Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Dec 16th 2019, 1:22 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
is it really Christmas if it’s that easy?
It took a few minutes to find the connecting plugs among the branches if it's any consolation.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
There's your Christmas miracle right there!

The Fourteen Miracles
(not counting when it was new)
An intriguing title for a book or movie.

Old Dec 16th 2019, 3:05 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 16th 2019, 5:22 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Is that really your reg number?
Old Dec 16th 2019, 6:04 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Is that really your reg number?
As if. That probably wouldn't stay on my van one night.

Last edited by caretaker; Dec 16th 2019 at 6:06 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 7:18 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 16th 2019, 10:39 pm
Tea Drinker

Turns out the bird in the video is singer Ellie Goulding. Small world.

https://news.sky.com/story/ellie-gou...lorry-11888548
Old Dec 16th 2019, 11:31 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Someone has a brilliant sense of humour, love it!
Old Dec 16th 2019, 11:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It took a few minutes to find the connecting plugs among the branches if it's any consolation.

The Fourteen Miracles
(not counting when it was new)
An intriguing title for a book or movie.
Ah that's why then, they're from a time when things were built to last. I know that sounds very 'in my day..' but in my experience it's true!

ps I agree about the title, probably best for a book though. Fourteen Miracles would be a hell of a long movie.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 12:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

A contestant on the price is right won a trip to Prince George, BC, the news report is mildly amusing.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/the-price-is-r...st7RxAXlE9LBjg
Old Dec 18th 2019, 2:15 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
A contestant on the price is right won a trip to Prince George, BC, the news report is mildly amusing.

I'll put my hand up to not knowing where Prince George was, but that's to be expected I just had a quick Google, I wouldn't knock back an all expenses paid trip to there (or anywhere!). The reactions from the locals were funny though.

Entirely different topic - did you get your washing machine fixed?
Old Dec 18th 2019, 5:24 am
Stand-up Philosopher

I think having a hotel there called The Prestige Treasure Cove Hotel is funny. Maybe they couldn't afford to give away a stay at Chateau Lake Louise. My only memory of Prince George is passing through on holidays with my parents when I was maybe 13 or 14 and stopping for a picnic lunch beside a bridge (any place with a picnic table was fair game). I didn't catch any fish in the river, which was wide, fast, and full of grey rocks. That's it, one picture.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 5:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Not yet. The developer we rent from sent a repair tech, but the part he needs they don't have in stock so it's been ordered, upside the developer is discounting January rent $100 to cover the costs of having to pay to do laundry which is fair in my view so its not the end of the world, and it wont cost us $100 to do laundry..

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'll put my hand up to not knowing where Prince George was, but that's to be expected I just had a quick Google, I wouldn't knock back an all expenses paid trip to there (or anywhere!). The reactions from the locals were funny though.

Entirely different topic - did you get your washing machine fixed?
I've never been, but the report was amusing with the locals, I can't say if the city is good, bad or eh, but it's probably in between eh and bad, I can't say it's top of the list of places I would pay to go, but would go on a free trip no issues, did once look into moving there, rent was cheaper but quality of rentals was rather poor.

Originally Posted by caretaker
I think having a hotel there called The Prestige Treasure Cove Hotel is funny. Maybe they couldn't afford to give away a stay at Chateau Lake Louise. My only memory of Prince George is passing through on holidays with my parents when I was maybe 13 or 14 and stopping for a picnic lunch beside a bridge (any place with a picnic table was fair game). I didn't catch any fish in the river, which was wide, fast, and full of grey rocks. That's it, one picture.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 5:49 am
Stand-up Philosopher

We were on our way to Dawson Creek, pulling a rented tent trailer with our new Chev Biscayne. I can remember what the campground in Dawson Creek looked like, and setting the camper up there, and this sign, which was the big tourist attraction.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 7:43 pm
Tea Drinker

What an awful prize.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 10:20 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
What an awful prize.
Second prize was two weeks....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.