Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Feb 16th 2023, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

TownPlanner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by AAABritishExpat
Is there a biking culture within Neom Communities? Are there any stores to buy bikes? Are the camp and the surroundings suitable for road biking? I don't mean for commuting but rather for leisure.

I hope you as I'm flying my bike out! I've been told there's a good cycling cohort
Old Feb 16th 2023, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

TownPlanner is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone else find this site to be bloomin awful for navigation and usability or it it just me? Post seem in no apparent order and searching is useless. Does anyone know of any other better Neom community sites?
Old Feb 17th 2023, 7:38 am
Just Joined

norinova is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

Have a job offer at NEOM. Before moving forward just have a few questions. Any input would be great. My wife and 2 y.o plan to join me. My wife and I used to live in the UAE so pretty familiar with the region. More concerned about my wife and kid being comfortable than the work itself. Moving from the USA.

1. How do non-working spouses usually spend their time?
2. How child friendly are the NEOM base camps?
3. Did anyone import their car/golf cart as part of relocation?
4. Is there access to beaches to swim in on any of the NEOM base camps?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 17th 2023, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by norinova
Hi There,

Have a job offer at NEOM. Before moving forward just have a few questions. Any input would be great. My wife and 2 y.o plan to join me. My wife and I used to live in the UAE so pretty familiar with the region. More concerned about my wife and kid being comfortable than the work itself. Moving from the USA.

1. How do non-working spouses usually spend their time?
2. How child friendly are the NEOM base camps?
3. Did anyone import their car/golf cart as part of relocation?
4. Is there access to beaches to swim in on any of the NEOM base camps?

Thanks in advance!
Hello, I am also coming from the USA. Feel free to message me. I am due to start there in beginning of march and in a similar situation with my wife and two kids who are toddlers. I know that the neom community school takes children at the age of 2. Good luck.
Old Feb 17th 2023, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Antony92 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a good road cycling community in both NC1 and NC2, so you will find plenty of people to ride with

HOWEVER - they (Bechtel) have recently decided to ban all cycling on the main construction road which they manage, which links from both camps toward the coast and links up to other good riding routes. This means we are now forced into riding on the main roads, which are both busy and unsafe, so there is a step back in activity for the time being until we get more clarity from Bechtel behind their decision. There was an accident on the road a few weeks ago, but it was purely down to rider error in a group ride (which I was part of) and no vehicles were involved. At the moment we are restricted to riding loops around the logistics park, which is about 10-15km, and not really very inspiring !! We are lobbying Bechtel to allow for access onto the road for a few hours on a Friday when construction traffic is minimal, but this may take some time

By all means bring your bike out with you, but it may also be worthwhile hanging back until we get more clarity on what is happening
Old Feb 17th 2023, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Baghdadeya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Farhan28
Hi all,

It's been a couple of months since anyone has given any update on what's happening at NEOM. can anyone advise?

Anyone know more information on accommodation? I'm heading out there in a few months and NC1 I am told is full but expanding. And NC2 looks like student accommodation back in my uni days. Can anyone advise or send pictures? Ideally I think NC1 is the place to be at?
I’d love some information too, I’m in discussions with HR about an offer and have two young children (18months and 4 months). I’ve been told that there aren’t any places in daycare and there’s only one bedroom accommodation available until mid 2024. I’ve also been told to consider coming single status which simply won’t work for me as a mum! Would love some insight on the daycare facilities and accommodation issues plz
Old Feb 17th 2023, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Useraus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Baghdadeya
I’d love some information too, I’m in discussions with HR about an offer and have two young children (18months and 4 months). I’ve been told that there aren’t any places in daycare and there’s only one bedroom accommodation available until mid 2024. I’ve also been told to consider coming single status which simply won’t work for me as a mum! Would love some insight on the daycare facilities and accommodation issues plz
I’m currently awaiting offer and have 2 kids, 6 and 4. Yet to be told this about family accommodation… could be a deal breaker.

