Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM Potential Job

NEOM Potential Job

Old Feb 2nd 2023, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Smart11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Hello, my status on Neom portal is showing “under offer”. Does someone know is that the last stage or there are other stages involved after this?
Old Feb 17th 2023, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

NXCM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I had twice a HR pre-screening interview with Neom in the past 12 months.
Both time the screening was unusual (asking my age, familial situation etc), and they never recontacted me. The second time the interlocutor listed all the benefits but I didn't have something to take notes:
- is it correct that the salary is your current saalry + 25%, whatever if you have 10 years of experience in Romania (and a low salary) or 3 years of experience in NYC (and a high salary) ? How do you cope with not being "fairly" compensated, if people with less experience have a better pay ?
- what are the benefits (I couldn't list them) ? Is accomodation provided for free ?

I read on this forum that the hiring process is slow, sometimes unclear, and that there isn't enough accomodations...
- what is you experience about the good and bad points ? If there's no real HR system or the structure of a usual company, do you still learn reusable skills ? Are things in place to allow you to work efficiently ? (IT systems, support functions, budget etc) How is the social life for single people no coming with a family, how do you socialize if you live in a camp with no city around ? Do people go there to work very intensively, or is there a way to make it a life experience ?

Thank you
Old Feb 19th 2023, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NXCM
Hello,
I had twice a HR pre-screening interview with Neom in the past 12 months.
Both time the screening was unusual (asking my age, familial situation etc), and they never recontacted me. The second time the interlocutor listed all the benefits but I didn't have something to take notes:
- is it correct that the salary is your current saalry + 25%, whatever if you have 10 years of experience in Romania (and a low salary) or 3 years of experience in NYC (and a high salary) ? How do you cope with not being "fairly" compensated, if people with less experience have a better pay ?
- what are the benefits (I couldn't list them) ? Is accomodation provided for free ?

I read on this forum that the hiring process is slow, sometimes unclear, and that there isn't enough accomodations...
- what is you experience about the good and bad points ? If there's no real HR system or the structure of a usual company, do you still learn reusable skills ? Are things in place to allow you to work efficiently ? (IT systems, support functions, budget etc) How is the social life for single people no coming with a family, how do you socialize if you live in a camp with no city around ? Do people go there to work very intensively, or is there a way to make it a life experience ?

Thank you
25% uplift is not guaranteed. It is just a guide.
Its likely they will just match the salary you are currently on, but provide the additional 'NEOM' benefits on top to make the deal sweeter.
Old Mar 14th 2023, 7:01 am
Just Joined

cancerz90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Smart11
Hello, my status on Neom portal is showing “under offer”. Does someone know is that the last stage or there are other stages involved after this?
Facing similar. Any update at your end? My status on Neom portal was showing "under offer" since 31st January 2023. And then again the date changed to under offer "5th March 2023".
Old Mar 14th 2023, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NXCM
Hello,I had twice a HR pre-screening interview with Neom in the past 12 months.Both time the screening was unusual (asking my age, familial situation etc), and they never recontacted me. The second time the interlocutor listed all the benefits but I didn't have something to take notes:- is it correct that the salary is your current saalry + 25%, whatever if you have 10 years of experience in Romania (and a low salary) or 3 years of experience in NYC (and a high salary) ? How do you cope with not being "fairly" compensated, if people with less experience have a better pay ?- what are the benefits (I couldn't list them) ? Is accomodation provided for free ? I read on this forum that the hiring process is slow, sometimes unclear, and that there isn't enough accomodations...- what is you experience about the good and bad points ? If there's no real HR system or the structure of a usual company, do you still learn reusable skills ? Are things in place to allow you to work efficiently ? (IT systems, support functions, budget etc) How is the social life for single people no coming with a family, how do you socialize if you live in a camp with no city around ? Do people go there to work very intensively, or is there a way to make it a life experience ? Thank you
To answer your question about the uplift - it is not guaranteed and more so now. In general, if you had a low salary in Romania, you would have higher chances of getting an uplift, compared to someone coming from a high salary in NYC. One thing to keep in mind is that they offer a tax free salary with a free accommodation and meals - this is already an uplift on its own. With respect to your concern re: experience, the company does not recruit anybody with 3 years of experience from NYC, unless they have a very specific skill set. Also, look at this from the perspective of a professional coming here from North America instead of Romania - this is unfair for North Americans to get a smaller uplift, if any, just because they come from a higher salary. And by the way, the salaries usually reflect the standard of living - it is a lot cheaper to live in Romania than in NYC, hence the lower salaries.

