Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Sep 12th 2022, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

gg4u is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

i wonder, anybody knows how many HR headhunters or agencies are there for this neom ? is thete only one that can recruit or many ?

i raise this question because i d like to know if there s only one door for selection, or are there others.

so one could eventually for different roles or re apply in the future, in case a process does not work this time or i cannot say yes this time.

or are candidates who say no permanently excluded ?
Old Sep 12th 2022, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

gg4u is an unknown quantity at this point

how s working / life balance ?
do people work extra hours ?
do people work from home?
is it hierarchical management or cooperative one?
is there time to develop personal interests (sports or other activities of personal intetests?)
Old Sep 12th 2022, 6:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gg4u
i wonder, anybody knows how many HR headhunters or agencies are there for this neom ? is thete only one that can recruit or many ?

i raise this question because i d like to know if there s only one door for selection, or are there others.

so one could eventually for different roles or re apply in the future, in case a process does not work this time or i cannot say yes this time.

or are candidates who say no permanently excluded ?
Lots of different headhunters, if you say no to one then others will still approach you so don't think it's a one time only offer.

Might be worth grabbing a cuppa and reading this thread, or searching it, as some of your questions about life at NEOM have been discussed already.

Good luck.
Old Sep 12th 2022, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mkm123
i have accepted the offer as I have been told the title is only for rumeneration purpose, officially I can use the Senior manager title.
If you get grade 6, then you will be put in as a manager in the system. The grades are also used for promotion, so you would be promoted from 6 to 7 and still be a manager. Only when you go 7 to 8, you get to the senior manager level. It can happen that your role title is something similar to "senior manager" and you'll do the work of a senior manager, but in the system you will be manager. That can only affect other things also, such as direct reports etc.
Old Sep 12th 2022, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Ukjaybam is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody know where NCV3 is and if people are being put there yet? Direct Neom employees please.

Thanks
Old Sep 12th 2022, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Queen12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Lots of different headhunters, if you say no to one then others will still approach you so don't think it's a one time only offer.

Might be worth grabbing a cuppa and reading this thread, or searching it, as some of your questions about life at NEOM have been discussed already.

Good luck.
would you please mention some of them? Also, if anyone can add ti this...
I think it's a good idea to write down lists of recruiters, so we can halp those who are trying to find a job.
I start first: Barker Langham Recruitment, and they work in heritage, culture, museums, tourism ... etc
Old Sep 13th 2022, 5:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Queen12
would you please mention some of them? Also, if anyone can add ti this...
I think it's a good idea to write down lists of recruiters, so we can halp those who are trying to find a job.
I start first: Barker Langham Recruitment, and they work in heritage, culture, museums, tourism ... etc
It’ll be dependant on job sector and role, so not sure me saying who has contacted my husband would be helpful unless others are also in the energy industry. And they’ve all been headhunter firms only, so won’t have general roles on offer, they’re only going after people for specific skills.

The best thing anybody can do for a role at NEOM is get yourself on Linked In with an up to date profile that says you’re open to work in the ME. They seem to be finding most people that way.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 13th 2022 at 8:53 am.
Old Sep 13th 2022, 8:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
This thread should make NEOM shake with fear about who and what they're recruiting from where.
Old Sep 13th 2022, 11:00 am
Just Joined

CrazyJohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Expat107
Guys, very helpful forum here. Am at final stage to receiving offer from NEOM subject to upload salary evidence. Got 1 major concern here: My earnings are in Euro environment, which obviously today is the worst time for conversion to SAR/USD as the forex rate went down by more than 20% the last weeks, e.g. a 10,000 base in EUR a few months ago was 45,000 SAR but now is not even 37,000. Anybody know how this is treated? Also, once conversion back up, a SAR salary would be much less. Say you accept 37,000 or whatever, which is now 10,000 EUR, but then the EUR rebounces you all of a sudden are left with 8,000 in your home currency.
Or the euro will depreciate another 25% once the energy crisis really starts to bite and you will laugh all the way to the bank with your SAR (=USD) salary...
Old Sep 13th 2022, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

JacquieH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hash
Hi all,

I keep reading about 25% increase from the current salary.

Is that the case If you will be employed directly by NEOM?

What about being employed by Bechtel or AECOM is it the same 25% increase maximum?

Doing so I believe it means the the project is not really interested in bringing bright people or fill any critical skills gap!

It just ridiculous. I mean I can start looking for a job and get a salary that is higher than the one I am currently in then apply for NEOM. But that will take me around 6 months hence saying it is ridiculous.

