British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

jasper123 May 29th 2011 5:23 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by islandwoman120 (Post 9395474)
The UK steak cuts are named in a different manner. I found out the hard way just as you have. The best I can say is don't buy supermarket meat, but go to a reputable butchers shop. I have given up on supermarket meat, and only buy from the local butcher if I want meat. They understand the different names and can advise you correctly.

Thanks for reply Rosie, Yep a whole different language over here, anythink?

cheers May 29th 2011 6:00 pm

I just read this and it has no connection except for showing how cultures differ.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=153&sid=15735906

jasper123 May 29th 2011 6:01 pm

Anyone still in USA know who this cheryl cole girl is? the papers are saying over here that she was sacked from American X-Factor cause the American Audience would not be able to understand her thick Brummie accent,
Now Simon and cheryl are back over here and Simon has offered her the Job back on the British x-factor and apparently he gave her a deadline for an anwser of midnight last night and she didn't call him back --- so it looks like her 5 minutes of fame is over,
Did she get a lot of publicty in U.S.? nobody knows her over there, I live over here in UK now and I ve never heard of her either.

cheers May 29th 2011 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 9395887)
Anyone still in USA know who this cheryl cole girl is? the papers are saying over here that she was sacked from American X-Factor cause the American Audience would not be able to understand her thick Brummie accent,
Now Simon and cheryl are back over here and Simon has offered her the Job back on the British x-factor and apparently he gave her a deadline for an anwser of midnight last night and she didn't call him back --- so it looks like her 5 minutes of fame is over,
Did she get a lot of publicty in U.S.? nobody knows her over there, I live over here in UK now and I ve never heard of her either.

Just asked my DW and TV authority and she doesn't know her either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheryl_Cole

dgjamison May 29th 2011 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 9395431)
Well I wonder if there is anyone that has already taken the plunge and are already over here in UK,
Its about steaks, I have bought steaks 3 times so far from three different places ---- last one was lidle ---- anyway each time I cook it in the pan it comes out as tough as leather, the one I cooked today was sold as a top sirloin, now we all know in America that top sirloin steak is so tender when fried,
This one bought over here was absolutely full of gristle and the little meat that you could actually kind of chew OMG it takes about 100 chews to just chew a little piece of meat, tough like leather,
Any comments from anyone about British Steak meat would be welcome.
Rodney.

Hi Rodney, we buy our steaks (Sirloin) from Tescos, but we only buy the steaks that have been hung for 21-28 days, and they are lovely and tender.:thumbup: we had two on Saturday night and they were lovely, but the longer meat is hung the better it is. If you mention this at the supermarket or butcher, they will think you know what you are talking about an get you a good steak:rofl::rofl: With us being in the restaurant business my husband always asks how long the meat has been hung. Also bright red meat is dyed, good well hung beef should be a dark brown colour:wub: try it and let me know how you get on all the best Denise:thumbsup:

dgjamison May 29th 2011 6:25 pm

Cheryl Cole is part of a manufactured girl band by the name of Girls Aloud, there were five of them put together after a competition similar to xfactor, but, this one was just to form a group and they won. Have to say they did very well, they were quite famous with the teenyboppers :rofl: (similar to the spice girls i.e. Victoria beckham) They seem to have broken up now and Cheryl was a judge on the british X factor for the past 2-3 years and very propular over in the UK. Simon Cowell wanted her for the US version, but it seems it has'nt worked out. The accent is an excuse as she does'nt have a really thick Geordie accent, so I really don't k now what the truth is:confused: I have a suspicion it is all to do with the publicity for both X Factors. Amazing this is what gets front page headlines, pathetic really:huh:
Denise

islandwoman120 May 29th 2011 8:18 pm

Gosh Rodney - we watch different shows! She is the cutie on X factor over here. Does a lot of TV ads now, and her accent IS hard to follow, but her facial dimples make up for anything wrong with her. :):):)

cheers May 29th 2011 11:55 pm

More trouble at the border. Quote

So we ran into a bit of mishap when my husband and I went back to the states last week for a long weekend to visit my family. They took him into the dreaded back room when he went through border control, and grilled him about his relationship to me and how long he was expected to stay in the US, etc, etc. They eventually let him through, but said that next time he should probably get a visitors visa because his spouse was American. We were under the impression that unless we traveled to the US really frequently, that he would be okay on the visa waiver program, but apparently no? The immigrations officer we were talking to seemed to make it out like he would be able to get one of those 10 year multiple entry visitors visa, but after looking on the US immigration site it seems like getting a multiple entry one may prove a bit difficult, and we really, really don't want to have to apply for a new visa every time we want to visit the US!

cheers May 30th 2011 12:25 am

The Queen escapes after President Barack Obama’s frisking
The Queen is speechless after guests including David Beckham and Tom Hanks are frisked for President Barack Obama.

