Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Mar 13th 2022, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

elenash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

I was also wondering when you relocate to NEOM. Do you guys rent your house out straight away or keep it as is for a few months until you definitely know you're ok with a new expat life?

Also does anyone redirect their home mail to NEOM? What is the process?
Old Mar 13th 2022, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

BenMcD is an unknown quantity at this point

Three weeks and counting for the job offer to be approved. Anybody else in the same boat?

The wait is making me very anxious and I am worried that the offer may not be approved, this will be extremely disappointing especially after having to sweat for 3+ weeks.

How long did everyone wait for the offer to get approved? Anyone not have their offer approved?
Old Mar 13th 2022, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

Makiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BenMcD
Three weeks and counting for the job offer to be approved. Anybody else in the same boat?

The wait is making me very anxious and I am worried that the offer may not be approved, this will be extremely disappointing especially after having to sweat for 3+ weeks.

How long did everyone wait for the offer to get approved? Anyone not have their offer approved?
Have you seen your offer, accepted and now waiting for approval?
Or you have never seen and now just waiting for it?
Old Mar 13th 2022, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

BenMcD is an unknown quantity at this point

Never seen, just waiting for it.

I was made a verbal offer, it was very vague. Terms were not discussed just that I have been successful in the interviews and now moving to the offer stage.
I believe the offer gets drafted and circulated internally for approval. Once approved, it gets sent to me and then it is official.
Old Mar 14th 2022, 12:21 am
Just Joined

OlivierAtton is an unknown quantity at this point
Question re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hello, I am also looking for more details regarding accommodation on site. So far, I understand that NC1 is near the offices. NC1 offers different class of accommodation where Class A is for Director and above. But NC2 has only 1 type of accommodation regardless of your level. So all new starters will be offered a "student room" type room on NC2. Is there anyone who has experienced on NC2?
Also, those with family, how did you (or plan to) settle? Are you getting a room at Neom for your family and travel back home? Where will you send your kids to school?
Old Mar 14th 2022, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OlivierAtton
Hello, I am also looking for more details regarding accommodation on site. So far, I understand that NC1 is near the offices. NC1 offers different class of accommodation where Class A is for Director and above. But NC2 has only 1 type of accommodation regardless of your level. So all new starters will be offered a "student room" type room on NC2. Is there anyone who has experienced on NC2?
Also, those with family, how did you (or plan to) settle? Are you getting a room at Neom for your family and travel back home? Where will you send your kids to school?

The school is in NC1. Admissions opened earlier this month and places are very limited.
Old Mar 14th 2022, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
You cant drive inside NC1, if you need to go in, you get around 20 mins max if you have to drop something off, then you have to go back outside to the covered/uncovered parking lots which add another few mins to the walk

Yes, Lumi rentals are based inside our NEOM offices. Can rent daily, or for however long you like.
Fair enough, just the fact that having a car is possible makes me happy
So when you park outside, how far is the walk back the offices? Maybe keep a private electric scooter in the car and make the last stretch on that? hehe 1-2k SAR well spent on that thing if it gives me the freedom!
Old Mar 14th 2022, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by OlivierAtton
Did you watch the video? Walks you around the camp and shows the different accommodation from the outside?
Old Mar 15th 2022, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Tekdxb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BenMcD
Never seen, just waiting for it.

I was made a verbal offer, it was very vague. Terms were not discussed just that I have been successful in the interviews and now moving to the offer stage.
I believe the offer gets drafted and circulated internally for approval. Once approved, it gets sent to me and then it is official.
The offer can take some time as the chief human officer reviews all and needs to sign it. for me it took 3 weeks after a successful interview.
Old Mar 15th 2022, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Hello All,

i would highly appreciate if anyone can upload a quick tour of the cabins in NC1 - family and single cabins, as well as the surroundings to understand where the offices are and the school is.

Also, anyone here who is already in NC1 WITH Family? how's the family-life there and what do the kids do after school and how's the school in general? do they also provide lunch for kids at school? Anyone here with toddlers?

Further, i understand there is a laundry service, but has anyone put their own washing machine into their family cabin in NC1?

thank you in advance!

Old Mar 15th 2022, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alex23
Smooth as it could get. I am in design development.
Yes, they are building new cabins and the expected time moving time from nc2 to NC1 is around 6 months. No matter your seniority, you will be in nc2, the easiest ticket to NC1 is if you bring your family immediately after you get the iqama. Everybody keeps saying that the best cabins are in oxagon, on the sea side, nice design, etc. I will have a ride on one of these weekend to check.
The iqama process is fast, they have a very good relationship w the govt, some of the new joiners got it in 5 days. The Saudis in the HR and not only, are very friendly and helpful replying immediately to your queries unlike the onboarding process which had many hiccups and reminder after reminder.
Regarding nc2 here are plenty of sports facilities, big new indoor gym+ 1 outdoor +1 extra smaller only for women, outdoor activities like football, tennis, volley, basketball, running courses. There is a pool as well.
For me the only problem is the 2 hours commuting as previously mentioned, since March 2020 I’ve been working from home with office presence only when I wanted to, with no one breathing on my shoulder that I am on time at work and questioning themselves if I am doing my job as per their personal standards.
Thanks for your reply. sounds good and i hope i meet you there soon :-)

Old Mar 15th 2022, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Makiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tekdxb
Hello All,

i would highly appreciate if anyone can upload a quick tour of the cabins in NC1 - family and single cabins, as well as the surroundings to understand where the offices are and the school is.

Also, anyone here who is already in NC1 WITH Family? how's the family-life there and what do the kids do after school and how's the school in general? do they also provide lunch for kids at school? Anyone here with toddlers?

Further, i understand there is a laundry service, but has anyone put their own washing machine into their family cabin in NC1?

thank you in advance!
Tekdxb have you got NC1?
Who else approving/signing the offer apart from Chief Human Resource Officer?
Old Mar 15th 2022, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone applying for a design manager role?
Old Mar 18th 2022, 2:50 am
Just Joined

Adymaster85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Has anyone experienced any issue with getting Saudi work visa. I just got to know from my agent in London that Saudi Embassy have not approved my visa because my Job title is higher than my qualification (out of all those things this is what I get to know). Embassy is now asking to get a Letter from NEOM that they are happy to hire me based on my experience, skills and Accountancy qualification. This has created so much stressed when you already have gone pass through all other stages. Would really appreciate if anyone here can share any insight if you have heard anything like this before or know of someone who has to deal with this kind of an issue?

any insight would really help.
Many Thanks
Ady
Old Mar 18th 2022, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Laguna_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Really - we know how picky Neom are in bringing in the right hires so they wouldn’t put you in a post above your experience. What’s ur title as it does seem as I also wonder how much of the ins and outs of the accountancy world someone in the embassy would know.

seems like other than stressing yourself about what could happen, stay strong. Escalate to your contact in neom and get them onto it. They also won’t want to lose u at this late stage although am I right in thinking you’ve fronted all the cash so far hence the worry as u don’t get the neom relocation until month 1 end.

hang in there - stay positive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.