Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Aug 19th 2022, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

TheGman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by AE2022
Hi All - can anyone advise the approximate timescales it took for them to receive a formal offer after HR shared the details verbally? I was told that offer will arrive in my inbox in 2-3 days time... but I am now waiting for a week and a half. My process has been ok so far - my journey from HR initial contact to verbal offer has taken 4 weeks. Thanks.
I got my verbal offer in May and contract in August, I was told that the offer letter would need to be approved by management. I think this and EID holidays were the reason for delay.
Old Aug 19th 2022, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

AE2022 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh wow... now I wonder if the HR mistakenly mentioned 2-3 'days' instead of 2-3 'months' lol. Yes - i was told that mine was sent for approvals. Waiting game is tough...
Old Aug 19th 2022, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

TheGman is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh wow... now I wonder if the HR mistakenly mentioned 2-3 'days' instead of 2-3 'months' lol. Yes - i was told that mine was sent for approvals. Waiting game is tough...
Yep, sit tight. It will happen!
Old Aug 19th 2022, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All - can anyone advise the approximate timescales
I think approximate and average timescales are completely useless when dealing with Neom. My official offer took about 3 days to arrive - but the supporting documents that were promised in 2 weeks to 2 months. Pretty much everyone seems to have had a different experience in terms of timescales.
Old Aug 19th 2022, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Claud123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its EID everyday with onboarding
Old Aug 19th 2022, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Che0201308 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheGman
Hi All, it's a pleasure to be part of this community - lots of great information being shared.

I have accepted an offer letter and will shortly begin my on-boarding process, can anybody please recommend a good visa company based in London to use for the degree attestation etc?

Also, how long can I expect this whole on-boarding process to take being a British citizen and based in London?

Many thanks!
just be mindful that if you have a UK degree certificate you need to get it signed by the saudi cultural attaché in London first, before the saudi Attestation process. Current waiting time for the attaché is between 4 to 5 weeks.

In addition you cannot submit an attaché application until you have received a letter from Neom (stating you will be joining them etc) along with scanned copies of passport and a letter of consent (from you to the attaché) allowing them to contact your university for verification. From my experience, waiting for the letter from Neom (for the attache application) took 4 weeks. So expect a lengthy wait.
Old Aug 19th 2022, 8:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
surely for families with 1 kid you need 2 rooms (1 for Adults, 1 for child) and for families with multiple kids you need 3 rooms (1 for Adults, 1 for Girls and 1 for boys.) - obviously if you have kids that can share you could fit multiple kids in a 2 bed, but it seems strange that 2 bed units are as big as they go.
Exactly what my husband has been telling them, they need to sort this out if they want to attract top talent. They're desperate for him as his skills are very niche, and keep upping the salary and everything else, but he keeps telling them that even if there was a 2 bed available, there's no way we'd move to it with two opposite sex teenagers, plus 2 dogs and a cat. Can you imagine the teens faces when we tell them they'd need to start sharing a room?!? Nope. He's said they need to provide decent accommodation for families and sent them away with a flea in their ear.

I think if you're single or just you and a spouse it's probably a great opportunity though.
Old Aug 20th 2022, 1:49 am
Just Joined

apospark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Exactly what my husband has been telling them, they need to sort this out if they want to attract top talent. They're desperate for him as his skills are very niche, and keep upping the salary and everything else, but he keeps telling them that even if there was a 2 bed available, there's no way we'd move to it with two opposite sex teenagers, plus 2 dogs and a cat. Can you imagine the teens faces when we tell them they'd need to start sharing a room?!? Nope. He's said they need to provide decent accommodation for families and sent them away with a flea in their ear.

I think if you're single or just you and a spouse it's probably a great opportunity though.
So is there actually room to negotiate (assuming niche skills)? I've been verbally told to expect an offer, but I don't think I'd join for a 20-30% increase on my current salary only. Very niche area... so if there's some flexibility I may push for something more.
Old Aug 20th 2022, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

n_aAUH2neom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RS1429
Hi, looking for some advice/guidance..

My husband had accepted an offer to work at Neom and is currently going through the onboarding phase. We are a family of 3 (almost 4 as I’m due any day now) and my son is 3 years old.

We were told that 2 bed accommodation will take 9-12 months to become available, is this accurate? We have already sent off details for my son to be enrolled in school, but weren’t given any info as to if he can join mid way through the academic year or if he has to wait till next year 23/24? We are currently living in the UAE so he is starting FS1 (nursery) in a school here in 2 weeks. I believe the school at NEOM is in NC1, does anyone have any experience with having kids in NC2 and commuting?

Also, my husband will be going over first whilst I stay in the UAE with our 2 kids until accommodation becomes available. Does anyone have any insight as to the process of keeping my husbands bank accounts open in the UAE (I don’t have one here) and also the process of keeping our UAE residency status once my husband gives in his notice to his company here?