At the black-tie dinner that Obama threw for the Queen at Winfield House the previous evening, all of the guests had to be frisked by burly security guards.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-frisking.html

bandrui May 30th 2011 4:16 am

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 9395304)
What do you mean emigrate? If your British you are allowed back to UK to live permanently, you can enter on your canadian passport but if you do that you will get a stamp in your passport dated so you will only be able to stay in UK temporarily,
You better just get your UK passport renewed before you leave unless you want to give yourself unnecessary problems.
By the way when are you going home for good?

How can they kick me out of my own country? I do have a birth certificate. Others on here have talked about not renewing their UK passport until they got there. Was hoping to hear from someone who has experienced doing this.

I realised just how much I have to do and it is my busy time right now, gardening, so I just can't do everything at once. So, I am just doing things as I can, sorting through clothes, papers, etc., getting the garden round, planting my veggies. I think it won't be until next year. Would be nice to put the house on the market in the Spring.

bandrui May 30th 2011 4:22 am

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9395671)
Most definitely!

You will probably want to get a new British passport when you get there and use that from then on so no problem.

Hey thats what I'm going to do except I don't want to spring for a new passport. Economics and all.

That's what I'm thinking :thumbup:. May as well use that Canadian passport one more time since I just renewed it too.

I'm off to Friday Harbour this weekend... the US half of the group of islands I live in. Haven't found someone to watch the dog yet :eek:.

jasper123 May 30th 2011 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by bandrui (Post 9396593)
How can they kick me out of my own country? I do have a birth certificate. Others on here have talked about not renewing their UK passport until they got there. Was hoping to hear from someone who has experienced doing this.

I realised just how much I have to do and it is my busy time right now, gardening, so I just can't do everything at once. So, I am just doing things as I can, sorting through clothes, papers, etc., getting the garden round, planting my veggies. I think it won't be until next year. Would be nice to put the house on the market in the Spring.

bandrui your quite right they cant chuck you out of your own country, and of course your birth certificate proves your British,
All I was really thinking was this, ----- if you enter UK on a canadian passport with a (one way ticket) the UK authorities at airport will not let you in period!!!! but of course if you buy a round trip ticket then you will be alright,

cheers May 30th 2011 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 9398456)
bandrui your quite right they cant chuck you out of your own country, and of course your birth certificate proves your British,
All I was really thinking was this, ----- if you enter UK on a canadian passport with a (one way ticket) the UK authorities at airport will not let you in period!!!! but of course if you buy a round trip ticket then you will be alright,

I think she will be OK if her birth certificate is shown or it shows on her passport.
Lets see if they throw her out of Heathrow then she will end up in London.
I don't think the one way ticket will be an issue either.
Hey what do I know? A lot of strange things are coming up at the Border Control in the last few years.

aries_bird May 31st 2011 6:59 am

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 9395431)
Well I wonder if there is anyone that has already taken the plunge and are already over here in UK,
Its about steaks, I have bought steaks 3 times so far from three different places ---- last one was lidle ---- anyway each time I cook it in the pan it comes out as tough as leather, the one I cooked today was sold as a top sirloin, now we all know in America that top sirloin steak is so tender when fried,
This one bought over here was absolutely full of gristle and the little meat that you could actually kind of chew OMG it takes about 100 chews to just chew a little piece of meat, tough like leather,
Any comments from anyone about British Steak meat would be welcome.
Rodney.

The very best steak here IMHO is that from the Aberdeeen Angus cow. The sirloin and rib eye is to die for. It IS expensive but when cooked properly and preferably on an outdoor grill you will be transported back to the US. We don't eat much because of the cost, but it is worth it for a treat. Supermarket meat tends to be rubbish so I agree with others, buy from a good butcher.

islandwoman120 May 31st 2011 7:18 am

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9398492)
I think she will be OK if her birth certificate is shown or it shows on her passport.
Lets see if they throw her out of Heathrow then she will end up in London.
I don't think the one way ticket will be an issue either.
Hey what do I know? A lot of strange things are coming up at the Border Control in the last few years.

