Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help for a 14 yr old

Help for a 14 yr old

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Happy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to all
Default Re: Help for a 14 yr old

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
So has anyone got any bright ideas to help ????

I was thinking back to when I was that age............................. somewhere in the recess of my mind!!! I was either working ( paper rounds, cutting lawns, babysitting etc) or out with my mates! ( up to no good!! )
Actually, your lawn cutting idea just rang a bell. At our last house, there were 14 yr old twin brothers who used to cut the lawn and take away the rubbish. They charged 10 euros, but would do the whole street in a few hours. They had such a good routine that they'd get our whole garden done in half an hour. They used their own petrol mower though. They were a couple of hard workers and ended up making a tidy profit according to their mum. Don't know if that would be more of a long term thing though?

Also, just found a website that lists volunteer opportunities in NZ, I've copied the link below - there are over 400 in Wellington. Although maybe not everyone's cup of tea.

http://www.volunteernow.org.nz/jobs/?regi
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Happy Wanderer;5003918]Actually, your lawn cutting idea just rang a bell. At our last house, there were 14 yr old twin brothers who used to cut the lawn and take away the rubbish. They charged 10 euros, but would do the whole street in a few hours. They had such a good routine that they'd get our whole garden done in half an hour. They used their own petrol mower though. They were a couple of hard workers and ended up making a tidy profit according to their mum. Don't know if that would be more of a long term thing though?

I'm sure something like that would suit him well - loads of money to get up to no good
He hasn't been here that long so will have to get in with someone that knows the ropes.
Have e mailed my mate that volunteer website - cheers.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Boopy,
Pember House had a sign up yesterday re volunteers, it my be worth Jackie ringing them to see if there is anything local to her. I used to do volunteer work at Cherry Knowles (the psychy hospital) and loved it - and no, didn't meet danny there
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnaf
Boopy,
Pember House had a sign up yesterday re volunteers, it my be worth Jackie ringing them to see if there is anything local to her. I used to do volunteer work at Cherry Knowles (the psychy hospital) and loved it - and no, didn't meet danny there
You beat me to it - the last bit. I knew I'd seen him before, I did my mental health placement there.