In terms of socializing, there is plenty to do for a single person here - tons of activities on the weekends. It all depends on what attitude you come here with.
Old Mar 14th 2023, 9:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chrisreak
One thing to keep in mind is that they offer a tax free salary with a free accommodation and meals - this is already an uplift on its own.
Not always tax free though. For example the US taxes its citizens and LPR's on worldwide income, so depending on earnings, they may still have to pay tax to the IRS.
Old Mar 15th 2023, 8:42 am
Just Joined

aussieaggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Not always tax free though. For example the US taxes its citizens and LPR's on worldwide income, so depending on earnings, they may still have to pay tax to the IRS.
This is a good point. US people will very likely indeed have tax liabilities and FATCA reporting requirements. I think China also has similar requirements, and Australia does too. Maybe other countries as well.

I think that's the only flaw in a lot of these global projects using UK-based/advised/run HR and recruitment. Tax-free income is not the attractor that it would seem. While I don't know UK tax law, I have dealt with countless recruiters in the ME connected with the UK and they all highlight this, so maybe the UK tax laws are a lot easier for expats.
Old Mar 15th 2023, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aussieaggie
This is a good point. US people will very likely indeed have tax liabilities and FATCA reporting requirements. I think China also has similar requirements, and Australia does too. Maybe other countries as well.

I think that's the only flaw in a lot of these global projects using UK-based/advised/run HR and recruitment. Tax-free income is not the attractor that it would seem. While I don't know UK tax law, I have dealt with countless recruiters in the ME connected with the UK and they all highlight this, so maybe the UK tax laws are a lot easier for expats.

Tax free here for Aussies mate. And all the Brits i work with aren't paying anything back home either...
Tax free income is absolutely the attractor.....
Old Mar 15th 2023, 9:38 am
Just Joined

aussieaggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Tax free here for Aussies mate. And all the Brits i work with aren't paying anything back home either...
Tax free income is absolutely the attractor.....
My understanding from my tax accountant is that it's tax-free once you can prove to the ATO that you've divorced yourself of the country (selling/renting out house, moving family, etc). Not an option for everyone--especially now with NEOM not having enough space for families. That being said, it is probably more cost-effective tax-wise to move the family to Riyadh or Jeddah. And in that case, yes, tax-free is an attractor if your particular circumstances qualify. It's not as cut-and-dried as a LinkedIn posting might pose.

I figured that UK people weren't paying back home...that's my point that so many of the recruiters advertise tax-free--because of their UK connections. It helps that there's also a tax treaty between UK and KSA, and not one between KSA and Australia or the USA for that matter.
Old Mar 19th 2023, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Martinmm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amshauka
This is a very rare case to happen. What I know is that this can happen where for instance you have a diploma and the position you are being hired for usually requires a higher education such as a masters. Or in case your degree is completely different to the position that you are being hired for (for instance you may have a degree in IS but being hired for an accounting role - I believe that's not the case with you) As I read from your comment that you have an accountancy qualification. Unfortunately, qualifications like the ACCA or ACA etc are treated as a diploma whereas they are in fact a masters equivalent. Interestingly a bachelors degree in accountancy would be regarded as a higher level than the ACCA or ACA. I have been through these degree related issues in the past. You can PM me if you want to get more info on this and perhaps share more info on the profession they are giving you for visa processing and what is your educational background.
Hi, I also need help and I am in a similar situation - if you could message me directly that would be a great help
Old Mar 19th 2023, 6:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martinmm
Hi, I also need help and I am in a similar situation - if you could message me directly that would be a great help
amshauka hasn’t been on the forum for a year I’m afraid. You might be better off starting your own thread and seeing if anybody else can help.

HTH.
Old Mar 21st 2023, 2:21 am
Just Joined

Userer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, is it true they have stopped making visas for families of NEOM new hired? Then how can family get there and how soon? Does anyone have updated information please?
Old Mar 21st 2023, 7:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Userer
Hi guys, is it true they have stopped making visas for families of NEOM new hired? Then how can family get there and how soon? Does anyone have updated information please?
I don't think the visas are the issue, it's the accommodation that is, family accommodation isn't going to be available until next year for newcomers as there are already huge waiting lists (and no school places now either). If you search the forums you'll find info - NEOM Job Offer Details

HTH.
Old Mar 23rd 2023, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Jazak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!
I went through the forum but couldn't find answer to the following question. Is anybody aware of any kind of temporary bans on job applications once you have submitted one? For example can you apply for multiple roles or multiple time for the same role? or Neom put a temporary ban on further applications after you apply for one position?
Old Mar 23rd 2023, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jazak
Hi everyone!
I went through the forum but couldn't find answer to the following question. Is anybody aware of any kind of temporary bans on job applications once you have submitted one? For example can you apply for multiple roles or multiple time for the same role? or Neom put a temporary ban on further applications after you apply for one position?
Never heard of anything like this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.