is that at NC1?
Old Feb 17th 2023, 11:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I’d love some information too, I’m in discussions with HR about an offer and have two young children (18months and 4 months). I’ve been told that there aren’t any places in daycare and there’s only one bedroom accommodation available until mid 2024.
At least there are one beds available now, people have been having to stay in hotels hours away! This thread may be useful reading - Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)
Old Feb 18th 2023, 12:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TownPlanner
Does anyone else find this site to be bloomin awful for navigation and usability or it it just me? Post seem in no apparent order and searching is useless. Does anyone know of any other better Neom community sites?
Posts are in chronological order, and not sure why you're not finding the search function effective? Are you just searching the specific NEOM threads for the info you're after? We're trying to keep all NEOM info to a few specific threads for exactly that reason, so that all the info is in one place and easy to find.

Search the thread (use the 'search this thread' function, NOT the 'search this forum' one) for whatever word you want, click the 'show posts' button rather than 'show thread' and you'll be shown all relevant posts. Use it the same way as Google i.e. if you want a particular phrase make sure you put it in quotes etc.

The FAQ page has more info on how to use the search function.

HTH.
Old Feb 18th 2023, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

xandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rcplus
Interesting! Have you check out other roles and start applying again?
Not yet, and I am not sure if there is a placeholder until we reapply following not selected/or out of budget or headcount issues after first CV round/interviews round... anyone have info?
Old Feb 18th 2023, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Useraus
I’m currently awaiting offer and have 2 kids, 6 and 4. Yet to be told this about family accommodation… could be a deal breaker.

is that at NC1?
no idea.. when I got interviewed I was told NC2 and a 2br place which was a shock to me as it is.. now I’m told one bedroom and no daycare!
Old Feb 18th 2023, 2:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TownPlanner
Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Posts are in chronological order, and not sure why you're not finding the search function effective? Are you just searching the specific NEOM threads for the info you're after? We're trying to keep all NEOM info to a few specific threads for exactly that reason, so that all the info is in one place and easy to find.

Search the thread (use the 'search this thread' function, NOT the 'search this forum' one) for whatever word you want, click the 'show posts' button rather than 'show thread' and you'll be shown all relevant posts. Use it the same way as Google i.e. if you want a particular phrase make sure you put it in quotes etc.

The FAQ page has more info on how to use the search function.

HTH.
In addition to the reply from christmasoompa, maybe you don't realise this is not e NEOM community site, Its a worldwide internet forum for Expats (mainly but not exclusively British) and this is one of a few threads about NEOM within our Middle East forum. Can't be that "bloomin awful" as many of us have used it for years
The search function isn't perfect but it does the job!

Re the posts being in a random order - how/what are you viewing? this thread? or "Unread posts" or what? Maybe attach a screenshot so we can see if something is wrong with your settings?

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 18th 2023 at 2:29 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2023, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

no idea.. when I got interviewed I was told NC2 and a 2br place which was a shock to me as it is.. now I’m told one bedroom and no daycare!
NC2 is studio accommodation - Similar to a hotel room. This is where all new starters go when they arrive.

There are no family accommodation cabins available in NC1, and as noted above, wont be ready until 2024 or at best, end of 23. The last batch of homes were released in January, with the next group not even close to starting construction yet.
Old Feb 18th 2023, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pkingston
NC2 is studio accommodation - Similar to a hotel room. This is where all new starters go when they arrive.

There are no family accommodation cabins available in NC1, and as noted above, wont be ready until 2024 or at best, end of 23. The last batch of homes were released in January, with the next group not even close to starting construction yet.
anyone has photos and a floor plan or rough idea of sizes of room, living area and kitchen etc..
Old Feb 18th 2023, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

rcplus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xandy
Not yet, and I am not sure if there is a placeholder until we reapply following not selected/or out of budget or headcount issues after first CV round/interviews round... anyone have info?
Ya! I'm keen to know this. Does anyone have any idea about it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.