When you travel to the UK on a non-UK passport, you need a round trip ticket - the travel agent won't sell you any other kind in any case, if you do not hold a passport for the country to which you are travelling. When you arrive in the UK, you have to complete paperwork for immigration, and one of the questions is - what nationality are you. So let's say that you are travelling on a Canadian passport - that makes you a Canadian citizen. The fact that you are also a UK citizen does not count at that time, as you are not travelling on a UK passport. So you enter on one passport, then as soon as you are able to, apply for and get your UK passport. It IS cheaper to do that from here, but you need an address to which it can be sent. And when it is sent to you, you will need to be at that address to sign for it's receipt, and show other identification that you are who you say you are, because passports are delivered by courier now, not in the Royal Mail.

How do I know all this: I just had to do this myself last year. Substitute the Canadian passport for a US passport.

If you apply from overseas, the paperwork needed, and the application form are different to the form you get once you are here - you get the form from the Post Office, and can get that by mail by going onto the internet site, or just from the Post Office counter. Each form has a unique barcode on it for tracking purposes. If you need Nationality papers, duplicate birth certificates etc, they can be obtained form the National Archives at Kew - you can do that on line too, and the Copying Service is also good at answering emails. But, and this is a pain - they follow protocol to the T, so even the simplest paper takes approximately one month to get from them.

cheers May 31st 2011 2:36 pm

Thanks Rosie.

As has been mentioned round trip tickets are cheaper than one way.(thats a blanket statement, huh)

cheers May 31st 2011 2:55 pm

I was looking at an old post and it said that chocolate is 76p for 200g so what does a chocolate bar cost? (how long is a piece of string?) So we will ask about a small bar. I understand that they have shrunk the size of the bar so the owners of the confectioner companies can buy their £4,500,000 mansions that are all over the English countryside.:frown: Thanks Kraft!

http://www.google.com/search?q=cadbu...w=1440&bih=779

Tell me about the bread that sells for 29p which is awful cheap.
On the subject of bread I was talking to the cashier who seems to know a lot about bread and he picked up a loaf and read the ingredients-molasses to make the white bread brown and then the biggy they put an item into the bread to hold it together and it is the same ingredient they put into plaster of paris. Good to know, right?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ed...s-1801591.html

jasper123 May 31st 2011 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by islandwoman120 (Post 9399147)
When you travel to the UK on a non-UK passport, you need a round trip ticket - the travel agent won't sell you any other kind in any case, if you do not hold a passport for the country to which you are travelling. When you arrive in the UK, you have to complete paperwork for immigration, and one of the questions is - what nationality are you. So let's say that you are travelling on a Canadian passport - that makes you a Canadian citizen. The fact that you are also a UK citizen does not count at that time, as you are not travelling on a UK passport. So you enter on one passport, then as soon as you are able to, apply for and get your UK passport. It IS cheaper to do that from here, but you need an address to which it can be sent. And when it is sent to you, you will need to be at that address to sign for it's receipt, and show other identification that you are who you say you are, because passports are delivered by courier now, not in the Royal Mail.

How do I know all this: I just had to do this myself last year. Substitute the Canadian passport for a US passport.

If you apply from overseas, the paperwork needed, and the application form are different to the form you get once you are here - you get the form from the Post Office, and can get that by mail by going onto the internet site, or just from the Post Office counter. Each form has a unique barcode on it for tracking purposes. If you need Nationality papers, duplicate birth certificates etc, they can be obtained form the National Archives at Kew - you can do that on line too, and the Copying Service is also good at answering emails. But, and this is a pain - they follow protocol to the T, so even the simplest paper takes approximately one month to get from them.