Thank you in advance!
Hi, we are in the exact same situation - moving over from the UAE with a 6.5yr and 1.5yr old. We have just been given an option to enroll and have been told that we can enroll starting Jan (our preference).

My husband has also been told - verbally - that NC1 2bed would be about 6 months from now, which matches perfectly.

However, reading other comments about ~18month wait for a 2 bed I am worried that moving over in Jan will not be possible.

Not only this will disrupt the family situation for longer than what we are comfortable with, but also as part of the school enrollment we have to sign the enrollment agreement by which you forfeit your schooling allowance.
So if we end up not having accomodation for the family and have to stay back in UAE, we would be backing out of the school enrollment and hence losing our education allowance..
Is this right or Am I over- complicating things? has anyone had to back out of moving the family there and was able to cancel the school enrollment succesfully? (And reclaim the allowance for use in another school?)

it seems that nc1 2-bed priority list is tied with school enrollment, which is tied to education allowance. But it all comes down to Accomodation availability, so I feel it is not fair that we all have to make serious life decisions without any sort or confirmation of time scales.

Old Aug 20th 2022, 1:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by apospark
So is there actually room to negotiate (assuming niche skills)? I've been verbally told to expect an offer, but I don't think I'd join for a 20-30% increase on my current salary only. Very niche area... so if there's some flexibility I may push for something more.
There is, but my husband would be exec level, I don’t know if that makes a difference?

I would assume it must do, as they simply wouldn’t attract higher level applicants with only a 20% pay rise.

Somebody on (plucking a figure out of thin air as an example) £30k a year that is youngish, with no kids and a 1 bed apartment in the UK is going to be far more likely to move for £36k tax free with all living expenses paid. Somebody with decades of experience on £300k (again, example figure) who has a family and large home in the UK simply isn’t going to move for £360k and a huge downgrade in lifestyle.

So I’m only guessing, but I think once you’re at a certain level the 20-30% rule would have to disappear. And definitely worth negotiating if so.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 20th 2022 at 1:28 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2022, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

ChileScot is an unknown quantity at this point

fwiw I've been told Jan-2024 for earliest two bed & schooling start so I guess that rules it out for me also.

re relocating family to KSA outside of NEOM and for anyone flying back to Riyadh/Jeddah, are they leaving early on a Thursday because I only see 1 flight to each city and it's at 4pm/5pm and arriving back 9pm/10pm on the Saturday. Someone asked earlier in this thread if a Tabuk commute was an option - any thoughts?
Old Aug 20th 2022, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Hash is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Is it true that to get a job with NEOM I should have as a minimum 10 years of experience in my field?

I only have 7 years of experience (based in London-UK).

I had no luck with any of the main contractors (AECOM, Bechtel, Parsons, etc.). Where they all demand 10y + experience even after couple of informal conversations. They admitted that the client (NEOM) wouldn't approve someone with such experience.

Therefore, I think that even if I start applying for jobs directly with NEOM (the client), my application won't be looked at!

How did you guys (who got the job with NEOM) have been hired through a headhunter or via applying through NEOM website?

just wondering and thanks for the help in advance.
Old Aug 21st 2022, 2:52 am
Just Joined

apospark is an unknown quantity at this point

There is, but my husband would be exec level, I don’t know if that makes a difference?

I would assume it must do, as they simply wouldn’t attract higher level applicants with only a 20% pay rise.

Somebody on (plucking a figure out of thin air as an example) £30k a year that is youngish, with no kids and a 1 bed apartment in the UK is going to be far more likely to move for £36k tax free with all living expenses paid. Somebody with decades of experience on £300k (again, example figure) who has a family and large home in the UK simply isn’t going to move for £360k and a huge downgrade in lifestyle.

So I’m only guessing, but I think once you’re at a certain level the 20-30% rule would have to disappear. And definitely worth negotiating if so.
Appreciate the insight! I'm in for a senior role, but I don't think it's quite as high as exec, so probably just the 20-30%. Will see what they come with and how it goes from there... since I might be okay if they take into account some of my stock options (but from what others have said, it may not be considered). Thanks again!
Old Aug 21st 2022, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Nah, no worries. Just wondered if it was someone external. I don't think the wait for the school is that long but I didn't hear about that wait for cabins.
Old Aug 21st 2022, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Somebody on (plucking a figure out of thin air as an example) £30k a year that is youngish, with no kids and a 1 bed apartment in the UK is going to be far more likely to move for £36k tax free with all living expenses paid. Somebody with decades of experience on £300k (again, example figure) who has a family and large home in the UK simply isn’t going to move for £360k and a huge downgrade in lifestyle..
With the tax though that £360k is almost £200k more a year. If that was me I'd stick the family in Riyadh or Jeddah and be back every weekend. Even Dubai or Bahrain would work. Agree you couldn't live in camp with mixed teens, however.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.