Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Sep 15th 2022, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by n_aAUH2neom
Great Thank you for your answer! So I assume there is space somewhere within the cabin. That's great.
Self service laundry is a good option too. Thank you

Also, do NC1 cabins have ovens/stovetop?
Not space specifically but people make it work. Only recently that the self service was opened, so that was the solution originally.

There are hobs. No oven but you can get a table top one from the supermarkets here.
Old Sep 15th 2022, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Susan floozen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, is there anyone on the thread who works out of base camp and the HQ in Riyadh? If so, were you given an accomodation allowance or were you expected to use the relocation fee to support your accommodation costs in Riyadh?
Old Sep 16th 2022, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

GreenBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Greetings All,

Have been reading and honestly there is a wealth of helpful information here about Neom starting from the pre-interview stages all the way to on-boarding/arrival. So, thank you all!!!

I am already in the kingdom (have been for 3 years with the family) and was being approached by recruiters for Neom/Enowa roles. Reading through this forum answered most of my questions. But I am still wondering regarding the below (and would appreciate your view on these):
1. Is the relocation sum still be paid if I am already in the kingdom and just switching employer?
2. Would the family iqama transfer be "seamless" (ie, the family would not have to exit the country and come back again under my new iqama etc.)?
3. Do they offer additional housing allowance (and how much, if yes. 3 dependents) if the family resides off-camp (ie, in Jeddah, Riyadh etc.)?
4. How much is the yearly repat payment (family of 4, Melbourne)
5. Do they pay in SAR or in USD? Do you have options to get paid into your overseas (Oz) account (full or split) directly?
6. That 25%-30% increase of pay: Does it tend to happen regardless of your role at Neom?
7. Are all the conditions identical for a role with Enowa?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Sep 17th 2022, 7:20 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JacquieH
no one forces anyone to take a job at NEOM. If the salary is not right then don’t take it. I think most folk would die for a 25% uplift in current salary!
If your earnings are already tax-free that is doubtful....

There's more to life than just money....

Last edited by nonthaburi; Sep 17th 2022 at 7:46 am.
Old Sep 17th 2022, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GreenBlue
Greetings All,

Have been reading and honestly there is a wealth of helpful information here about Neom starting from the pre-interview stages all the way to on-boarding/arrival. So, thank you all!!!

I am already in the kingdom (have been for 3 years with the family) and was being approached by recruiters for Neom/Enowa roles. Reading through this forum answered most of my questions. But I am still wondering regarding the below (and would appreciate your view on these):
1. Is the relocation sum still be paid if I am already in the kingdom and just switching employer?

No. You're already in KSA. No relocation if you are already in the country.

2. Would the family iqama transfer be "seamless" (ie, the family would not have to exit the country and come back again under my new iqama etc.)?

Should be. Yes.

3. Do they offer additional housing allowance (and how much, if yes. 3 dependents) if the family resides off-camp (ie, in Jeddah, Riyadh etc.)?

No

4. How much is the yearly repat payment (family of 4, Melbourne)

Your base will be KSA as that is where you are being employed from. Theyll provide a sum for you to return to either RUH or JED if that is where you're moving from.

5. Do they pay in SAR or in USD? Do you have options to get paid into your overseas (Oz) account (full or split) directly?

SAR
Only your first pay will go to an offshore account if you do not already have a KSA bank acct. Assuming as you're already in the Kingdom, you already have an account, so the first and ongoing payments will go into that in SAR.

6. That 25%-30% increase of pay: Does it tend to happen regardless of your role at Neom?

No. Not a given.

7. Are all the conditions identical for a role with Enowa?

Yes

Many thanks in advance.

See above
Old Sep 17th 2022, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot Pkingston!

On point # 4: Just to test it out further - If an Australian (or otherwise) national joins Neom say, from Dubai (being on a UAE work visa), would Dubai/UAE be considered as his/her base location, although he/she would have nothing to do with UAE as soon as he/she cancels his/her UAE work visa?
But anyhow, Are you (or anyone on the forum) able to advise roughly how much the yearly repat payment is if the base location is Sydney or Melbourne (family of 4)?

On point # 6: Are you implying that the target Neom role has to have the $ range to accommodate for the uplift?

Cheers.
Old Sep 17th 2022, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chrisreak
Borrowed this from Pkingston:

"Job grades are related to salary - Job titles here mean very little as it is also just based on what your salary is. However, loosely this is what it is:
Grade7 - Manager
Grade 8 - Snr Manager
Grade 9 - Director

I believe the minimum for Grade7 is 60k/mth, with Grade 8 @ 80k and Grade 9 @ 100k
There is no science to it, but that is what i have heard.

EG; You may have been a senior manager elsewhere, but your title here will be based on what your salary is, and your salary here is determinant on what is what where you came from plus the % uplift of 25% - not your previous job title.

Again, generally speaking - Grades 7-9 will all be housed in B Units at NC2 on arrival. There is no difference in waitlists timing or anything. There are no differences in anything offered beside the salary paid."
Hi Mate,
Thanks for your clear information.
What then is the impact of the Neom role that your are coming to? I am assuming the Neom role also has its defined Grade code or does it not?
Is it like this: You get selected for role A, you submit your payslips, they offer you something attractive based on your current salary and so the offered salary dictates which grade you fall under, rather than role A's grade code?

