Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Apr 22nd 2022, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

Farhan28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Pkingston
You need to get your IQAMA first. So depends on your long this takes before you can start the process.
Then you need a medical test (to determine blood type etc)
Then you need to pay the official fees (you need a KSA bank account in order to do this)
Then you go to the Driving Registry office and do the paper work and verification of documents.

Its a lot of admin, but i can say that it would probably be done within a month of you moving here if all goes well.
Yes, that is completely normal unfortunately. I flew from sydney and was on the same flight from RUH to NUM. Landed at 10pm, 11pm at NC2, and in the office the following morning at 9am! It is what it is...

Expansion still going - but there is no information on when we move there. It wont happen any time soon, that's for sure... NC2 is fine anyway; its quieter, same facilities and more laid back.. I wouldn't worry.
I guess that's just welcome KSA haha! Do they brief you and let you know where everything is like offices and mess halls etc? Because no doubt will be in a daze after that journey. Thanks for your help
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Farhan28
I guess that's just welcome KSA haha! Do they brief you and let you know where everything is like offices and mess halls etc? Because no doubt will be in a daze after that journey. Thanks for your help

Hahah... You've been through the onboarding process, so you should be well aware that little to no information is provided to you at all! I was told to meet at Office 117 at 0900, and that was it..
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Saudiexplorer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tekdxb
your relocation allowance covers for all this as it’s paid out in full with your first Neom salary. That’s what the forum says and my Neom onboarding team.
Understood but why does the Relocation Guide in that case state as follows:

”The work visa process can take between 4-8 weeks, so best to start straight away! We will help provide you with a local agent, who will make the process smoother. Peace of mind! NEOM will pay for the visa itself and all other costs associated with the visa process are part of your relocation allowance, which is paid once you arrive.”

That suggests the visa costs are NOT part of the relocation allowance. Any thoughts?
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Saudiexplorer

”The work visa process can take between 4-8 weeks, so best to start straight away! We will help provide you with a local agent, who will make the process smoother. Peace of mind! NEOM will pay for the visa itself and all other costs associated with the visa process are part of your relocation allowance, which is paid once you arrive.”

That suggests the visa costs are NOT part of the relocation allowance. Any thoughts?

You pay for everything first/upfront.
The allowance is there to reimburse you (and more) for everything associated with the move once you arrive, in your first pay....

Its not a difficult concept to understand, is it?

Old Apr 23rd 2022, 12:48 am
Just Joined

Farhan28 is an unknown quantity at this point

I get you, but you're getting more than 20k for relocation allowance, consider it free money, paying less than 1% on visa isn't a bad deal, to me anyway.
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 2:36 am
Just Joined

You pay for everything first/upfront.
The allowance is there to reimburse you (and more) for everything associated with the move once you arrive, in your first pay....

Its not a difficult concept to understand, is it?
Thanks, yes it's an easy concept if the Relocation Guide clearly stated that you pay for the visa as well. The way it was drafted suggested Neom pays the visa and you may for the medical, police certificate etc.
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 2:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Farhan28
I get you, but you're getting more than 20k for relocation allowance, consider it free money, paying less than 1% on visa isn't a bad deal, to me anyway.
What do you get on top of the USD 20k (SAR 75k)?
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 3:01 am
Just Joined

Paul, would you suggest bringing pillows with you or do new arrivals get provided with new ones?
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Paul, would you suggest bringing pillows with you or do new arrivals get provided with new ones?
If you have your own pillow that you want to bring, then yes. I brought mine.
The ones in the cabin (new or not) are not great in my opinion. But maybe i am just fussy!?
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

What do you get on top of the USD 20k (SAR 75k)?
Nothing.

You get the relocation allowance and your salary in the first payment. If you arrive after the 14th of any month, then you will have to wait until the end of the following month to receive it..
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

If you have your own pillow that you want to bring, then yes. I brought mine.
The ones in the cabin (new or not) are not great in my opinion. But maybe i am just fussy!?
Thanks!
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

A few additional questions if anyone has a quick answer to any or all of them would be very much appreciated:

1. Is there a charge for a 1-bed cabin in NC1 or NC2?

2. Does anyone know how easy it is to obtain a multi-entry exit permit from NEOM?

3. Do you need a booster shot after 3 or 8 months to go into NEOM offices? Or is it just mandatory for Saudi citizens?

4. Does NEOM check your Tawakkalna app every time you go into the restaurant in NC1 or NC2>

5. Dress code - is dress code for work smart casual? If so, is it acceptable to wear smart white polo shirts rather than formal white long sleeve / short sleeve shirts? Or are suits required for men in the office?

Old Apr 24th 2022, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

A few additional questions if anyone has a quick answer to any or all of them would be very much appreciated:

1. Is there a charge for a 1-bed cabin in NC1 or NC2?
NO

2. Does anyone know how easy it is to obtain a multi-entry exit permit from NEOM?
Easy. Get the Iqama, then the entry/exit visa follows.

3. Do you need a booster shot after 3 or 8 months to go into NEOM offices? Or is it just mandatory for Saudi citizens?
NO.

4. Does NEOM check your Tawakkalna app every time you go into the restaurant in NC1 or NC2>
Never

5. Dress code - is dress code for work smart casual? If so, is it acceptable to wear smart white polo shirts rather than formal white long sleeve / short sleeve shirts? Or are suits required for men in the office?

Casual. Polo and pants are fine. No suits.
SEE ABOVE.
Old Apr 24th 2022, 3:04 am
Just Joined

Tekdxb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All

quick question; to ship stuff from Dubai to Neom. Can anybody recommend a logistics company and how long does it take?

my usual logistics guy can only ship to Riyadh.

would appreciate if somebody can share some of their experience in this regard.

many thanks!
Old Apr 24th 2022, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

CPMB1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm new here, and wanted to ask a few questions.
- Long days were mentioned - are most staff doing 12+ hour days or only certain staff?
- From reading the forums NC1 camp is on / at the offices, and NC2 is a fairly big commute away, correct?
- Is it worth buying a car? Have you used your car for local site seeing or not worth it?
- Is it safe to go camping around NEOM? Only in some places or can you drive / cycle nearby and camp in open spaces?
- Anyone making sidiqque / brown / white on camp? Is it easy to buy?
- Is reaching NEOM from Amman airport and then driving feasible or much longer than via Tabuk airport?
Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.