Maybe that 25% max increase is true for NEOM employee not Bechtel or AECOM?!

thanks
no one forces anyone to take a job at NEOM. If the salary is not right then don’t take it. I think most folk would die for a 25% uplift in current salary!
Old Sep 14th 2022, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Faridafaris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Good people,

Does any one have kids in the British International School in Tabuk? Or in Neom Community School? I am from Australia and my kid will join the school here in February. As I know that the first semester in NEOM starts in Sept. So, I am concerned that my kid will leave the school after a semester or so in Australia and then join a school in the KSA in the middle of their semester..

Also, I don't want to leave my spouse with 2 kids alone here, so I was thinking to take them with me after I got my Iqama. They can live in Tabuk and my kid can join the British School there

Any hints, please

Thank you
Old Sep 15th 2022, 6:59 am
Just Joined

n_aAUH2neom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
I'd rather not be so public with the information. You can DM me.
Bear in mind - the 'spouse program' has a capped salary but to be employed as a Full Time Employee, you're on the same salary scale as everyone else.
Spouse Program employment is for 3 months only. After which the contract can be renewed.
From what I've seen, the spouse program is aimed at those who have been out of work for several years and want to get a foot back in the door, or, do not have the qualifications or experience usually required in a full time role.
I'd assume that a spouse who actually does have all quals+exp from the onset could just apply for a regular FTE job from the vacancy listings on the website.
Thank you for all your excellent tips on family life at Neom.
Would the Spouse support program assist with finding employment for a qualified professional spouse in a relevant field?
How do working parents (spouses) deal with summer vacations? I have been a stay at home mom for a while and looking to return to work once we move to Neom but curious about flexibility with regards to school holidays etc. Are part time/flexible work schedules an option?
Old Sep 15th 2022, 7:08 am
Just Joined

Question Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Anshjo3
We've recently moved from UAE, hope these insights will help you out with your decision to move:
1. My husband has stayed in NC2 for 6 months and has moved to 1 Bedroom cabin in NC1 recently. NC1 expansion is still pretty much a construction site, so realistically speaking, we don't expect to move to 2Br cabin for another 3-4months.
2. NC2 studio is just not viable for family even with 1 kid. We've visited my husband for 2 nights and it's just too cramped for 2 persons. NC2 community is also not designed to have kids. There's no playground and except for the pool, small kids will not have any place to play. Bus shuttle between NC1 and NC2 is about 30mins.
3. New school will open in November. It should allow them to double their current student intake.
4.We've opened a freezone company in Fujairah to keep all our residency. This has helped as we didn't have to close dewa, etisalat and bank accounts while in transition.

Having first hand experience of how the onboarding has worked for us, my personal opinion is to try to confirm the school space for your son (or for his name to be put on waitlist) at the soonest and be prepared to fly in and move with your husband as soon as he's been given 1 bedroom cabin in NC1. It seems that it's easier to get 2 bedroom cabins once the family is physically here. If you manage your expectations, 1 BR will suffice temporarily for family with 2 small kids. The children can stay in school until 5.45 pm (after school care is free) and with cooking, laundry and housekeeping already taken care of, you're all sorted. Keep it light and bring only the necessary stuffs. We're family of 3 and we've only used half of the available cupboards and closets. Amazon.sa is efficient and there's no need to bring a lot of stuffs. Lulu Supermarket is also open in NC1 and they give you option to order from Lulu (Tabuk) online and they will arrange collection the next day.

My husband's onboarding phase took 6 months from first contact. Give or take another 6months to be allocated 1br cabin in NC1, you are looking at about at least year from now until you can move in with your husband. Flydubai flies Dubai-Tabuk several days a week, and this should help with your husband's commute.

There's been few minor hiccups during our journey but I personally believe that onboarding and HR are doing a good job, considering the number of new and ongoing employees' requirements that they have to deal with. Try to be as flexible as you can (e.g. start advising your landlord about closing contract and possible extension if needed, flexible nursery enrolment for your child, de-clutter, sell stuffs etc). Hope these help. Good luck!
Thank you for all these tips!

I have a question regarding laundry - I understand that laundry is taken care of twice a week. Does anyone know how laundry is handled? What about kids clothes? One of my children has skin sensitivities to commercial detergent and so we use special detergent. Would a washing machine be able to be installed in a 2 bed cabin (once it becomes available)? If not, would the laundry service be able to accomodate us providing them with the detergent?
I know these are 'minor' details but important for us.

Thank you !
Old Sep 15th 2022, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Some people buy their own washing machine. There is now a self service laundry where you can wash things yourself.
Old Sep 15th 2022, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
Some people buy their own washing machine. There is now a self service laundry where you can wash things yourself.
Great Thank you for your answer! So I assume there is space somewhere within the cabin. That's great.
Self service laundry is a good option too. Thank you

Also, do NC1 cabins have ovens/stovetop?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.