Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Aug 30th 2022, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Hi

I have an offer to join Neom, background checks have been completed and I’m now applying for a visa. The money is very much an attraction, but I was hoping to hear from those who are on the ground already, as everything through the recruitment process, paints a very rosy picture (not Neom’s fault as every recruiter does that). So some questions,

- what is it really like, warts and all in the camp, but also in the workplace?
- how easy is it for partners to get work?
- is there activity going on in the camp (running, swimming, cycling etc etc)
- how are people best managing their leave, and how often are they getting back to the U.K.?
- what is there to do at weekends and out of work?

Really appreciate anyones comments, as it’s a pretty big decision.
Old Aug 31st 2022, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Alex1982klim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Amazing forum, thanks for all the info!
As JDM5AM said, as it’s a massive decision to join Neom I would definitely appreciate your reply regarding his questions as well.
JDM5AM, have you already got an offer? Which means you have a week to think about it??
Cheers
Old Aug 31st 2022, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

NeomSands is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JDM5AM
Hi

I have an offer to join Neom, background checks have been completed and I’m now applying for a visa. The money is very much an attraction, but I was hoping to hear from those who are on the ground already, as everything through the recruitment process, paints a very rosy picture (not Neom’s fault as every recruiter does that). So some questions,

- how are people best managing their leave, and how often are they getting back to the U.K.?

Originally Posted by Alex1982klim
Hi all,

As JDM5AM said, as it’s a massive decision to join Neom I would definitely appreciate your reply regarding his questions as well.
JDM5AM, have you already got an offer? Which means you have a week to think about it??
Cheers
Hi both, congrats on your offers. I would suggest reading the full forum (doesn't take too long) as all your questions - and lots more useful info - can be found here already.

You may also want to follow @siselarabia on Instagram and check her story highlights... she already lives at NEOM and offers great content to help those moving over.

Good luck!
Old Aug 31st 2022, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply NeomSands, I have already read all 55 pages of comments and I follow the siselarabia on insta! Her posts are great!
Old Aug 31st 2022, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

what is it really like, warts and all in the camp, but also in the workplace?

Its honestly fine, I have spoken to quite a few people who have worked in remote camps around KSA and they call this place paradise. Its a huge place these days, with a lot of departments and so things may vary, but my experience is that its fine place to work, but dont expect everything to be smooth, a lot of things are still being figured out. Remember, its like building a country the size of Belgium and they are starting from the beginning and also doing things that havent necessarily been done before. So you can have a job in NEOM as a school teacher, a water engineer, electrical engineer, telecoms engineer, construction engineer and also be working on projects in Trojena, The Line, Oxagon and many many more, therefore everyones experience may differ.

If your partner has experience in a relevant field, I would be surprised if they couldnt get a job.

Loads of groups, cycling, running, diving, tennis, football, yoga, boot camp, hiking etc

Generally speaking, most people take time when their kids are off back in the UK. So Christmas, Easter, Summer, Halloween etc. Your annual leave and remote working allowance + public holidays provides more than enough time to get back regularly, it all depends how much you want to spend on flights. Flights to Dubai are now daily from Tabuk. The weekly Dubai flight just started from NEOM Bay a few weeks ago, and the London flight will be starting soon, with more destinations to come in the near future so its getting easier, shorter and more manageable to travel.

There is a beach facility now where you can swim, snorkel, sunbathe, whatever you like. Buses go every weekend to the beach and back.

Explore the desert, hang out with friends in the community, go to Tabuk for a drive to the mall for some shopping, or go to Dubai/Cairo for a long weekend, or join most of NEOM people in Aqaba every weekend

Last edited by ZeroCool_HTP; Aug 31st 2022 at 4:56 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2022, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

ZeroCool, thanks for the info! CN I ask how long have you been there? Are you based on NC1 or 2 now? And how long did u spend on NC2 before u moved to NC1? Are all the things you mentioned in your reply the same for both camps?
thanks
Old Aug 31st 2022, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Alex

Yes I have an offer that I’ve accepted. I’ve completed my Hire Right assessment and am now onto the visa process.

I think I’m pretty certain to go through with the role but do want to hear lots of first hand experiences.

Hi all,

Cheers
Old Aug 31st 2022, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

renchesbijo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

A Huge Congratulations @ JDM5AM on the offer'!
May I please ask when you started your process?, considering the long wait after the interviews and verbal offer, in my case I have been on the wait since June.
Old Aug 31st 2022, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Mkm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, any advise on if one is interviewed for senior manager role and at time of offer told one can only be offered manager role due to your current salary. So hiring manager agrees one is skilled for senior manager role but offer given is manager role.
Any advise from anyone
Old Aug 31st 2022, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mkm123
Hi all, any advise on if one is interviewed for senior manager role and at time of offer told one can only be offered manager role due to your current salary. So hiring manager agrees one is skilled for senior manager role but offer given is manager role.
Any advise from anyone
My only advice is that there isnt much you can do about it unfortunately. There are directors employed as managers but doing director roles due to previous salary.

Update: Or take another role in ME on a higher salary and then apply again to NEOM

Last edited by ZeroCool_HTP; Aug 31st 2022 at 7:21 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2022, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool, thanks for the info! CN I ask how long have you been there? Are you based on NC1 or 2 now? And how long did u spend on NC2 before u moved to NC1? Are all the things you mentioned in your reply the same for both camps?
thanks
Here around 7 months now. Spent 4 months in NC2 before moving across to NC1. NC1 is obviously bigger but people partake in all activities regardless of their camp. For example, the volleyball is a big thing here and a good few head across to NC2 to play in the evening time as NC1 doesnt have a volleyball court.
Old Aug 31st 2022, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
My only advice is that there isnt much you can do about it unfortunately. There are directors employed as managers but doing director roles due to previous salary.

Update: Or take another role in ME on a higher salary and then apply again to NEOM
Also, keep in mind that there are caps on every PayScale grade.
I personally tried to negotiate for a higher salary (I did not even get a % uplift, bcuz my previous salary was already pretty high), but the only way to get more would have been to be hired as a contractor, which in my opinion was not worth it. At the end of the day, I just wasted a lot of time in these negotiations, but NEOM was not able to offer anything higher for the grade I was being recruited into...
Old Aug 31st 2022, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hi @renchesbijo

Thanks. I received a written offer about 2 weeks after the final interview. I did have verbal confirmation before that. If you’ve waited since June it is definitely worth following up. I do know that the volume of roles they are appointing to is significant so it may be that that has delayed.

Originally Posted by renchesbijo
A Huge Congratulations @ JDM5AM on the offer'!
May I please ask when you started your process?, considering the long wait after the interviews and verbal offer, in my case I have been on the wait since June.
Old Sep 1st 2022, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Mokhallaff is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone,

Can I apply to the school before I start my Visa process? what is the website of the school so I can have a look and may be start applying. my daughter will go to Grade 1 in Feb 2023 so I'd better apply from now.
Old Sep 1st 2022, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Mkm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone has information on the bands for the various grades at NEOM

Last edited by Mkm123; Sep 1st 2022 at 10:12 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.