NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Mar 4th 2022, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Adymaster85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hello Fellow Expats
Some very good information being shared on this forum, which really helps answer most of the question one would have in mind. I have couple of things which is bothering me and my partner and thats about living at Neom with kids. I have a 3 & a 7 year old daughters and planning to relocate from UK and appreciate if anyone could share how is life there with Kids such as;

Whats is the Neom Community school like?
Are there many families with children staying at Neom and whats your own experience like in settling down with kids?
Is there much to do to keep the kids busy like do they have after school clubs or activities for them?
What do you as a family do during weekends?
what kind of social life you can expect outside of work whilst living in Neom?

Any help or guidance would be a deal breaker here, my wife seems to be just worried way too much .

Kind Regards

Ady
Old Mar 4th 2022, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Manager - Grade 07
60k SAR pm
Sounds about right.
Anyone at other grades willing to share?
Old Mar 5th 2022, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Leela is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Manager - Grade 07
60k SAR pm
​​​​​Neom's offer is "our current monthly salary + 20%-30%", no matter what the position level is, so... How do you get 60k SAR per month if negotiation is not possible?
Old Mar 5th 2022, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leela
​​​​​Neom's offer is "our current monthly salary + 20%-30%", no matter what the position level is, so... How do you get 60k SAR per month if negotiation is not possible?
good point. The salary is not going to be the same for everybody. Southern european would get much less than Aussies or Americans
Old Mar 5th 2022, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Grounded7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scott78
good point. The salary is not going to be the same for everybody. Southern european would get much less than Aussies or Americans
Count British in with Southern Europeans…
Old Mar 5th 2022, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

What dictates your grade is the salary you get. I'm sure there are managers making much less than 60k but then they would be lower grades.
Old Mar 5th 2022, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

amshauka is an unknown quantity at this point

What i heard is that you can negotiate it up to 30% of your current package. If you are asking for something beyond 30% it must be approved by their executive management. However, for that either you are being hired for a very very specialized role or a very senior role. Meanwhile, the issue is what if you current package is below the market average. You might still be at the lower range even after the 30% add on.
Old Mar 6th 2022, 2:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mm23
Hi all, I just received an email from the school advising that they cannot confirm seats for my daughters for Y22/23 yet, in response to my email following up on status. We have been told that we will be contacted in February regarding enrolment.

Can anyone please tell me if you have had similar experience? With visa processes underway and an expected start in April, I am nervous if there may not be a spot in the school...I remember a while ago in November, someone told me that the school is at capacity.
Have you heard more on the accommodation side of things from anyone at Neom or the HR, what will you be getting? anything firm to make you comfortable?
I am exactly in the same situation as you, visa currently in process and expected start date in Mid April. I am yet to hear back from the school team about the available slots for my daughter plus trying to find more details about accommodation. just 50/50 now if I should pull out after getting so far in the process :S
Old Mar 6th 2022, 3:04 am
Just Joined

amshauka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adymaster85
Have you heard more on the accommodation side of things from anyone at Neom or the HR, what will you be getting? anything firm to make you comfortable?
I am exactly in the same situation as you, visa currently in process and expected start date in Mid April. I am yet to hear back from the school team about the available slots for my daughter plus trying to find more details about accommodation. just 50/50 now if I should pull out after getting so far in the process :S
what I have heard from sources in neom is that school as well as NC1 family accommodation is at full capacity. There is a project for a new school building which won't be completed before the start of next school year 22/23. Also there is a long waiting list as well.
anyone who is already in neom can further confirm this.
Old Mar 6th 2022, 3:25 am
Just Joined

Makiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Back to previous conversations, what is about 4,000 SAR/month "family cabins"?
They are same as you describe NC1 cabins?
Why somebody eligible for free cabins in NC1 and then, who need to pay for them?
Somebody knows who is living/purpose of Villas with little pool (for each villa) with sea view? Just marketing or this is real for execs?
Old Mar 6th 2022, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Makiavelli
Somebody knows who is living/purpose of Villas with little pool (for each villa) with sea view? Just marketing or this is real for execs?
From onboarding team I was told that the best cabin/villas are in the Oxagon camp. So very likely that the marketing material of luxurious cabins you've seen are from Oxagon...
What I understand, the living conditions for those working in Neom are still very basic. Coming with family will be a challenge, why leaving them for the first few months might be a better idea than to shift all together. I'll be going without family for the first couple of months at least.
Old Mar 6th 2022, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Makiavelli
Back to previous conversations, what is about 4,000 SAR/month "family cabins"?
They are same as you describe NC1 cabins?
Why somebody eligible for free cabins in NC1 and then, who need to pay for them?
I hv heard if you need 2 bedroom family cabin you hv to pay SAR 4000? this was not mentioned to me before and now the package doesn't sound very attractive anymore 😕
Old Mar 6th 2022, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hv heard if you need 2 bedroom family cabin you hv to pay SAR 4000? this was not mentioned to me before and now the package doesn't sound very attractive anymore 😕
we’ve being told about the SAR 4000 for the family accomodation and that the accomodation is not 100% guaranteed. There is a waiting list (quite long as they said) for the cabins and if we miss this one, it could take a year for the next one.

Last edited by Scott78; Mar 6th 2022 at 10:08 am.
Old Mar 6th 2022, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

That was just the result of their calculations from my pay summaries i submitted from 3 months prior.
Negotiation (from my experience) is non existent. They do the calculations, you either accept or not.
Old Mar 6th 2022, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh, the school applications for the coming school year 22/23 opened in mid feb. Did you put in your application?
We are still waiting for information regarding the application, as we have not heard anything since then. Onboarding had mentioned that it was on a first come, first served basis.
I also believe that the family accommodation is somewhat tied to a school placement. ie - if you have a child in the school, then you are provided with the family cabin? Anyone able to confirm this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.