Reload this Page >

NEOM Potential Job

NEOM Potential Job

Old Jul 9th 2023, 7:13 am
Just Joined

drMobas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by Sk9t5
G'day, folks, anyone here who's working as a Program Manager at NEOM or Tonomus(or knows someone who is)? I am considering interviewing for a potential Program Manager role at NEOM/Tonomus and would greatly appreciate insights from someone already working there as an IT Program Manager.If this thread is not suitable for this type of inquiry, I kindly ask you to please direct me to the appropriate place.

Cheers from a cold Melbourne
Just landed in Neom Bay
As of today I am the new Port IT systems manager
Maybe i can help you
Old Jul 9th 2023, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Sk9t5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by drMobas
Just landed in Neom Bay
As of today I am the new Port IT systems manager
Maybe i can help you
Legend, thanks, mate.

As I'm a new member of this forum (and have not posted more than three messages - I reckon, as the rule states), I can't send you a PM .
So, I'll ask a few questions here:
  • How was your interview process - specifically how many people interviewed you (for how many interviews)? Did they ask you for relevant certification and/or any test/scenario to do? They're more concerned about a traditional waterfall approach, Agile, or mixed (not sure if you'll be able to answer this, but still asking).
  • Your role, I reckon, is a touch different to what I might be interviewing for, but still, were you told what type of challenges you might be walking into, what kind of skills you need to succeed in the role, will you be working with Agile teams or waterfall or a mixed approach?

And lastly, a few generic questions.
  • Did you have to provide your previous salary slips to negotiate your current pay?
  • Did you go by yourself or with your family? In my case, I have a family which I am very hesitant to bring to the Kingdom. Shall I plan to keep them in the neighbouring Dubai/Abu Dhabi, or how did you tackle this (if you did tackle it at all)?
  • Did you go thru a recruiter, or did some one internal (non-HR) get you hired? How long did it take you from the first interview to landing there?
  • And by any chance, did you move from Australia to NEOM?

Thanks a ton!
Old Jul 9th 2023, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

drMobas is an unknown quantity at this point

See below the answers
Originally Posted by Sk9t5
Legend, thanks, mate.

As I'm a new member of this forum (and have not posted more than three messages - I reckon, as the rule states), I can't send you a PM .
So, I'll ask a few questions here:
  • How was your interview process - specifically how many people interviewed you (for how many interviews)? Did they ask you for relevant certification and/or any test/scenario to do? They're more concerned about a traditional waterfall approach, Agile, or mixed (not sure if you'll be able to answer this, but still asking).
Not sure the approach in terms of projects bur had 3 interviews. One with the headhunter, one with the department director and one with ports director
  • Your role, I reckon, is a touch different to what I might be interviewing for, but still, were you told what type of challenges you might be walking into, what kind of skills you need to succeed in the role, will you be working with Agile teams or waterfall or a mixed approach?
  • i was told about the challenges and the systems required and stuff like that

And lastly, a few generic questions.
  • Did you have to provide your previous salary slips to negotiate your current pay?
  • no negotiation! Sent the payslips and received an offer
  • Did you go by yourself or with your family? In my case, I have a family which I am very hesitant to bring to the Kingdom. Shall I plan to keep them in the neighbouring Dubai/Abu Dhabi, or how did you tackle this (if you did tackle it at all)?
  • My wife and kids are staying in Portugal (where i am from)
  • Did you go thru a recruiter, or did some one internal (non-HR) get you hired? How long did it take you from the first interview to landing there?
  • thru a recruter, it took me around 3 months and it was expedited
  • And by any chance, did you move from Australia to NEOM?
  • no mate sorry! From Portugal

Thanks a ton!
Old Jul 10th 2023, 2:29 am
Just Joined

Sk9t5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by drMobas
See below the answers
Thanks (Jazak Allah), mate.
Old Jul 23rd 2023, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Offer has now been received - now the paperwork, attestations etc- - I'm guessing another 2 months to get through all of that
Old Jul 23rd 2023, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

Tk940 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, would you know who to reach out to in Neom for finance roles? I have tried apply online on Neom’s career page but not getting any traction from there. Wondering if there are any specific recruiters or contact someone can share.

Would appreciate any sort of guidance.
Old Jul 24th 2023, 6:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tk940
Hi everyone, would you know who to reach out to in Neom for finance roles? I have tried apply online on Neom’s career page but not getting any traction from there. Wondering if there are any specific recruiters or contact someone can share.

LinkedIn. Most jobs are headhunted, if you’ve got skills they need they’ll find you on there.

Good luck.
Old Jul 24th 2023, 10:42 am
Just Joined

zetroo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tk940

Hello everyone, This is my first forum post, and I just wanted to say thanks for all the information on Neom

I've also been looking at the best approach. Right now I'm applying for finance roles through their career page It's been two weeks and I haven't heard anything back yet. My guess is the roles have deadlines, and they only respond after closing.
Old Jul 28th 2023, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

