Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM Potential Job

NEOM Potential Job

Old Mar 5th 2022, 12:34 am
  #121  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2022
Posts: 18
Adymaster85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Hello Fellow Expats
Some very good information being shared on this forum, which really helps answer most of the question one would have in mind. I have couple of things which is bothering me and my partner and thats about living at Neom with kids. I have a 3 & a 7 year old daughters and planning to relocate from UK and appreciate if anyone could share how is life there with Kids such as;

Whats is the Neom Community school like?
Are there many families with children staying at Neom and whats your own experience like in settling down with kids?
Is there much to do to keep the kids busy like do they have after school clubs or activities for them?
What do you as a family do during weekends?
what kind of social life you can expect outside of work whilst living in Neom?

Any help or guidance would be a deal breaker here, my wife seems to be just worried way too much .

Kind Regards

Ady
Adymaster85 is offline  
Old Mar 5th 2022, 11:45 am
  #122  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 137
ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by Adymaster85
Hello Fellow Expats
Some very good information being shared on this forum, which really helps answer most of the question one would have in mind. I have couple of things which is bothering me and my partner and thats about living at Neom with kids. I have a 3 & a 7 year old daughters and planning to relocate from UK and appreciate if anyone could share how is life there with Kids such as;

Whats is the Neom Community school like?
Are there many families with children staying at Neom and whats your own experience like in settling down with kids?
Is there much to do to keep the kids busy like do they have after school clubs or activities for them?
What do you as a family do during weekends?
what kind of social life you can expect outside of work whilst living in Neom?

Any help or guidance would be a deal breaker here, my wife seems to be just worried way too much .

Kind Regards

Ady
First thing is, I think you will be separated for a while at the beginning, i.e. you will come and they will join you later. Unless you are very senior and get a cabin in NC2, which is at the moment, even directors arent getting.

I think you also have to get your iqama first, before your wife and daughters can get theirs, which can take some time. You will be coming on a work visit visa, and obtaining your iqama while here, so most of the leg work is done thankfully. People who came on business visas last year are still waiting on their iqama.

I havent seen the school, I have seen some families in NC1 with kids, and a few families in NC2, but mainly with infant children.

I have heard that the school is not up to standard yet, but I dont know from personal experience. There are reports of people taking their kids out of the school, but again, I dont have any personal experience.

Most people here have left their partners and kids at home, and wouldnt bring them here.

Hopefully someone comes along with first hand experience soon. It is a big decision to come here, I couldnt imagine having to make the decision with the added weight of bringing partner and children.




Last edited by ZeroCool_HTP; Mar 5th 2022 at 11:53 am.
ZeroCool_HTP is offline  
Old Mar 6th 2022, 7:18 am
  #123  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2022
Posts: 13
amshauka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Can anyone who is already working in Neom or recently received a job offer can provide details of how the remuneration package is structured. Is there any allowance besides the basic salary + housing + transport, such as foreign service premium? How many tickets are given for travel back to the home country, annually? Is there any other benefits like a savings plan or anything of that sort?
amshauka is offline  
Old Mar 6th 2022, 8:07 am
  #124  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: London
Posts: 160
Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
Most people here have left their partners and kids at home, and wouldnt bring them here.
.
Really? Plenty of spouses and kids here. We wouldn't have considered coming if one of us was left behind. There are various options for people with kids, but there are certainly no shortage of families in the camp.
Trailing_Hubby is offline  
Old Mar 6th 2022, 8:11 am
  #125  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 137
ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
Really? Plenty of spouses and kids here. We wouldn't have considered coming if one of us was left behind. There are various options for people with kids, but there are certainly no shortage of families in the camp.
Only basing it on my experience. In our department, nobody has brought their kids or partners here, and have said they wouldnt. Obviously there are people who have, and those are the kids that are in the school.
ZeroCool_HTP is offline  
Old Mar 6th 2022, 8:57 am
  #126  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2022
Posts: 25
Leela is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
First thing is, I think you will be separated for a while at the beginning, i.e. you will come and they will join you later. Unless you are very senior and get a cabin in NC2, which is at the moment, even directors arent getting.

I think you also have to get your iqama first, before your wife and daughters can get theirs, which can take some time. You will be coming on a work visit visa, and obtaining your iqama while here, so most of the leg work is done thankfully. People who came on business visas last year are still waiting on their iqama.

I havent seen the school, I have seen some families in NC1 with kids, and a few families in NC2, but mainly with infant children.

I have heard that the school is not up to standard yet, but I dont know from personal experience. There are reports of people taking their kids out of the school, but again, I dont have any personal experience.

Most people here have left their partners and kids at home, and wouldnt bring them here.

Hopefully someone comes along with first hand experience soon. It is a big decision to come here, I couldnt imagine having to make the decision with the added weight of bringing partner and children.
What do you mean when you say "Unless you are very senior and get a cabin in NC2, which is at the moment, even directors arent getting."? Where are people living if there's no availability in NC1 and NC2? I was told that Neom is relocating people at NC2 untill there are new cabins in NC1 currently in construction.
Leela is offline  
Old Mar 6th 2022, 9:02 am
  #127  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 137
ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by Leela
What do you mean when you say "Unless you are very senior and get a cabin in NC2, which is at the moment, even directors arent getting."? Where are people living if there's no availability in NC1 and NC2? I was told that Neom is relocating people at NC2 untill there are new cabins in NC1 currently in construction.
Everyone is in NC2 when they come. When i say Cabin, it is like an apartment. The standard that the majority get is just the NC2 room.

