Reload this Page >

NEOM Potential Job

NEOM Potential Job

Old Feb 10th 2022, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

ayoub110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Hello Guys,

how do you guys apply for these kind of ROles,? i am a Civil Engineer and very much expeirenced in any thing.

but i could not see any opportunity coming accross,

could any one suggest me a good opportunity please

regards

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 10th 2022 at 3:20 pm. Reason: Not a good idea to put personal info on a public forum!
Old Feb 10th 2022, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

Following some interesting discussions on this thread, thanks for everyones input.
Some further questions to those in NEOM already:

- How long did the background check take (did everyone have to be background checked even, or is it only for certain roles?)
- Anyone had background check come back not complete/correct, meaning they couldnt get all the information and in that case - were you able to explain/assist in providing that documentation or was it a hard stop on the recruitment process and being ghosted?
Old Feb 11th 2022, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Leela is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gulf_European
Hey all,

Following some interesting discussions on this thread, thanks for everyones input.

- How long did the background check take (did everyone have to be background checked even, or is it only for certain roles?)
- Anyone had background check come back not complete/correct, meaning they couldnt get all the information and in that case - were you able to explain/assist in providing that documentation or was it a hard stop on the recruitment process and being ghosted?
Those are really good questions. I hope someone has the answer...
Old Feb 11th 2022, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gulf_European
Hey all,

Yes, this happened me. I had to redo the background checks, as their was incomplete information which hireright couldnt verify my last address, so I had to redo them all again.

I would say that if you are that stage, both NEOM and Hireright want you to pass the checks, so anything unusual, maybe best to be upfront and they can help you. They usually request additional information if they cant verify something so its not like they point blank shut it all down.

Checks took around 2 weeks both times. Keep logging into the hireright website to see if they have requsted additional information, as sometimes I didnt get an email or email came a day or 2 later.

Hope this helps!
Old Feb 12th 2022, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
Yes, this happened me. I had to redo the background checks, as their was incomplete information which hireright couldnt verify my last address, so I had to redo them all again.

I would say that if you are that stage, both NEOM and Hireright want you to pass the checks, so anything unusual, maybe best to be upfront and they can help you. They usually request additional information if they cant verify something so its not like they point blank shut it all down.

Checks took around 2 weeks both times. Keep logging into the hireright website to see if they have requsted additional information, as sometimes I didnt get an email or email came a day or 2 later.

Hope this helps!
That is great insight actually, thank you for sharing!
So there is actually one unsual thing, having to do with address too. Deployed by my employer to a different country, so there is a mismatch in countries between residency and employer.
But not sure how to clarify this to NEOM/HireRight. Uploaded all the documents asked of course, it's been about a week. HireRight hasnt requested any additional information.

Funny that you say that you kept logging in to the website, thats actually what I've been doing too everyday for the past week lol
A bit nerve wracking even when you know it should come out all good and clear lol
Old Feb 16th 2022, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

Laguna_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you get on the above?

I had some fabulous news today ; the hiring manager has given the go ahead for me to progress to offer stage now ( I am going through a uk recruiter).

I’ve been told this can take sometime but hopefully an offer by the end of next week (I’ve noted timeliness has been an issue throughout the interview process - not a problem for me but have people had the verbal offer to written offer and salary details relatively swiftly).

I imagine it’ll be the standard base * % which I am fine with - just extremely excited to be on board soon and you all have a new fellow newbie onboard so I’ll provide any insights I can as I go through.

what happens after I get the offer?
Are offers permanent and or 1/2/3.year fixed term contracts?
Anything I can do now to help expediate this degree certification process. What does to is actually mean?
Are there any gyms in NC2?
Does anyone have their own car in NC2 so they can go to gym and back and forth between camps themselves as opposed to relying on buses?
Does FaceTime work in Saudi and WhatsApp calls? Do you manage to call back to the UK?

Some starter questions for you great folks?

Old Feb 16th 2022, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Leela is an unknown quantity at this point

How long does it take from the first time you meet with HR to discuss the recruitment aspects until they answer you with a feedback about the next hiring steps (submitt documentation, etc)?
Old Feb 16th 2022, 10:39 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laguna_1

I had some fabulous news today ; the hiring manager has given the go ahead for me to progress to offer stage now ( I am going through a uk recruiter).

I’ve been told this can take sometime but hopefully an offer by the end of next week (I’ve noted timeliness has been an issue throughout the interview process - not a problem for me but have people had the verbal offer to written offer and salary details relatively swiftly).

I imagine it’ll be the standard base * % which I am fine with - just extremely excited to be on board soon and you all have a new fellow newbie onboard so I’ll provide any insights I can as I go through.

