NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Sep 23rd 2022, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Alex1982klim
Hi Evilbungle,
I was hoping to ask you a few questions regarding your first week at Neom if you don’t mind.
Can I ask from where did you move and how difficult did you find it, meaning the travel to get there?
As a first impression, is it positive? Happy with your choice?
You mentioned that you moved with the family, are you all going to stay at NC2 cabin? Did they say how long will it take to move to NC1?
Thanks! Good luck!
No worries, happy to answer any questions.
I came from London, The travel was easy enough but took about 20 hours because the flights from Riyadh to Neom are not that frequent. But I had an overnight stop in Riyadh and the travel team booked transport at Riyadh and Neom airports so that was easy - unfortunately when I arrived at NC2 they weren't ready for me so had to wander around the compound for a couple of hours but then was all sorted. I have spoken to a couple of people who were put up in an hotel 1 1/2 hours away - so i'm not complaining.
Yes I am happy with my choice in terms of the job and the communities, but the family issue is a big one for me. my family are still in the UK but are keen to come across but I still can't get an answer on when we can move to NC1 - and even then we have been told it will be a 1 bedroom which isn't ideal as our child is nearly a teenager so needs some space of their own. from asking around it seems that 4-6 months has been a usual wait for a 1 bed NC1 unit. Which isn't what we were told early in the process. Hand on heart if I was starting the process now I would have to turn it down, I am excited about the job but it isn't fair on my family.
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Susan floozen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
No worries, happy to answer any questions.
I came from London, The travel was easy enough but took about 20 hours because the flights from Riyadh to Neom are not that frequent. But I had an overnight stop in Riyadh and the travel team booked transport at Riyadh and Neom airports so that was easy - unfortunately when I arrived at NC2 they weren't ready for me so had to wander around the compound for a couple of hours but then was all sorted. I have spoken to a couple of people who were put up in an hotel 1 1/2 hours away - so i'm not complaining.
Yes I am happy with my choice in terms of the job and the communities, but the family issue is a big one for me. my family are still in the UK but are keen to come across but I still can't get an answer on when we can move to NC1 - and even then we have been told it will be a 1 bedroom which isn't ideal as our child is nearly a teenager so needs some space of their own. from asking around it seems that 4-6 months has been a usual wait for a 1 bed NC1 unit. Which isn't what we were told early in the process. Hand on heart if I was starting the process now I would have to turn it down, I am excited about the job but it isn't fair on my family.
That's really interesting to hear. Is it the family situation that would make you turn it down now? I am awaiting an offer but the one big thing that frustrates me is being made promises and then them not being delivered on. I was told my split would be in Riyadh for 3 weeks of the month then 1 week on Camp Then that was changed to 2 weeks on camp 2 in Riyadh then it's changed to, they'll see what happens. I struggle to understand how they think that's acceptable when someone is moving to another country.
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Susan floozen
That's really interesting to hear. Is it the family situation that would make you turn it down now?
100% the only reason. We were told we would get a 2 bed unit which has now become we may get a 1 bed unit in the future. We are still going ahead and my family will move out when we do get a 1 bed unit, but obviously it is a lot to ask my family to leave a 4 bedroom house in our country to move to a 1 bed unit in the desert.

There are people here in NC2 with some kids and partners but there is no way I would put my family through that - the NC2 unit is about half the size of the hotel room I stayed in on the way here. For 1 person it is ok as long as you spend most of your time out, but not really suitable for a family, but I guess they are making it work.
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
100% the only reason. We were told we would get a 2 bed unit which has now become we may get a 1 bed unit in the future. We are still going ahead and my family will move out when we do get a 1 bed unit, but obviously it is a lot to ask my family to leave a 4 bedroom house in our country to move to a 1 bed unit in the desert.