Rosie,
Thats what I was saying, thanks for explaining it all in detail,
When I came back home 6 months ago I still had 4 weeks validity on my UK Passport, and so there were absolutely no questions asked and no complications at all, so when you enter UK on a British passport its so much easier, for starters its a much faster line that you go in ---- the EU or British passport line, you just WIZZ through in no time, --- but if you are traveling on a NON UK passport you have to go into the LINE FROM HELL, and you get your passport stamped with a limited short stay time as a tourist:eek:
So I was lucky, I was able to enter UK on a UK passport keeping life very simple, thats how i like things, ---- and I just applied for my British Passport in UK, ----- BUT had I not had a valid UK passport, I would have most certainly have made sure I got it renewed before I left U.S. even though it would cost a little more from U.S. ---- but thats just me ----- why put yourself through all that hassle?
Just saying :)

jasper123 May 31st 2011 4:56 pm

check this out, a town in England is fineing people for swearing in public £80 for first offence:eek:
Good news is that its just going to be in force for the entire month of June:)

cheers May 31st 2011 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 9400239)
check this out, a town in England is fineing people for swearing in public £80 for first offence:eek:
Good news is that its just going to be in force for the entire month of June:)

So Rod how much does bread cost?

jasper123 May 31st 2011 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9400308)
So Rod how much does bread cost?

Well we buy a very nice and tasty wholemeal (wholewheat) 24 Oz loaf for
85p at the Co-Op or Iceland,
Im going to bed now, goodnight Cheers.

cheers Jun 1st 2011 3:20 am

Barbara, good luck on your first day of work on Wednesday, we will all be thinking of you.:thumbsup:

The other week one of the employers phoned and offered me a position to start on June 1st, they will review my pay after 12 months, so it can be hard in your 50's but not impossible. Also DDL who used to post on the over 50's thread was a legal secretary in the US and is now working as a PA at a University in London........

she posted this on another part of the forum.

Englishmum Jun 1st 2011 3:43 am

Oh yes, Beedubya (Barbara) - wishing you warm wishes for much success and enjoyment in your new job :thumbsup:

(It's my daughter's birthday too, my youngest sister's 20th wedding anniversary....and my son is going for a 5 hour job interview on 1st June too...poor kid, it's his first ever proper job interview in the NYC financial district near Wall Street, he's just graduated from uni and got the phone call a few hours ago calling him in so he hasn't had much time to prepare).

It's a big day on June 1st this year for quite a few people! Hope it's a wonderful day for all...:thumbup:

Beedubya Jun 1st 2011 5:01 am

Thanks for the good wishes Cheers and Englishmum and good luck to your son too. :thumbsup:

The weather has been not very nice oop North for the past 3 weeks while I have been sitting idle at home, mightn't you know it, this morning the sky is blue and the sun is shining. :ohmy:

jasper123 Jun 1st 2011 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9401761)
Thanks for the good wishes Cheers and Englishmum and good luck to your son too. :thumbsup:

The weather has been not very nice oop North for the past 3 weeks while I have been sitting idle at home, mightn't you know it, this morning the sky is blue and the sun is shining. :ohmy:

Barb good luck on your first day at your new Job ---- Opps its already June 1 today and its 5.30pm English time so your first day is probably over, well hope it went well for you:)
PS did you like the Job?
Rodney.

jasper123 Jun 1st 2011 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Englishmum (Post 9401642)
Oh yes, Beedubya (Barbara) - wishing you warm wishes for much success and enjoyment in your new job :thumbsup:

(It's my daughter's birthday too, my youngest sister's 20th wedding anniversary....and my son is going for a 5 hour job interview on 1st June too...poor kid, it's his first ever proper job interview in the NYC financial district near Wall Street, he's just graduated from uni and got the phone call a few hours ago calling him in so he hasn't had much time to prepare).

It's a big day on June 1st this year for quite a few people! Hope it's a wonderful day for all...:thumbup:

Englishmum yes indeed today June 1st is a good day for a lot of people, and me too cause I have just read your post on the other thread along with all the others from MITF/celticspirit/Barb/coastieexpat/ and our own trottytrue,
and I thank you all for your comments and advice and good thoughts and love :wub: as I read the posts one by one I could feel something really special happening to me, all of a sudden the tears just started to roll down my eyes and within minutes I was crying out loud, my Mum was not in at the time and I was able to just have my bit of space all on my own, then I looked at the last picture of my Sister taken 2 weeks before she died and I cried some more, anyway because of my friends on here I have been able to let it out a little, I feel much better now, thank you all, strange how all you wonderful people could do this for me with your words :wub: :wub:
Rodney.

