Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM Potential Job

NEOM Potential Job

Old Jun 26th 2022, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

raf4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Scott78 thanks for your reply. I had a verbal offer from a recruiter. They mentioned only the salary and some vague details of the package. I was asked to upload my documents on the online portal, that i did a few days back.

I’m awaiting the offer i suppose, that will contain all the package details.
Old Jun 26th 2022, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Laguna_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it will. The main ones are a base salary then a housing, transport and mobile allowance as three additional elements. Which will then give you a total take home cash salary.

Old Jun 27th 2022, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by raf4
Scott78 thanks for your reply. I had a verbal offer from a recruiter. They mentioned only the salary and some vague details of the package. I was asked to upload my documents on the online portal, that i did a few days back.

I’m awaiting the offer i suppose, that will contain all the package details.
It won't be long. I've submitted all the documents and within a week I had the offer.

Good luck!
Old Jun 28th 2022, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

ohh_danielson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

So in exciting news, I have an interview next week within the ENOWA Energy Division. Is anyone working there currently or know of it and have any experience of the Division and how it is, or just any general advice?
In regards with the interview... looking at the forum it appears two interviews are the norm before an offer (if everything goes well!)? I presume the first interview will be around 45-60 mins and probably a mixture of screening questions, my skills and experience etc., then the second interview if successful will be more technical orientated.

Thanks guys!
Old Jun 28th 2022, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ohh_danielson
Hi all,

So in exciting news, I have an interview next week within the ENOWA Energy Division. Is anyone working there currently or know of it and have any experience of the Division and how it is, or just any general advice?
In regards with the interview... looking at the forum it appears two interviews are the norm before an offer (if everything goes well!)? I presume the first interview will be around 45-60 mins and probably a mixture of screening questions, my skills and experience etc., then the second interview if successful will be more technical orientated.

Thanks guys!
Interview format sounds about right!
Old Jul 8th 2022, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Laguna_1
how you finding the heat ; my main dilemma at the moment is finding which work clothes are light but suitable for the office from uk stores. What is the dress code; would linen trousers and a super light short sleeve shirt be ok. I’ve asked the onboarder but no luck as of yet
So far what Ive seen in the office is majority of expats wearing light colored formal shirts, with formal pants or jeans/chinos. I think its like with any office environment. Regarding keeping it light/linen, remember that its AC inside the office and you will probably spend most of your day there. Being out in the sun is often to/from the dining hall (walk about 5 mins) and to/from bus and office/home unit (also 5 min). Nothing that requires change in clothing in my opinion. If you can, get an electric scooter as many have bought from Amazon, and you are golden.

Ive seen people wearing polo shirts also, not as common but there are some. Saudis typically either wear traditional thaub, or just dress down with polo shirt/tshirt. I guess theres an acceptance of wearing tshirts for Saudis. Have yet to see an expat wearing that. Not seen anyone wear full on suits, not even the executives.

And I agree with that its better being in NC2 than a hotel, as you get the chance to meet all the new people. Or as someone said "if you don't make friends at NC2 before moving to NC1, you wont make friends at all". And the bus ride isnt bad tbh. Only thing are the timings, afternoon schedule is 17:15, 17:30 and then 18:00, 18:15. Not so granular for being EOWD. And after 18:15 its one an hour..
Old Jul 10th 2022, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Laguna_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, this was super uber helpful. Thank you so much.
Old Jul 11th 2022, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

EllieClementine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Great news! Mine will be going into the nursery when(ever) we get there.
I know this comment is over 18 months ago... But I'd love to know more about the nursery! I have a 10 month old, who'll probably be 18 months by the time our family cabin is ready (yikes!) but hoping for the best!
Old Jul 14th 2022, 5:55 am
Just Joined

ProjectsPete is an unknown quantity at this point

Or as someone said "if you don't make friends at NC2 before moving to NC1, you wont make friends at all".

Anyone reading this shouldn't worry. NC2 is one big transit camp. Its full of Neom employees waiting for a cabin at NC1, agency staff who will never get a cabin at NC1 and even graduate apprentices. The people change all the time.
Old Jul 14th 2022, 6:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by ProjectsPete
Or as someone said "if you don't make friends at NC2 before moving to NC1, you wont make friends at all".

Anyone reading this shouldn't worry. NC2 is one big transit camp. Its full of Neom employees waiting for a cabin at NC1, agency staff who will never get a cabin at NC1 and even graduate apprentices. The people change all the time.
Good news is the turnover is so high you'll not have to wait too long for space to open up.
Old Jul 14th 2022, 9:00 am
Just Joined

thorshammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
Good news is the turnover is so high you'll not have to wait too long for space to open up.
Why is the turnover so high?
Old Jul 14th 2022, 11:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by thorshammer
Why is the turnover so high?
Because they're hiring anyone willing to go to the arse-end of Saudi and live in a camp. So many of the questions on here are from people who've never set foot in the region, let alone Saudi, let alone the middle of nowhere.

People turn up, realise how different it is working in the region, how aggressive client bodies are in this part of the world and are finding out it's light years away from a normal environment. Coming without any experience of that is a culture shock in your working day, then you find out the bloke making your life a misery at work lives in the box next to you.

Don't get me wrong, money can be good, some people love it but it's very common knowledge that at a certain grade and below it's about 9 months, above a certain level it's about 6 months.
Old Jul 14th 2022, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

Because they're hiring anyone willing to go to the arse-end of Saudi and live in a camp. So many of the questions on here are from people who've never set foot in the region, let alone Saudi, let alone the middle of nowhere.

People turn up, realise how different it is working in the region, how aggressive client bodies are in this part of the world and are finding out it's light years away from a normal environment. Coming without any experience of that is a culture shock in your working day, then you find out the bloke making your life a misery at work lives in the box next to you.

Don't get me wrong, money can be good, some people love it but it's very common knowledge that at a certain grade and below it's about 9 months, above a certain level it's about 6 months.
Thanks for sharing! I didn't realize people churned out that quick at 6-9 months, I would assume with the level of pay, folks would stick it out.
Old Jul 15th 2022, 6:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by thorshammer
Thanks for sharing! I didn't realize people churned out that quick at 6-9 months, I would assume with the level of pay, folks would stick it out.
Not trying to put you off, just sharing what the jungle drums beat in the market.

The pay can be excellent and costs are zilch, obviously, so the 'extra' is two fold.
But if you take your kids and wife, how long do you grind that out for? How long until you're ringing other companies and saying you're willing to take a cut to live in Riyadh - I get a lot of these calls btw.

If you can grind out a year on great money then you're laughing, but lets not forget that a few PIF companies are adopting the 'we'll pay you the same as your current + x%' - which should be the biggest indicator of what the environment and work culture will be like.
Old Jul 15th 2022, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Not trying to put you off, just sharing what the jungle drums beat in the market.

The pay can be excellent and costs are zilch, obviously, so the 'extra' is two fold.
But if you take your kids and wife, how long do you grind that out for? How long until you're ringing other companies and saying you're willing to take a cut to live in Riyadh - I get a lot of these calls btw.

If you can grind out a year on great money then you're laughing, but lets not forget that a few PIF companies are adopting the 'we'll pay you the same as your current + x%' - which should be the biggest indicator of what the environment and work culture will be like.
Good point - I'm thinking from a single, in his early professional career standpoint. When you add a family, I can see the constraints add up real quick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.