There are people here in NC2 with some kids and partners but there is no way I would put my family through that - the NC2 unit is about half the size of the hotel room I stayed in on the way here. For 1 person it is ok as long as you spend most of your time out, but not really suitable for a family, but I guess they are making it work.
Odd question I know, but is the culture likened to Riyadh where certain clothing must be worn by women?
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Odd question I know, but is the culture likened to Riyadh where certain clothing must be worn by women?
Not at all, obviously it is a place where you are surrounded by your work colleagues so I haven't seen anyone walking around in a bikini or in an offensive t-shirt or anything (Its a workplace not a holiday camp.) and it is still Saudi Arabia so you have to be respectful to their culture but from what I have seen women wear whatever they are comfortable in.
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

I struggle to understand how they think that's acceptable when someone is moving to another country.
I think there is nationwide demand for this particular skillset.
Old Sep 24th 2022, 1:32 am
Just Joined

Kelstra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
I'd rather not be so public with the information. You can DM me.
Bear in mind - the 'spouse program' has a capped salary but to be employed as a Full Time Employee, you're on the same salary scale as everyone else.
Spouse Program employment is for 3 months only. After which the contract can be renewed.
From what I've seen, the spouse program is aimed at those who have been out of work for several years and want to get a foot back in the door, or, do not have the qualifications or experience usually required in a full time role.
I'd assume that a spouse who actually does have all quals+exp from the onset could just apply for a regular FTE job from the vacancy listings on the website.
Hi, Saff I tried to DM you about the salary but it wouldn't let me message you. Are you able to DM me please with the information? I have been visiting my husband there at NEOM a few times so I am interested to know about this as I'm considering moving over there full time in the future with our toddler son.
Old Sep 24th 2022, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Alex1982klim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,
From your experience being at Neom already, do you know if a visitor can work remotely from KSA for a company outside KSA? Are there any restrictions that don’t allow you to do so?
Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2022, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great insight. Thank you. What's the base camp like? Videos on YouTube look ok tbf

Sent you a PM with YouTube videos of both NC1 and 2
Old Sep 25th 2022, 9:07 am
Just Joined

alloush2828 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,
I am in the middle of the attestation and degree legalization process (Germany) and the HRcompany recommended by NEOM, is not actually handlng much. They recieved 1500$ in advance (supposedly 800$ is the fee agreed on with NEOM). I made the Medical tests and paid for all of them, NEOM issued the contract and visa number, while this company located in the Gulf have not done anything. Does this sound reasonable or am being financially taken advantage of? I know that once my degree is attested by my goverment, there will be furthere expenses with the visa application. I have been in the process since the first contact for 7 months now.

I would appreciate any response, as I am beginning to worry.

Last edited by alloush2828; Sep 25th 2022 at 9:17 am.
Old Sep 25th 2022, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alex1982klim
Hello all,
From your experience being at Neom already, do you know if a visitor can work remotely from KSA for a company outside KSA? Are there any restrictions that don’t allow you to do so?
Thanks
I'm not at neom yet, but I work in HR. It depends on the company remote working allowance that they work for. The whole purpose of this is for tax. T
Old Sep 26th 2022, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

RS1429 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with relocating to Neom with small kids in the past few weeks.
My son has been offered a confirmed place at the Neom community school starting in January 2023. We have been told that as long as he has a place in school we will get accomodation in NC1 (1 bed initially whilst we await a 2 bed). Can anyone confirm this?
Old Sep 26th 2022, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

desertsands is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RS1429
Wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with relocating to Neom with small kids in the past few weeks.
My son has been offered a confirmed place at the Neom community school starting in January 2023. We have been told that as long as he has a place in school we will get accomodation in NC1 (1 bed initially whilst we await a 2 bed). Can anyone confirm this?
We are in exactly the same situation. Before I recently signed the school enrollment I asked onboarding to confirm that we would be in NC1, as there is no way that we would move as a family to NC2. They obliged and confirmed that if our daughter is enrolled in the school, then we would definitely be in NC1 (I assume in a 1-bed). We have also requested to be put on the waiting list for a 2-bed.
Old Sep 26th 2022, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

thorshammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the neom's career page offline right now, it directs me to a Microsoft log in address: careers.neom.com
Old Sep 27th 2022, 3:06 am
Just Joined

MyHoax is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thorshammer
Is the neom's career page offline right now, it directs me to a Microsoft log in address: careers.neom.com
It seems they updated the careers page. It works now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.