Where's he going - mine goes out to Oman in 5 days until mid March. We are going to the one in Leeds once he gets back - Edinburgh would have been great but he'll be away! As is always the way.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

rebecca_brew is an unknown quantity at this point

The lucky sod is heading out to Al Udeid week monday, not bad really, he went there last year as well but the pay off was 3mnths in Kandahar a month afterwards! Still Al Udeid sounds pretty good to me, warmth, pool, lattes, can't be bad!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Are any forces types going to the expo in london (april)??
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spid
Oh yes. Very overwhelming - and such a steep learning curve but lots of people ready to help and a refeshing honesty as well. Don't wear those tinted glasses keep your eyes wide open and keep a sense of adventure about you. Do read the 'negative' threads too as they provide a great insight and keep you 'real'.

Not so invested yet - will be disappointed if don't get through but will also investigate other options. Are you going to any of the expos?
hi spid,jacky g here,sorry not read all the posts on here so don't know what your plans are for coming to nz....just wanted to pop in and say hi, your from our neck of the woods....we stayed in tayport before coming out to nz....

hows life in freezing cold fife at the moment.....if you don't mind me asking,do you have any kids,my daughter was at madras ,just wondered if you had any kids at that school...jacky
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:04 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by garryhg
hi spid,jacky g here,sorry not read all the posts on here so don't know what your plans are for coming to nz....just wanted to pop in and say hi, your from our neck of the woods....we stayed in tayport before coming out to nz....

hows life in freezing cold fife at the moment.....if you don't mind me asking,do you have any kids,my daughter was at madras ,just wondered if you had any kids at that school...jacky
i'll PM you
Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Okay so no-ones going....In that case do you think it will be worthwhile to go to the Expo even though we would be going to go out to NZ with the RNZAF (hopefully). Will the expo be of any use to us, if so what should I be looking for, who should I be talking to and what Q's should I be asking? Once again thanks in anticipation of your help! Becky xx
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

mops is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hi Rebecca we went to an expo in coventry last year , we found it really useful. There was plenty of professional people there to talk to about banking,transferring money ,pensions and removals galore. It is a very useful place to gain information. I Would just advise you to go with an open mind but not to get to caught up with what everyone is offering. We also had the opportunity to talk to the Newzealnd immigration people who where able to answer any queries we had about the process. We are in the early stages of our visas at the moment. Hope that is of some help.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:59 am
Just Joined

mops is an unknown quantity at this point

Like you, we need to send three quotes to get to our mail - so here is No. 2
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Whoo hoo, I'm very excited, we had the e-mail through yesterday inviting hubby (and me) to go to London for the interview to join RNZAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Whoo hoo, I'm very excited, we had the e-mail through yesterday inviting hubby (and me) to go to London for the interview to join RNZAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well done!!!! sent you PM.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:40 am
Just Joined

CJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the roughCJandCLARE is a jewel in the rough

Well done!!. us too, its only about 6 weeks away as well!! Getting v nervous already!!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Yay congrats...........I wonder if we could get together for a chat sometime even MSN or something would be good, it would be nice to have some faces to names and a small support network for the rough times I guess?? what do you lot think??
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

sjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the roughsjw1972 is a jewel in the rough

The lucky sod is heading out to Al Udeid week monday, not bad really, he went there last year as well but the pay off was 3mnths in Kandahar a month afterwards! Still Al Udeid sounds pretty good to me, warmth, pool, lattes, can't be bad!
hey rebecca, weve just got our interview in london as well, were in lincoln
good luck. were unsure whether we can make it as hubby is off to afghan 4 may, trying to get it deferred for a fortnight so we can atttend interview
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

I'm sure they must have a contingency plan for people who are on ops, courses OOA etc, I would think they will help you out, all the people we have spoken to that side ahve been nice and helpful, don't wory too much........
BTW I wonder how many people are applying there must be loads of us! Hopefully some of us ladies can meet in London during the interview process for a bit of shopping and chats about NZ.....Good luck to all of you!:thumbsup

Also sending our best to you and your hubby for his Afghan trip.....

Last edited by rebecca_brew; Mar 28th 2008 at 9:36 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Yay congrats...........I wonder if we could get together for a chat sometime even MSN or something would be good, it would be nice to have some faces to names and a small support network for the rough times I guess?? what do you lot think??
Good idea, I am very close to the group we came with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.