Old Jul 1st 2019, 6:32 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by scilly
Arthritis struck in my mid-40s
Originally Posted by jsmth321
Started a little before 40 for me
By decades I did mean child to teens/twenties to prime years of 30/40's to , well, over the hill a bit but anyway - Rats. Painful. My Mum's rheumatoid kicked in when she was still young and under 40.

I actually quite love the idea of covering your camp stuff/vehicle with a secondary skin of some sort. Makes such great sense.

I was once camping at the base of Mont Blanc on the outskirts of Chamonix. Drove down over a day and a bit and slept in the car somewhere mid-way. Flipping great huge amount of sudden torrential freezy rain came down and we were all digging trenches around our pitches in a bid for something, anything to stay sort of dry. Mentals looking back but good fun.
Old Jul 1st 2019, 7:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say my prime years was the first 30, things started to go south a bit in 30's, genetics gotta love the lottery of genes that lead us through life, some get the good ones, others get the bad ones......

Originally Posted by BEVS
By decades I did mean child to teens/twenties to prime years of 30/40's to , well, over the hill a bit but anyway - Rats. Painful. My Mum's rheumatoid kicked in when she was still young and under 40.

I actually quite love the idea of covering your camp stuff/vehicle with a secondary skin of some sort. Makes such great sense.

I was once camping at the base of Mont Blanc on the outskirts of Chamonix. Drove down over a day and a bit and slept in the car somewhere mid-way. Flipping great huge amount of sudden torrential freezy rain came down and we were all digging trenches around our pitches in a bid for something, anything to stay sort of dry. Mentals looking back but good fun.
Old Jul 1st 2019, 11:44 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I think it would probably just blow away here...it’s a wonder that nobody has opened a Centre Parcs type resort here...unless the Dome would blow away too We went to a number of these in Europe and they were great.
Old Jul 1st 2019, 1:17 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I think it would probably just blow away here...it’s a wonder that nobody has opened a Centre Parcs type resort here...unless the Dome would blow away too We went to a number of these in Europe and they were great.

Old Jul 1st 2019, 8:21 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone here into downhill mountain biking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDUx...ature=youtu.be
Old Jul 1st 2019, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone use home air filter units like this?

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/hon...ar-/1000727632

Trying to decide if its worth getting one. Since April, I have had sore/burning throat, feels like something is stuck in my throat, coughing fits. Have seen the doctor 3 times and each time she says allergies, tried OTC medications and RX medications and so far none have helped.

We live on one of the busiest streets in Vancouver, and while I dust and clean daily the black soot that settles on everything comes back pretty quickly. Closing the windows this time of year isn't an option since its too warm outside, and the apartment stays hot even with the windows open.

Was thinking something like this might help, but reviews online seem very mixed so not sure if its worth spending the money, I need a larger one since the smaller ones all seem rated up to 150-170sq feet and the living room where I spend 90% of my time is larger then that, closer to 300 sq feet.

Old Jul 1st 2019, 9:04 pm
`

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
genetics gotta love the lottery of genes that lead us through life, some get the good ones, others get the bad ones......
Sorry J. I don't quite know how to read this. Are you saying my Mum had bad genes? If so then I can absolutely state that this was not at all , despite all she endured throughout her life, how she saw herself or how she lived her life.

Old Jul 1st 2019, 9:06 pm
`

Originally Posted by MillieF

Mega windy eh?

I always wanted to try out a Centre Parcs for a weekend or so. Looked such fun.

Old Jul 1st 2019, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

Sorry J. I don't quite know how to read this. Are you saying my Mum had bad genes? If so then I can absolutely state that this was not at all , despite all she endured throughout her life, how she saw herself or how she lived her life.
In general, genes we get that may cause disease in us is a random lottery of sorts, not your mom specifically.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 1st 2019 at 9:17 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2019, 9:20 pm
`

In general, genes we get that may cause disease in us is a random lottery of sorts, not your mom specifically.
Ah. OK. Thanks. I read it wrong.
Yup. We all get a good mix of genes.

Old Jul 1st 2019, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

Ah. OK. Thanks. I read it wrong.
Yup. We all get a good mix of genes.
It's probably me, I don't write things very clearly and might make sense to me but not to others.
Old Jul 1st 2019, 9:32 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

My friend's family are all diabetics, and it causes them much inconvenience and discomfort; one of them may be facing an amputation. My immediate family has no diabetics, but our family history has several common problems that imply a genetic disposition. What I found hilarious was a commonality within my family from Russia (now Ukraine). Every one of the men over the age of about 25 in the photographs that we have from the old country has a lump of scar tissue similar to the one that I have on my upper lip. Because they were ethnic Prussians I consider it a sort of duelling scar. That is from getting punched in the face really hard, because you know in your heart that you are right.
Old Jul 1st 2019, 9:40 pm
`

It's probably me, I don't write things very clearly and might make sense to me but not to others.
Actually, that is not true. I simply read it in context of my post about my Mum. I should have read properly.

Old Jul 1st 2019, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

Did you get into bar fights to get those marks?

Most of the literature for mental health show some link between genetics and being pre-disposed to a mental illness, and based on my family history, I would certainly say genetics play some role, my dad has psoriasis as did my grandfather, and as do I, so certainly seems genetic there, although my dad didn't get arthritis as young he was in his late 50's where I was in my late 30's when it hit. I deal with the outbreaks though, I don't feel the risk of the medications outweigh the benefits, and if people can't accept that yes I have weird looking skin sometimes that is their problem not mine.

Originally Posted by caretaker
My friend's family are all diabetics, and it causes them much inconvenience and discomfort; one of them may be facing an amputation. My immediate family has no diabetics, but our family history has several common problems that imply a genetic disposition. What I found hilarious was a commonality within my family from Russia (now Ukraine). Every one of the men over the age of about 25 in the photographs that we have from the old country has a lump of scar tissue similar to the one that I have on my upper lip. Because they were ethnic Prussians I consider it a sort of duelling scar. That is from getting punched in the face really hard, because you know in your heart that you are right.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 1st 2019 at 9:52 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2019, 10:12 pm
Account Closed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.