Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

This might change your mind about moving back

This might change your mind about moving back

Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:58 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: This might change your mind about moving back

Originally Posted by gypsygirl
Not another one...............how boring!!!

The uk has it problems yes but so does every other country in the world lets not forget!!

kezx
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by englishrose
plenty of people i know,like all of them,have never seen a chav,
I take it that you and your friends never ever go out then?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
Not another one...............how boring!!!

The uk has it problems yes but so does every other country in the world lets not forget!!

kezx
Absoloutely
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:13 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
A completely unreliable, uncreditable source from t'internet tells me that the UK is going down the pan? It must be true! We all know that everything you read on the wibbly wobbly web is true, after all, and our own experiences count for nothing. I barely even remember how to form my own opinion any more - I'm so used to being told what to think. I'm cancelling the flights now. Do you think I'll get my shipping deposit back?
Hi N

This has happened to me and my family in the last two weekends

Weekend number 1) we went to the beach for the day( the one i use to go to as a kid) but only this time it was full of house bricks and clay and the sea was brown. The kids were all trying to get drink on to the beach hence the police buggy patroling the beach all day confiscating the booze ( bet the staff had a right good party later on ) The lads were all spitting all over the beach and the litter was .....just disgusting. No one seemed to take thier rubbish away.

Weekend numder 2 ) Me hubb and the kids were settleing down to watch a movie , so before it started hubby and daughter ( 9 ) went to the shop for some chocolate. Just about to get served when an armed robber comes in a demands the money from the till. He had a kitchen knife in his hand, no coverage to his face and the store was full and the security gaurd stood there and did nothing and in a way i am glad because this lad meant buisness and he would have stabbed him.

Not internet rubbish ...but true facts.

So when are your flights booked for
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
Hi N

Weekend number 1) we went to the beach for the day( the one i use to go to as a kid) but only this time it was full of house bricks and clay and the sea was brown. The kids were all trying to get drink on to the beach hence the police buggy patroling the beach all day confiscating the booze ( bet the staff had a right good party later on ) The lads were all spitting all over the beach and the litter was .....just disgusting. No one seemed to take thier rubbish away.

Weekend numder 2 ) Me hubb and the kids were settleing down to watch a movie , so before it started hubby and daughter ( 9 ) went to the shop for some chocolate. Just about to get served when an armed robber comes in a demands the money from the till. He had a kitchen knife in his hand, no coverage to his face and the store was full and the security gaurd stood there and did nothing and in a way i am glad because this lad meant buisness and he would have stabbed him.

Hi Issie

Thats truly awful what happened to your family. I can see why you'd be happy at leaving.
However, Oz does have its fair share of problems too, like anywhere.
Anyone moving home knows what the UK is like and they have lived in Oz, they're making the choice to move back to UK for many and varied a reason.

Anyway, good luck with the move here
I do think lifes actually easier here in al
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:23 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Hi Issie

Thats truly awful what happened to your family. I can see why you'd be happy at leaving.
However, Oz does have its fair share of problems too, like anywhere.
Anyone moving home knows what the UK is like and they have lived in Oz, they're making the choice to move back to UK for many and varied a reason.

Anyway, good luck with the move here
I do think lifes actually easier here in al
I also know Australia has it's problems and don't expect a crime free life....but i am willing to give it ago.

Good luck with your move home
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

I also know Australia has it's problems and don't expect a crime free life....but i am willing to give it ago.

Good luck with your move home
Hi Issie
Thanks
Where you heading to anyway?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:37 am

Hi Issie
Thanks
Where you heading to anyway?
Carine, Perth

Got a job in royal Perth ICU.

are you coming back to the UK soon ?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Carine, Perth

Got a job in royal Perth ICU.

are you coming back to the UK soon ?
Bestest of luck with it, really hope you love it lots
Thats good you've a job to come to, one less thing to worry about
I'm hoping to be back in next 6 weeks, trying to renew my Uk passport so can enter on a o/w ticket.
When are you off then?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:19 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hi N

Hi, D! Hope you and yours are well.

OK, he's my true facts from Aus:

1) On my way to work two days ago, a gang of teens from the local high school were shouting (I mean really hurling some obscene abuse) at a man. Said man is the local dog-walker. He's not got the highest IQ. He is lovely - always smiling and says hello, asks how you are. And as if shouting wasn't bad enough, the gang then started throwing things at him - empty bottles and general rubbish. Nobody did anything. (It had stopped by the time I got anywhere near, but I can't say I would have intervened either. )

2) A camping trip oop north, to a beautiful national park. Absolutely gorgeous area. Completely ruined by the hoons racing their cars around the place. Said hoons also had a BBQ - and left their rubbish everywhere; they even took great pleasure in throwing it around the place, at each other etc. It was left for me, a friend and a pregnant woman to clean up. Nice.

Two small examples of many bad experiences I've had in Aus. But they're not the overriding experience. And they're certainly not enough to even think about suggesting to someone that they shouldn't come here - that's just bloody stupid. The thing is, the longer you stay in a place, the easier you see the problems and faults. After two years here (still barely any time at all!), I'm starting to see through the flash paint job and pick out the cracks underneath. And some of the problems are huge and not pretty. And that's not Internet rubbish - that is a true fact.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi, D! Hope you and yours are well.

OK, he's my true facts from Aus:

1) On my way to work two days ago, a gang of teens from the local high school were shouting (I mean really hurling some obscene abuse) at a man. Said man is the local dog-walker. He's not got the highest IQ. He is lovely - always smiling and says hello, asks how you are. And as if shouting wasn't bad enough, the gang then started throwing things at him - empty bottles and general rubbish. Nobody did anything. (It had stopped by the time I got anywhere near, but I can't say I would have intervened either. )

2) A camping trip oop north, to a beautiful national park. Absolutely gorgeous area. Completely ruined by the hoons racing their cars around the place. Said hoons also had a BBQ - and left their rubbish everywhere; they even took great pleasure in throwing it around the place, at each other etc. It was left for me, a friend and a pregnant woman to clean up. Nice.

Two small examples of many bad experiences I've had in Aus. But they're not the overriding experience. And they're certainly not enough to even think about suggesting to someone that they shouldn't come here - that's just bloody stupid. The thing is, the longer you stay in a place, the easier you see the problems and faults. After two years here (still barely any time at all!), I'm starting to see through the flash paint job and pick out the cracks underneath. And some of the problems are huge and not pretty. And that's not Internet rubbish - that is a true fact.
Good post GG

By the way, you're not in Glebe are you, sounds exactly like the dog walking man there
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:29 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Good post GG

By the way, you're not in Glebe are you, sounds exactly like the dog walking man there
Guilty as charged.

Jesus loves you, Sister.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Guilty as charged.

Jesus loves you, Sister.
Ahhhhhhhhh...I loved him, so hes still spreading the lurve.
I loved living in Glebe too.....

How long until you head off

T
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:37 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Ahhhhhhhhh...I loved him, so hes still spreading the lurve.
I loved living in Glebe too.....

How long until you head off

T
Yes, it's not a bad spot. If you stand on tip-toes at the top of our road, you can see the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Whereabouts are you based now?

We fly on the 21st July, so just under 5 weeks left.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, it's not a bad spot. If you stand on tip-toes at the top of our road, you can see the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Whereabouts are you based now?

We fly on the 21st July, so just under 5 weeks left.
OMG 5 weeks, exciting.
I used to have all the Darling harbour fireworks from my place for awhile, every weekend in summer
I moved up north, a place called Bangalow, about 10 mins inland from Byron. Really nice spot too but quite small after a while

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.