Last edited by ZeroCool_HTP; Mar 6th 2022 at 9:11 am.
ZeroCool_HTP is offline  
Old Mar 6th 2022, 3:22 pm
  #128  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2022
Posts: 18
Adymaster85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Hi ZeroCool_HTP appreciate your reply. Its just I am still confused and haven't got much time left to decide. Thinking from family perspective its becoming more difficult to come to the terms.
Adymaster85 is offline  
Old Mar 6th 2022, 3:25 pm
  #129  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2022
Posts: 18
Adymaster85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
Really? Plenty of spouses and kids here. We wouldn't have considered coming if one of us was left behind. There are various options for people with kids, but there are certainly no shortage of families in the camp.
do you know any families personally and how old are their kids? If I had an infant or toddler I would be less worried. My daughter is 7 and seconf one is 3 and both are now school going.
Adymaster85 is offline  
Old Mar 6th 2022, 3:28 pm
  #130  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2022
Posts: 18
Adymaster85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by amshauka
Can anyone who is already working in Neom or recently received a job offer can provide details of how the remuneration package is structured. Is there any allowance besides the basic salary + housing + transport, such as foreign service premium? How many tickets are given for travel back to the home country, annually? Is there any other benefits like a savings plan or anything of that sort?
there is a relocation allowance of 75k SAR on top of what you have already mentioned. As far as I am aware there is one ticket annual for you and your dependents. There is a savings plan (I dont know much about that tbh) + there is also a medical cover provided for you and the dependents
hope this helps.
Adymaster85 is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2022, 2:51 pm
  #131  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2022
Posts: 12
BenMcD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Hi all,
Nice to read all your comments and thank you for sharing, it has been really helpful.
I have a couple of questions which I hope someone here can help me with.

Following a successful interview in February I was made a verbal offer, I went through an Agent so had to do then formally apply via the NEOM website and upload all my documents. I was told that the offer would then go for approval and this can take 5-10 days.
I have been waiting 3 weeks now and have been told that the offer is still pending approval.

Is it normal for it to take this long?
Has anyone had an offer come back NOT approved?

I feel like my life is on pause until this comes through, its quite stressful.

Any comments/help with this regard would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
BenMcD is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2022, 3:01 pm
  #132  
Forum Regular
 
Gulf_European's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 61
Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by BenMcD
Hi all,
Nice to read all your comments and thank you for sharing, it has been really helpful.
I have a couple of questions which I hope someone here can help me with.

Following a successful interview in February I was made a verbal offer, I went through an Agent so had to do then formally apply via the NEOM website and upload all my documents. I was told that the offer would then go for approval and this can take 5-10 days.
I have been waiting 3 weeks now and have been told that the offer is still pending approval.

Is it normal for it to take this long?
Has anyone had an offer come back NOT approved?

I feel like my life is on pause until this comes through, its quite stressful.

Any comments/help with this regard would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
I've PMd you
Gulf_European is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2022, 3:15 pm
  #133  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2022
Posts: 13
amshauka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by BenMcD
Hi all,
Nice to read all your comments and thank you for sharing, it has been really helpful.
I have a couple of questions which I hope someone here can help me with.

Following a successful interview in February I was made a verbal offer, I went through an Agent so had to do then formally apply via the NEOM website and upload all my documents. I was told that the offer would then go for approval and this can take 5-10 days.
I have been waiting 3 weeks now and have been told that the offer is still pending approval.

Is it normal for it to take this long?
Has anyone had an offer come back NOT approved?

I feel like my life is on pause until this comes through, its quite stressful.

Any comments/help with this regard would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
I am in more or less a similar situation. After successful interviews i was told by the agent that Neom wants to go head with the hiring process. Thereafter I haven't heard back from anyone, neither the agent nor HR or the hiring manager.
I am also unaware of the process where they require you to create an account and upload docs etc. Can you share more insight into this. I am guessing from earlier posts that before anything someone should be calling me to get details of my current package and give me a verbal offer. Is that how it is?
amshauka is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2022, 3:30 pm
  #134  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2022
Posts: 12
BenMcD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Sounds like I am probably a little ahead of the process then you are.

Following my interview with the hiring manager, I then had another informal interview 2 days later with the HR guy.
The recruiter (agency) then confirmed to me that they will be making me an offer.
The HR guy got in touch again via email with a link to the role I was applying for. The link took me to the neom career website and more specifically to the JD of the role I was applying for. I applied accordingly then I was sent an email from Neom_People_Team requesting me to upload my passport, certificates and medical form which they sent me.
I was then told by the HR guy that the offer is going for approval and this could take 5-10 days. And its been 3 weeks and I am still waiting to hear back.
BenMcD is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2022, 3:32 pm
  #135  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 53
Laguna_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Hi all,

Exact same boat here:-

i) been told a few weeks ago that I have been offered the job
ii) waited at least two weeks until the Hr person reached out to me with the portal to set an account and apply for the job officially (as I also went through an agent)
iii) now been waiting a week for the offer to be drawn up and approved internally before I know what it is myself

I share similar concerns as I worry that could the offer be rescinded or withdrawn - I hope not and I have been advised the delays are normal here and not indicative of a likelihood of an offer been withdrawn but I do worry about this.

I also feel my life is on hold and not used to waiting this long to move onto next chapter of career. This doesn’t put me off neom at all but trying to remain patient.

i had my first interview just before Xmas.

gulf - could you pm me too please - I'm interested if you’ve had a similar experience
Laguna_1 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.