Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM Potential Job

NEOM Potential Job

Old Aug 14th 2023, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by Sam1980
Hi,
I'm pretty sure you can send/upload your pay slips only! Cheers.
That is correct. You will need to share a few months of payslips or you can share your employment contract.
Whichever is easier.
Old Aug 14th 2023, 10:18 am
Just Joined

M2ULR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MomoB1234
I’m keen to hear from people on this as well. I have been contacted by a recruiter before but for a job that wasn’t quite a match to my experience. I’ve applied to some online but that seems like a long shot in the dark 😂

Italent - Keith.R

Originally Posted by huspus
Does NEOM check the bank statements to verify the pay slips. I am a bit hesitant with sending my bank statement as they are confidential documents. Thank you
They only check payslips

Originally Posted by FelixC
Hey great forum here. Thanks to all the contributors. I will be at NEOM in a few months and will certainly help provide feedback, Can anyone share what HireRight investigates and with whom? One recent employer in particular will not be friendly as we had some remuneration disagreements and they have confidentiality to respect too. Is it just job title and employment dates, or do they go into other details like remuneration levels etc. I have never come across HireRight and so am wondering specifically what they look for? I don't have anything dark or evil to hide, just don't like the invasion of privacy frankly.

The previous employment checks ask for the following (I was shown the request by one of my references).

1- Employment dates
2- Position held title
3- Reason for leaving
4- would you re-employ this person
5- If no to the above, why?
6- Name and Title of person giving reference.

They don’t ask for anything else.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 14th 2023 at 6:01 pm. Reason: Posts merged - there’s a multi quote function for responding to multiple people at once.
Old Aug 14th 2023, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

expatalex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sahab123
Dear Sir,

How many days it will take to receive Official Job offer Letter from Neom, Once selected in an interview. I've been waiting for 8 weeks for an offer post successful interview and We had added all my documents like ( passport , payslip, diploma certificate, medical report etc ) in the link of the neom portal on 22 May-2023 but still no any response.
I waited about 4-5 WDs
Old Aug 15th 2023, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

bobdbuilder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Iamexpat
I tried negotiating number of flights and salary but got denied twice..
Keen to understand how did you do that? is it over a phone call? or via email? or did you decline the offer inside system?
Old Aug 15th 2023, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Iamexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobdbuilder
Keen to understand how did you do that? is it over a phone call? or via email? or did you decline the offer inside system?
It was over the phone with my recruiter. Your recruiter acts as a middle person between you and HR, who make the decision. Many have said this, offers given are a "take or leave it" kind of deal. I took it. If you intend on taking the deal but want to negotiate, don't decline the offer.
Old Aug 16th 2023, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobdbuilder
There is no negotiation.
The offer is take it or leave it.
Old Aug 18th 2023, 7:27 am
Just Joined

huspus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam1980
Hi,
I'm pretty sure you can send/upload your pay slips only! Cheers.
Thank you very much
Old Aug 18th 2023, 7:31 am
Just Joined

huspus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

can someone please take me through the degree attestation process. I have total of 3 degrees, one from Uk, one from Canada and from Pakistan.

do I need to attest all the degrees or just the highest/ latest one? Also how to get them attested? Thank you
Old Aug 19th 2023, 9:24 am
Just Joined

M2ULR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
There is no negotiation.
The offer is take it or leave it.
This isn’t entirely true, depending on your personal situation you might wish to negotiate.

I did the above and although it wasn’t a huge sum I managed to get an extra 5,000 SAR a month.
Old Aug 19th 2023, 9:31 am
Just Joined

K1pzen is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everyone, great forum, super detailed and relevant for us!

some quick questions,

seems the bulk of these messages are around direct hire by Neom, are there different living conditions for contractors working in Neom but not directly for Neom?

does anyone have experience /advise of deciding between being a individual contractor or contracting through an umbrella company / Personal Services Company when working for Neom? what things need to be considered?

do all expatriates pay 20% tax at source?

is there a range for Director level roles?

thanks!

Old Aug 19th 2023, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by K1pzen
hello everyone, great forum, super detailed and relevant for us!

some quick questions,

seems the bulk of these messages are around direct hire by Neom, are there different living conditions for contractors working in Neom but not directly for Neom?

does anyone have experience /advise of deciding between being a individual contractor or contracting through an umbrella company / Personal Services Company when working for Neom? what things need to be considered?

do all expatriates pay 20% tax at source?

is there a range for Director level roles?

thanks!
there are different living conditions ranging from hotels, villas, apartments, cabins etc and these could be located anywhere from Tabuk, Sharma, Al Bada or Duba. There are also Neom communities which are mostly for Neom direct employees, but even these have differences of location, size, quality and amenities.

Sorry cant advise on working for external companies, but thousands of people are doing this.

Not sure what you're referring to with 20% tax at source? Saudi doesn't have charge income tax for individuals.
Old Aug 19th 2023, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by huspus
Hello,

can someone please take me through the degree attestation process. I have total of 3 degrees, one from Uk, one from Canada and from Pakistan.

do I need to attest all the degrees or just the highest/ latest one? Also how to get them attested? Thank you
Hello,
Typically, it is the highest degree related to your job. Best advice is to check with you recruiter or onboarder to confirm what will need confirmation.
As for the attestation process, the degree should be attested by the Saudi embassy in the country where the degree was issued.

Good luck!
Old Aug 19th 2023, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Thx HelpfulExpat,

i saw this quoted

Saudi Arabia income tax rates

Saudi Arabia does not impose any personal income tax. However, non-Saudi and non-GCC resident individuals are subject to a flat income tax rate of 20% on their tax-adjusted profit,
Old Aug 19th 2023, 1:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K1pzen
Thx HelpfulExpat,

i saw this quoted

Saudi Arabia income tax rates

Saudi Arabia does not impose any personal income tax. However, non-Saudi and non-GCC resident individuals are subject to a flat income tax rate of 20% on their tax-adjusted profit,
As it says, no personal income tax. The 20% is only relevant to corporate income (profits). Whether you pay any tax at all will depend on your country, but if you’re British then you won’t have to pay income tax as long as you’re not tax resident in the UK.
Old Aug 20th 2023, 7:32 am
Just Joined

thanks Chrstmasompa, the two qualifications are

1/ assumed non UK resident, currently proposed the work can be 50:50 UK:SA for meantime so the 183 day rule may come into play.
2/ an earlier question of mine is what is preferred contracting state in this circumstance, individually employed by agent who then contracts with Neom or Personal Services Umbrella company invoices Agent who then invoices Neom including their margin. in the last scenario my 'company' may be subject to that tax?

I would have thought there was a paid advisory service to help people transition into this environment, ie tax and contracting expertise and support does that exist?

cheers all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.