FelixC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chookie1
Hi , my first post on here but been reading this thread for weeks , thought I would let you know about my Neom Journey so far.
I work in Qatar and was contacted by a recruiter from Dubai early December 2021 about a potential position , I then had two interviews back to back and heard nothing for five weeks , usual for middle east .
I was offered the position early January 22 and the process began. The background check , Hireright , make sure and give them more information than they need as they don't go looking for it , took them about two / three weeks to complete , I then got call from onboarder at Neom to hand in my notice as I was on 30 days .
I was put in touch with a visa company in London and started the education paperwork attestation, that took weeks , by then I had used my annual leave in my notice period and headed back to Scotland , once the paperwork was attested I had to fly from Glasgow to London for a medical , the visa company arranged the medical for me . I also had to get a police certificate online and send the original to the visa company .
So I should get my visa issued late this week or next , then off to Neom , the accommodation people have been in touch and I know where I am staying , and the Neom onboarder has been very good her name is <snip> . Hopefully I will be in Neom in next couple of weeks .
If I can help anyone with any questions about my experience with the visa process , shout out , cheers
Hey great forum here. Thanks to all the contributors. I will be at NEOM in a few months and will certainly help provide feedback, Can anyone share what HireRight investigates and with whom? One recent employer in particular will not be friendly as we had some remuneration disagreements and they have confidentiality to respect too. Is it just job title and employment dates, or do they go into other details like remuneration levels etc. I have never come across HireRight and so am wondering specifically what they look for? I don't have anything dark or evil to hide, just don't like the invasion of privacy frankly.
Old Jul 29th 2023, 10:10 am
Just Joined

I just wanted to share my experience so far, for those that are curious what's ahead. I was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter who suggested I might fit a number of potential management roles at NEOM. Uplift of 25% over current remuneration, 35% bonus target (on base and not total remuneration), 7% savings plan and 6 weeks paid vacation annually. Zero KSA income taxes. We picked the best position (a senior manager/director role) and I submitted a resume. It was reviewed and green lighted for interviews. First interview was 45min with a group of managers. 2nd interview with the same group for another 60 min. Interview focus was a split between experience, technical skills and management skills. Then further shortlisting and 3rd interview with hiring director. Then a 4th interview with an HR director and finally a 5th interview with the executive director. The recruiter was active getting feedback at every stage and the process took about 6 or 7 weeks to indicate they would like to proceed with me. Next step was submitting an online application complete with Resume and personal details. Then a link to upload various documents (paystubs, degree copy etc.) that will supposedly lead to a formal offer. If I accept, I am told they will initiate onboarding via an agent and conduct a background check in parallel. That process is expected to take another couple of months.

For those who have already been hired, are there any pitfalls I should now be aware of? Will I need references from previous employers or will HireRight contact past employers? What is NEOM focused on in their background checks? Employment history specifics (dates, roles)? Performance references? Remuneration confirmation? Police reports? Medical? Degree attestation? Social Media posts? It would be great to know what microscopes I will be put under?
Old Jul 29th 2023, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FelixC
Hey great forum here. Thanks to all the contributors. I will be at NEOM in a few months and will certainly help provide feedback, Can anyone share what HireRight investigates and with whom? One recent employer in particular will not be friendly as we had some remuneration disagreements and they have confidentiality to respect too. Is it just job title and employment dates, or do they go into other details like remuneration levels etc. I have never come across HireRight and so am wondering specifically what they look for? I don't have anything dark or evil to hide, just don't like the invasion of privacy frankly.
Hi FelixC-
"I don't have any thing dark or evil to hide..." That's what they all say! :-)

My experience was that HireRight merely confirmed that I worked in the companies I list on my CV for the times I listed. They also verified my uni enrollment.
It took about a week or so. If the companies are slow getting back it will take longer.
I haven't heard of anyone having performance references verified. You will need to provide your most recent employment contract or several months of payslips to Neom so that the company can verify your current compensation and make a formal offer.
When you apply for your visa, you will need to provide police report(s), do a medical exam, and have your degree verified. I haven't heard of a formal review of social media but it wouldn't surprise me if you are up for a high profile position.

Hope that helps.
Good luck!

Last edited by BMH77; Jul 29th 2023 at 2:28 pm. Reason: updated to answer both posts
Old Jul 29th 2023, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BMH77
Hi FelixC-

My experience was that HireRight merely confirmed that I worked in the companies I list on my CV for the times I listed. They also verified my uni enrollment.
It took about a week or so. If the companies are slow getting back it will take longer.
I haven't heard of anyone having performance references verified. You will need to provide your most recent employment contract or several months of payslips to Neom so that the company can verify your current compensation and make a formal offer.
When you apply for your visa, you will need to provide police report(s), do a medical exam, and have your degree verified. I haven't heard of a formal review of social media but it wouldn't surprise me if you are up for a high profile position.

Hope that helps.
Good luck!
Hey thanks for that feedback. I have 30 years of experience with many employers. Surely they're not going to try to contact them, although frankly I don't care. The concern I have is with more info to verify comes the chance for holes or discrepancies that slow down the process. Is it the case that one doesn't actually know what HireRight does or doesn't do?
Old Jul 29th 2023, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

Has anyone successfully negotiated anything with NEOM during the contracting phase? For instance bus class vs economy flights, 1 bdrm vs studio apartment, weeks of vacation, health insurance, salary etc.?
Old Jul 30th 2023, 2:03 am
Just Joined

Iamexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FelixC
Has anyone successfully negotiated anything with NEOM during the contracting phase? For instance bus class vs economy flights, 1 bdrm vs studio apartment, weeks of vacation, health insurance, salary etc.?
I tried negotiating number of flights and salary but got denied twice. I asked to be placed in a higher job grade and was also refused.

You don't lose anything by trying though.
Old Jul 30th 2023, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Aschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BMH77
Hi FelixC-

Hope that helps.
Good luck!
On top of the above, I had to provide contact details of a person of my past employers. Additionally, I had to provide PoA for HR to contact my University to confirm validity of my diploma.
what concerns social media, I would not expect it. According to onboarding calls, it applies to Saudi Nationals exclusively.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.