jasper123 Jun 1st 2011 6:50 pm

Also this day June 1st is a special day for me cause its my Aniversary ---- 6 months ago today I arrived back home:)

Beedubya Jun 1st 2011 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 9402988)
Englishmum yes indeed today June 1st is a good day for a lot of people, and me too cause I have just read your post on the other thread along with all the others from MITF/celticspirit/Barb/coastieexpat/ and our own trottytrue,
and I thank you all for your comments and advice and good thoughts and love :wub: as I read the posts one by one I could feel something really special happening to me, all of a sudden the tears just started to roll down my eyes and within minutes I was crying out loud, my Mum was not in at the time and I was able to just have my bit of space all on my own, then I looked at the last picture of my Sister taken 2 weeks before she died and I cried some more, anyway because of my friends on here I have been able to let it out a little, I feel much better now, thank you all, strange how all you wonderful people could do this for me with your words :wub: :wub:
Rodney.

I am crying too Rodney reading your words, tears are such a great healer, hope your friends on here have helped in some small way. xxx

islandwoman120 Jun 1st 2011 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 9402988)
Rodney.

Rodney - one of my older brothers died at the age of 54, back in late Spring 2001. We were not especially close, but I still get upset at times. Little things will set me off - if I find an envelope with his handwriting on it, for example. I cleared and closed out his house the summer after he died, and that was, without doubt, one of the hardest, and loneliest, things I have had to do as an adult. I found a passport size picture of him when I was closing the house, and pinned it to the bulletin board, and each day for the first 40 days I was there, I swore at him for dying and leaving us. Then I took it down and got onto the next stage of grief. Five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance. Get started on your grief now while you can still think. It does get better, but takes time. Each day is unique onto itself, and each of us grieves in our own way.
Here is another site to look at if it helps at all: http://www.businessballs.com/elisabe...s_of_grief.htm

jasper123 Jun 1st 2011 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9403524)
I am crying too Rodney reading your words, tears are such a great healer, hope your friends on here have helped in some small way. xxx

Barb let me tell you something before I go to bed, You and everyone that I mentioned before that posted to me ---- and Fish too have helped in a very big way, Barb me like us all have lost a lot of loved ones over the years, and with every single one of them when I heard of there death I cried, just an uncontrollable emotion that comes over us as soon as we are told something bad like that, and its so necessary for us to be able to do this,
But I couldn't and it was tearing me apart, I had so much anger inside me towards that wicked Nephew of mine, for him to keep my Mum and me and his Brother and all the family away and not able to have a service or say some nice honest words of love at a funeral was just unbelievably cruel,
Im not quite sure if my Mum has cried on her own when I wasn't at home sometime, she may have, but I dont think so, she needs to let it out too, but anyway thanks again Barb for helping me get it out and thanks to everyone else too.
Take care,
Rodney.
PS Barb how did your first day at your new Job go, do you like it?

Mummy in the foothills Jun 2nd 2011 12:19 am

You know Rod you can always do a small memorial service for your family to and friends to attend if you think it may help your and your Mum.
Just a nice framed photo up front, a eulogy, and some nice words from friends and family who want to share a special memory of your sister. The ones I've been too also had a short photo montage set to a song that either meant something to your sister or reminds everyone of her. They started with a few baby and kid pictures and progressed up to adulthood, with her babies, with her family etc.
It might be worth a try.

cheers Jun 4th 2011 2:47 am

I don't know of anybody on here that needs a car but an American in Nottingham I think they said has one for sale. They bought it off another American. It has an auto transmission.

I have a white Golf 1.4 CL AUTOMATIC for sale. Details are as follows:

Year: '93 (L-registration)
112k miles (as she's German built, this old girl still has a lot of life and journeys in her!)
Taxed through November 30, 2011
MOT due July 29, 2011
In good repair
New battery, timing belt and power steering pump August 2010
Low insurance category
Central locking and manual windows, although the driver window is currently stuck but easily fixable according to the mechanic
Derby/Nottingham area
£550

I love this classic car! She has been nothing but dependable and reliable and has started everytime for all our journeys whether to local grocery store or a longer journey to the south coast! But alas it's time to share her with someone else as we no longer need two cars in the family.

Please PM me if interested!

cheers Jun 5th 2011 11:00 pm

A Rodney this could have been you.

