Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Who remembers...........

Who remembers...........

Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:23 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who remembers...........

This is for people to remember things from days of old. Or for those who prefer to keep their age secret, what their parents remember.

Who remembers the little white dot on the TV when it was turned off?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who remembers...........

My husband says he used to put a tiny bit of blue tack in the centre of the screen so that if he heard his mum coming up to check on him late at night he could turn the TV off quickly and she wouldn't be able to tell from the dot that he had been watching
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:30 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
This is for people to remember things from days of old. Or for those who prefer to keep their age secret, what their parents remember.

I remember it....
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

bzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to all

and before the dot was the National Anthem
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:32 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bzriddell
and before the dot was the National Anthem
We never watched that bit
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

bzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to all

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
We never watched that bit
Shame
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:35 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by bzriddell
Shame
No shame...we just hated the TV finishing.....
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:35 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Do you or me really want to do this?

I remember gas street lights. A man came along just before dusk. He wore a uniform and had a long pole with a brass gizmo at one end. One part of the gizmo had a flame and the other a hook device. He inserted the pole into a glass trapdoor in the lamp, with the hook device switched on the gas and with the flame lit it.
At dawn he came back and reversed the procedure. (The Old Lamplighter of Long, Long Ago).

There's lots more but I'll try to contain myself.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:36 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Do you or me really want to do this?

I remember gas street lights. A man came along just before dusk. He wore a uniform and had a long pole with a brass gizmo at one end. One part of the gizmo had a flame and the other a hook device. He inserted the pole into a glass trapdoor in the lamp, with the hook device switched on the gas and with the flame lit it.
At dawn he came back and reversed the procedure. (The Old Lamplighter of Long, Long Ago).

There's lots more but I'll try to contain myself.
Thats fantastic...
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

How about 50p meters for the electricity? I remember when I was a little kid my mum sending me to the shop with a handful of coppers to get a 50p coin so we could get the electric back on.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:41 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

I can remember when Pontious was a pilot
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:42 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
How about 50p meters for the electricity? I remember when I was a little kid my mum sending me to the shop with a handful of coppers to get a 50p coin so we could get the electric back on.
I remember a friend from school having a TV with a slot for 50p coins....they had to pay to watch the box
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
I remember a friend from school having a TV with a slot for 50p coins....they had to pay to watch the box
I remember a shilling gas slot meter
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Edna Bucket
I can remember when Pontious was a pilot
Which airline?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:50 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I do, I do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.