Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Silly Question re job offers

Silly Question re job offers

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

WannaB will become famous soon enoughWannaB will become famous soon enough
Default Silly Question re job offers

Sorry guys, maybe I'm being a dunce but I need some clarification on the following.

If I get a job offer and want to apply for a temp work permit or normal work visa etc - because I'm not on the skills shortage list my employer who has offered me the job will have to prove that there are no other NZers who can do the job right?

BUt what if I am just going straight for the PR route with an EOI. If I have job offer and submit EOI with job offer - do the employers still have to prove that there are no NZers to fill the job?

Thanks for your help (and sorry if this is a stupid question).
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Silly Question re job offers

Originally Posted by WannaB
BUt what if I am just going straight for the PR route with an EOI. If I have job offer and submit EOI with job offer - do the employers still have to prove that there are no NZers to fill the job?
I'd say you were ok.
And no they wouldn't but I'm not 100% certain. Better to ask NZ house.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys, maybe I'm being a dunce but I need some clarification on the following.

If I get a job offer and want to apply for a temp work permit or normal work visa etc - because I'm not on the skills shortage list my employer who has offered me the job will have to prove that there are no other NZers who can do the job right?

They will talk to then anyway as they'll be verifying that they have offered you a job, so whilst there doing that they'll ask the inevitable question as well. But it's an easy one for any NZ employer to answer.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future

It would just effect the number of points you get on your EOI. Job offer good, job on short or long term shortage list even better.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:33 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

The question is not stoopid.

short answer -Yes.

If your work doesn't come under the skills lists and its regardless of whether you go for a temporary work visa or submit an EOI with your NZ job offer, your NZ employer will still have to prove that there is no NZ resident available for that job. They do that by showing adverts etc.

They will have to seek an 'Approval In Principle ' from NZIS.