Regards
Old Sep 17th 2022, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Aaant129 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

This thread been really helpful. I wanted to ask about the commute. If i am supposed to work at the port (Oxagon) and live in NC2 at the beginning.

1- how long is the commute from NC2 to Oxagon office? According to google is about 1.5hrs.
2- if the commute is in fact 1.5hrs, do people have hybrid arrangements until they receive housing accomidation at Oxagon camp?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Leon1976
I haven't seen much about Oxagon in this thread.
Most probably/hopefully going to work in the port.
Having my second interview tomorrow, all happens a bit fast within a weeks time from sending my resume to the chat.
And i can't find much about Oxagon, are those different camps from NEOM community?
If anyone could share some experience about Oxagon please, thanks
Hi there, I am in a similar boat, it doesn't seem like there is much information about Oxagon. From what i have been told so far is that the Oxagon camp is different. The housing there seems to be very nice. I was told the housing would be ready between 3-6 months and I have been following up on that because it seems at first I would be staying at NC2 and it is far from Oxagon camp.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Ancilla
Hi all,

currently working in saudi (Riyadh).
my partner has been told he will moving to neom 2 from Riyadh .
my questions
1 . Is he allowed visitors ( ie friends or strictly family ) I mean girlfriend
2. How far is neom air port to the camp
3. any hotels near the camp .

thank you all
It would be very infotmative to get answers to your questions 👍.

I have looked at hotels near the camp but I wasn't able to find anything beyond a website for a resort and it is quite pricy. I do not recall the name unfortunately..

Good luck!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 17th 2022 at 9:55 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2022, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mate,
Thanks for your clear information.
What then is the impact of the Neom role that your are coming to? I am assuming the Neom role also has its defined Grade code or does it not?
Is it like this: You get selected for role A, you submit your payslips, they offer you something attractive based on your current salary and so the offered salary dictates which grade you fall under, rather than role A's grade code?

Regards

Exactly. That is correct.
Old Sep 17th 2022, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aaant129
It would be very infotmative to get answers to your questions 👍.

I have looked at hotels near the camp but I wasn't able to find anything beyond a website for a resort and it is quite pricy. I do not recall the name unfortunately..

Good luck!

Yes, visitors are allowed in NC2. The rooms are small however. But people definitely do have family that come to visit form time to time.

Hotels - yes, there are 2 close to NEOM 1 and 2. Both are usually booked out for consultants and other externals working with NEOM. They are expensive, but choice is limited, so its a pretty captive market that they’re targeting!
Old Sep 17th 2022, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot Pkingston!

On point # 4: Just to test it out further - If an Australian (or otherwise) national joins Neom say, from Dubai (being on a UAE work visa), would Dubai/UAE be considered as his/her base location, although he/she would have nothing to do with UAE as soon as he/she cancels his/her UAE work visa?
But anyhow, Are you (or anyone on the forum) able to advise roughly how much the yearly repat payment is if the base location is Sydney or Melbourne (family of 4)?

On point # 6: Are you implying that the target Neom role has to have the $ range to accommodate for the uplift?

Cheers.
Yes - “Home” is noted as where you currently reside/work/employed from.

Flight allowance to your “Home” is based on the annual average price for that sector, paid to you at the beginning of the year after your first.

The role and/or grade is a function of your salary. Whether they provide the uplift on your current earnings is up to them. Like i said, there is no guarantee to this, and there is little to no negotiation once your offer is provided to you or your headhunter.

Old Sep 17th 2022, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Yes - “Home” is noted as where you currently reside/work/employed from.

Flight allowance to your “Home” is based on the annual average price for that sector, paid to you at the beginning of the year after your first.

The role and/or grade is a function of your salary. Whether they provide the uplift on your current earnings is up to them. Like i said, there is no guarantee to this, and there is little to no negotiation once your offer is provided to you or your headhunter.
That's not correct, based on several colleagues and myself. Your passport decides your base.

For some this might be an issue as they could be citizens of one country but living somewhere else permanently (due to family or other), without being citizen in that country.
Old Sep 17th 2022, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Sure - i stand corrected if this is the case, but i had a conversation with a colleague in the office just last week about this.
Employed in the GCC (foreign passport holder) but deemed as their last place of residence/employment as home base. Not a citizen of this country, but merely it was their last place of residence before NEOM and hence is where their flight allowance returns them to.

But happy to accept if this is incorrect nonetheless.
Old Sep 17th 2022, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Sure - i stand corrected if this is the case, but i had a conversation with a colleague in the office just last week about this.
Employed in the GCC (foreign passport holder) but deemed as their last place of residence/employment as home base. Not a citizen of this country, but merely it was their last place of residence before NEOM and hence is where their flight allowance returns them to.

But happy to accept if this is incorrect nonetheless.
Sounds like your colleague should get a word in with HR about this. Even logically there's no point of having a GCC country as "home" where you have no residency. Unless maybe his/her family is there and they do have residency still?
Old Sep 17th 2022, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gulf_European
Sounds like your colleague should get a word in with HR about this. Even logically there's no point of having a GCC country as "home" where you have no residency. Unless maybe his/her family is there and they do have residency still?
Yeah, for sure. That makes sense completely.
Perhaps they didn’t provide their ‘whole story’? Why use facts to ruin a perfectly good story i suppose was the logic! Haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.