VERNAL, Utah (AP) — A Vernal man has been cited on a charge of disorderly conduct after paying for a disputed medical bill with 2,500 pennies.
The Deseret News of Salt Lake City reports Jason West went to Basin Clinic in Vernal on May 27 prepared to dispute an outstanding $25 bill.

Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell says after asking staff members whether they accepted cash, West dumped 2,500 pennies on the counter and demanded that staff count them.

Campbell says the incident upset staff because pennies were strewn about the counter and floor, and West's action served "no legitimate purpose."

After being notified by staff, police later issued the 38-year-old West a citation for disorderly conduct, which carries a fine of up to $140.

Mummy in the foothills Jun 5th 2011 11:06 pm

We hare having quite a traumatic time with bills lately.
I got the car insurance bill two days ago, and we've been with the company for many many years, no changes, no new cars, or drivers, or crashes.
Yet our annual bill went up $800 :eek::confused: No idea why, I have to now call and ask.
In the mean time I called AAA and got a quote, we'll get a discount for having the homeowners and life ins with them, and we'll save that $800 by going with them. So Dh says just change it and get it over with. :lol:

Mummy in the foothills Jun 5th 2011 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9412319)

VERNAL, Utah (AP) — A Vernal man has been cited on a charge of disorderly conduct after paying for a disputed medical bill with 2,500 pennies.
The Deseret News of Salt Lake City reports Jason West went to Basin Clinic in Vernal on May 27 prepared to dispute an outstanding $25 bill.

Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell says after asking staff members whether they accepted cash, West dumped 2,500 pennies on the counter and demanded that staff count them.

Campbell says the incident upset staff because pennies were strewn about the counter and floor, and West's action served "no legitimate purpose."

After being notified by staff, police later issued the 38-year-old West a citation for disorderly conduct, which carries a fine of up to $140.

Silly, pennies are legal tender he made his point no need to call the police was there. :thumbdown:

Fish n Chips 56 Jun 5th 2011 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9412319)

Wow I used to live near Vernal...
Mr West may have been upset but he did pay his bill, to involve the police is stupid, they should have more important things to do, to fine him another 14.000 pennies is ridiculous.

trottytrue Jun 6th 2011 1:05 am

Mummy in the foothills.....They did that with our house insurance and we had been with that company for a few years. So we went with another one and saved quite a bit of money. Its just all the messing you have to do but if its saving money its worth it.:)
On another note. I know another reason why I dislike NH I got bitten by a tick and got one of those bullseye's on the back of my leg. Had to go to the doctor and have tests done and now I am on penicillin for two weeks for lyme desease. The first lot of medicine they gave me made me so ill I could only take one dose.:frown:
Anyone been in touch with Charlygirl I have called her but got no reply hope shes alright.

cheers Jun 6th 2011 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56 (Post 9412395)
Wow I used to live near Vernal...
Mr West may have been upset but he did pay his bill, to involve the police is stupid, they should have more important things to do, to fine him another 14.000 pennies is ridiculous.

Now if I had called the police about that company to complain they would have told me it was a civil matter.

My next door neighbor is a judge in Vernal, I'll have to ask him about it.

In my city if you make some commotion in a store you can be arrested. I forget what the charge is.

Mummy in the foothills Jun 6th 2011 3:38 am

Originally Posted by trottytrue (Post 9412481)
Mummy in the foothills.....They did that with our house insurance and we had been with that company for a few years. So we went with another one and saved quite a bit of money. Its just all the messing you have to do but if its saving money its worth it.:)
On another note. I know another reason why I dislike NH I got bitten by a tick and got one of those bullseye's on the back of my leg. Had to go to the doctor and have tests done and now I am on penicillin for two weeks for lyme desease. The first lot of medicine they gave me made me so ill I could only take one dose.:frown:
Anyone been in touch with Charlygirl I have called her but got no reply hope shes alright.

I'm glad you caught that bulls-eye mark quickly and have got it seen too, Lyme disease is nasty when left untreated and undiagnosed. Get well soon

Beedubya Jun 6th 2011 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9412612)
I'm glad you caught that bulls-eye mark quickly and have got it seen too, Lyme disease is nasty when left untreated and undiagnosed. Get well soon

Seconded, get well soon TT.