Anything I can do now to help expediate this degree certification process. What does to is actually mean?
Does anyone have their own car in NC2 so they can go to gym and back and forth between camps themselves as opposed to relying on buses?
Does FaceTime work in Saudi and WhatsApp calls? Do you manage to call back to the UK?

You will need to use a VPN to make calls with WhatsApp, although the messaging is fine.

There are plenty of other platforms you can use to make calls
Old Feb 16th 2022, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

what department are you in?

congrats mate!
Old Feb 16th 2022, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

The background check was completed in a week (and a day), never got the results, just saw "completed". But was told by NEOM I passed!

You have 7 days to accept or decline the offer, and once you accept it you will get someone from the onboarding team reaching out and schedule a meeting with you to go through the onboarding steps.
They'll also give you the go ahead to resign from your job (when everything looks OK from their side, background check etc).
Mine was fixed term contract, but others might have gotten permanent positions?

The degree attestation process is not dependant on anything really, so you can get started on it straight away. The question of *how* to do it, I'm still trying to figure that out...
See answers above!

Originally Posted by Leela
How long does it take from the first time you meet with HR to discuss the recruitment aspects until they answer you with a feedback about the next hiring steps (submitt documentation, etc)?
In my case I was approached by external recruiter, and it took 2 weeks from my first meeting with them until I got called for a interview with NEOM. Second interview within a few days, and documentation submission etc was a few days after that again.

Last edited by Gulf_European; Feb 16th 2022 at 7:57 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2022, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Wollongong is an unknown quantity at this point

Its been 3 wks since I accepted the offer, and since , things are like roller-coaster with the onboarding team.
So, its been tedious - comms are sporadic; requests for conf call declined.
Am told an onboarding executive is dealing with about 20 onboarding newbies per month, so they are super busy....

I learnt fees for degree attestation and visa processing have to be paid from my own pocket first, later to be recouped from the relocation allowance.
I found the agents for can be as high as £2-3K , close to a third of the relocation allowance - not including other incidentals like medical exam fees, covid testing, etc.
Is this excessive ?

What are others' experience with onboarding .?
Any advice what can I do for happier and easier onboarding ?
Who else can I reach for help beside the assigned onboarding exec ?

Old Feb 18th 2022, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

What departments are you guys talking about?
They contacted me for an senior architect position, did the first interview and told me they would like a second one, and I’m still waiting (last confirmation was 10 days ago). I have contacted my recruiter and he told me he is also waiting for Neom to schedule the second interview.
Am I being ghosted? 😂😂

Cheers mates!

Last edited by Scott78; Feb 18th 2022 at 2:35 am.
Old Feb 19th 2022, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scott78
What departments are you guys talking about?
They contacted me for an senior architect position, did the first interview and told me they would like a second one, and I’m still waiting (last confirmation was 10 days ago). I have contacted my recruiter and he told me he is also waiting for Neom to schedule the second interview.
Am I being ghosted? 😂😂

Cheers mates!
It's always difficult with these things, I had long silent periods too and then suddenly they're back communicating (not only NEOM but other places too in the region). If they've said that they would like another interview, your best bet is to wait for them to communicate further.
My recruiter was told that they'd like an interview 2 days after CV submisson. But then silent, and it took about 2 weeks before they sent an invite.

For those of you who's been there for more than a year, are annual increases on salary happening? Or is the salary you get in the beginning the one you have for the rest of the contract period?
Old Feb 27th 2022, 11:17 am
Just Joined

ajt1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Thanks for the reply. When you say some people have been getting their Iqama quickly, how quickly is that? Most importantly, what's the food like? Lol
Hi
Just wondering if you are at neom yet and how has your experience been so far. I have a toddler and a 6 year old. We have the opportunity to relocate but worri3d for schooling and kids social life.

Last edited by ajt1; Feb 27th 2022 at 11:52 am.
Old Feb 28th 2022, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wollongong
Its been 3 wks since I accepted the offer, and since , things are like roller-coaster with the onboarding team.
So, its been tedious - comms are sporadic; requests for conf call declined.
Am told an onboarding executive is dealing with about 20 onboarding newbies per month, so they are super busy....

I learnt fees for degree attestation and visa processing have to be paid from my own pocket first, later to be recouped from the relocation allowance.
I found the agents for can be as high as £2-3K , close to a third of the relocation allowance - not including other incidentals like medical exam fees, covid testing, etc.
Is this excessive ?

What are others' experience with onboarding .?
Any advice what can I do for happier and easier onboarding ?
Who else can I reach for help beside the assigned onboarding exec ?
Would be interested in the answer to this too, surely that's a big risk to take if its 2/3k GBP, what happens if the offer is rescinded or doesn't come through, you have just spunked that £ down the drain? Isn't it worthwhile asking them to take the money out of the relocation allowance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.