Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Who remembers...........

Who remembers...........

Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who remembers...........

Originally Posted by Edna Bucket
Radio Caroline
radio Luxernburg 201 on the long wave i think
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Peter Pervis doing Val Singleton whilst John Oaks watched saying "get down Shep"
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

bzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gremmie
radio Luxernburg 201 on the long wave i think
Wasn't that 208 on the medium wave
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

bzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to all

Peter Pervis doing Val Singleton whilst John Oaks watched saying "get down Shep"
but she always had sticky back plastic in hand
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bzriddell
Wasn't that 208 on the medium wave
Hmmm could be
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:05 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Talking of steam trains, I remember when they only had first class and third class carriages.
Christ! I remember going to Scotland on the Flying Scotsman. The real one.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:11 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Talking of steam trains, I remember when they only had first class and third class carriages.
Third class carriages the ones with no corridor just compartments.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:55 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Van Doonican, Lonnie Donergan, Frank Ifield, Morcambe & Wise, Tony Hancock, Ruby Murray (I don't think the one on this site). The real one drank herself to death, Come Dancing, the early Shirley Bassey, Harry Secombe, The Goon Show and God knows how many others.

The B button on the phonebox was to get your money back if there was no reply or a busy signal. If someone answered you pressed the A button co connect.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Do you or me really want to do this?

I remember gas street lights. A man came along just before dusk. He wore a uniform and had a long pole with a brass gizmo at one end. One part of the gizmo had a flame and the other a hook device. He inserted the pole into a glass trapdoor in the lamp, with the hook device switched on the gas and with the flame lit it.
At dawn he came back and reversed the procedure. (The Old Lamplighter of Long, Long Ago).

There's lots more but I'll try to contain myself.

Wow - so old, but you manged to figure out a computer keyboard.

That's impressive grandad!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bzriddell
Do you remember meat pies and bovril at football matches...and standing in the Stretford End....oooh that takes me back
"Into the Kippax we will go, With a bottle and a brick, And an aggro stick, We are the Stretford Enders! We are the Stretford Enders!"

I remember the rotating power cuts of the seventies. Doing homework by candle-light! Thanks Mr. Heath!

Last edited by triumphguy; Jan 28th 2009 at 8:09 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:08 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Third class carriages the ones with no corridor just compartments.
Well of course I never actually saw the inside of a 3rd class carriage.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

I remember Peter Purves telling off viewers who wrote in to complain about John Noakes' Yorkshire accent.

Yeah - one for the Northern kids. Bloody southerners!:curse:
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:14 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by triumphguy
I remember Peter Purves telling off viewers who wrote in to complain about John Noakes' Yorkshire accent.

Yeah - one for the Northern kids. Bloody southerners!:curse:
I remember when Shep died
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

i remember when i thought the Banana Splits was a great show,,and that the cool bugies they drove in the closing credits
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
When I was a kid my Granny's house only had the outside toilet I remember being scrared stiff if I had to use it at night there wasn't even a light in it and you were lucky if she actually had real toilet paper instead of newspaper
I bet it wasn't a long drop tippler?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.