Reload this Page >

NEOM Potential Job

NEOM Potential Job

Old Mar 10th 2022, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

amshauka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by BenMcD
Sounds like I am probably a little ahead of the process then you are.

Following my interview with the hiring manager, I then had another informal interview 2 days later with the HR guy.
The recruiter (agency) then confirmed to me that they will be making me an offer.
The HR guy got in touch again via email with a link to the role I was applying for. The link took me to the neom career website and more specifically to the JD of the role I was applying for. I applied accordingly then I was sent an email from Neom_People_Team requesting me to upload my passport, certificates and medical form which they sent me.
I was then told by the HR guy that the offer is going for approval and this could take 5-10 days. And its been 3 weeks and I am still waiting to hear back.
I haven't had any interviews with the HR people. Both my interviews were within the department they are hiring for. Its only the agent who informed me that they want to move ahead with the process. So I guess I am yet to hear from someone in HR. Can you tell me more about the HR interview? What is their role if the hiring manager is happy with the candidate.

Last edited by amshauka; Mar 10th 2022 at 2:59 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Laguna_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amshauka
I haven't had any interviews with the HR people. Both my interviews were within the department they are hiring for. Its only the agent who informed me that they want to move ahead with the process. So I guess I am yet to hear from someone in HR. Can you tell me more about the HR interview? What is their role if the hiring manager is happy with the candidate.
i haven’t had an HR interview prior to verbals offer so it maybe you won’t either. From reading above, there is likely an HR chat post acceptance of offer and for some folk a pre HR interview too. My only interaction with HR currently is via email related to pre offer documentation requirements. (Payslips, pre medical etc etc) so you might be ok
Old Mar 14th 2022, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Is it OK to reach out to the hiring manager if there is a recruiter involved. I have never dealt with a recruiter before and I am not sure if reaching out to the hiring manager would be an appropriate move.
The recruiter I am dealing with has an extremely high response time. I don't hear from him for weeks.
what do you guys think?
Old Mar 14th 2022, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

youmeandtheboys is an unknown quantity at this point

Silly question 😳 is The Red Sea development company the same as Neom?
Old Mar 14th 2022, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

peterpipper12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by youmeandtheboys
Nope!
Old Mar 15th 2022, 4:31 am
Just Joined

Alayyat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Laguna_1
Hi all,

Exact same boat here:-

i) been told a few weeks ago that I have been offered the job
ii) waited at least two weeks until the Hr person reached out to me with the portal to set an account and apply for the job officially (as I also went through an agent)
iii) now been waiting a week for the offer to be drawn up and approved internally before I know what it is myself

I share similar concerns as I worry that could the offer be rescinded or withdrawn - I hope not and I have been advised the delays are normal here and not indicative of a likelihood of an offer been withdrawn but I do worry about this.

I also feel my life is on hold and not used to waiting this long to move onto next chapter of career. This doesn’t put me off neom at all but trying to remain patient.

i had my first interview just before Xmas.

gulf - could you pm me too please - I'm interested if you’ve had a similar experience
Same here as well !!!
the wait is worse than waiting for the result of the interview.
it seems that they have an issue approving the Job offer these days as i was reading the above no one had complained from lost job offer waiting period or delay
i was told by my recruiter it would take 2 days
imagine how i feel now waiting 10 days
Old Mar 15th 2022, 11:55 am
Just Joined

BenMcD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alayyat
Same here as well !!!
the wait is worse than waiting for the result of the interview.
it seems that they have an issue approving the Job offer these days as i was reading the above no one had complained from lost job offer waiting period or delay
i was told by my recruiter it would take 2 days
imagine how i feel now waiting 10 days

I feel you, but try not to worry about it. I am waiting 18 days now and still nothing. I was told that the finance roles are taking longer to approve as they need additional approval. What role/team have you applied to? Who are you dealing with at Neom? It maybe that they're on holiday? I think my guy is this week. PM me once you've made 3 posts.
Old Mar 15th 2022, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Alayyat is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel you, but try not to worry about it. I am waiting 18 days now and still nothing. I was told that the finance roles are taking longer to approve as they need additional approval. What role/team have you applied to? Who are you dealing with at Neom? It maybe that they're on holiday? I think my guy is this week. PM me once you've made 3 posts.
😪
Old Mar 16th 2022, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Taurus85 is an unknown quantity at this point

To get paid, one needs to open a bank account in KSA?
If so, how much do you lose in the conversion?
Old Mar 16th 2022, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youmeandtheboys
Not a silly question - they (TRSDC) did merge with or take over Amaala and share senior staff
Old Mar 16th 2022, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Taurus85
To get paid, one needs to open a bank account in KSA?
If so, how much do you lose in the conversion?
Your first paycheck will be paid out to the home/international bank account, as you need your iqama to open a bank account and that wont be ready most probably before you get your first pay.
Not sure what you mean by lose in the conversion? Or are you not getting paid in SAR?
Old Mar 16th 2022, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gulf_European
Your first paycheck will be paid out to the home/international bank account, as you need your iqama to open a bank account and that wont be ready most probably before you get your first pay.
Not sure what you mean by lose in the conversion? Or are you not getting paid in SAR?
Well, I want to transfer the money back home, and I assume I will have to convert from SAR to €/£ in the process.
Old Mar 16th 2022, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I want to transfer the money back home, and I assume I will have to convert from SAR to €/£ in the process.
I guess that depends on what bank you use, no experience of that yet sorry. Currencywise it will be up and down, GBP/SAR is on the higher end right now but that can change.

Funny thing, a couple of weeks ago I saw on LinkedIn that the Executive Director of HR Amin Bukhari, the guy who signs all the offers and contracts, posted about moving on from NEOM to another Saudi project. Strangely I cant find that post now, and he's back to posting about NEOM. My guess is there's something happening at HR right now and senior management, so maybe thats why its taking a bit longer...
Old Mar 16th 2022, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone know how bad is the loss in the exchange rate when you exchange SAR to EUR/GBP?
I am assuming that being Expats, people send money back home to build-up that nest egg.
Old Mar 17th 2022, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Does anyone know how bad is the loss in the exchange rate when you exchange SAR to EUR/GBP?
I am assuming that being Expats, people send money back home to build-up that nest egg.
There is of course a difference between the market rate and the bank rate however the exchange loss is not that significant. It also depends on the intermediary bank charges + the bank charges of the local bank (usually between 45 to 50 SAR per international transaction). What you can do is accumulate bigger amounts and send them together rather than remitting smaller chunks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.