PM Boris

Old Dec 5th 2019, 12:05 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM Boris

I am still, on occasion, paid to write machine code, 47F0 C1ED, yadda, yadda. Typically the source code has been lost. To my mind computer software has two pertinent features;

1. it's insufferably dull, there's money in it but knowing about it has the conversational value of knowing the points settings for various brands of distributors.

2. it has **** all to do Alexander Boris de pfeffel Johnson.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:35 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
"Nobody needs more than 640 Kb RAM" - Bill Gates
And here's me humming and hawing over whether it'd be a waste of money to upgrade to 16 GB of RAM. Oh how the turntables.

My first computer only had 16K
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:40 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
And here's me humming and hawing over whether it'd be a waste of money to upgrade to 16 GB of RAM. Oh how the turntables.

My first computer only had 16K
I think my first lap top I was humming and hawing over 80MB HD or a 'future proof' 120MB
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:46 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I think my first lap top I was humming and hawing over 80MB HD or a 'future proof' 120MB
I think I have just about half filled a 1 TB hard drive on my current PC. Games are bloody huge these days.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 2:42 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I think I have just about half filled a 1 TB hard drive on my current PC. Games are bloody huge these days.
No s---. Even some phone apps are a few hundred MB on the update. My current phone is 32GB and, as usual, over 90% full all the time, and I don't even have games in it. Photos in the cloud. I seem to always buy mid-level capacity (phones) and I guess I should buy full capacity for the version.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 3:06 pm
I have a comma problem

No s---. Even some phone apps are a few hundred MB on the update. My current phone is 32GB and, as usual, over 90% full all the time, and I don't even have games in it. Photos in the cloud. I seem to always buy mid-level capacity (phones) and I guess I should buy full capacity for the version.
If you phone is expandable, you can get a 256 MB micro SD card for around $40.00 these days.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 3:09 pm
Yo

If you phone is expandable, you can get a 256 MB micro SD card for around $40.00 these days.
I had one in the past and it never seemed to work for some reason (different phone). Maybe I should look into it again. But aren't even the micro SD in GB these days?
Old Dec 5th 2019, 3:23 pm
I have a comma problem

I had one in the past and it never seemed to work for some reason (different phone). Maybe I should look into it again. But aren't even the micro SD in GB these days?
Oh shit, that was supposed to be GB, I was still thinking about the old hard drives

But yeah - 256 GB around $40.00, 512 GB around $80.00. Probably good deals around Xmas as well on those cards.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 3:30 pm
Yo

Oh shit, that was supposed to be GB, I was still thinking about the old hard drives

But yeah - 256 GB around $40.00, 512 GB around $80.00. Probably good deals around Xmas as well on those cards.
Damn, that is cheap !
Old Dec 5th 2019, 3:33 pm
I have a comma problem

Damn, that is cheap !
Tell me about it, I paid about $35.00 for a 64 GB card not that long ago.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 4:42 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Seven days to go.
Boris might be interested in this one as 7 is the international dialing code for Russia!
On the lighter side, according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New7Wonders_of_the_World
there was a worldwide vote for 7 new wonders of the world the winners being announced on 7/7/2007.
They were: 1)The Great Wall, 2)Petra, 3)The Colossium, 4)Chichen Itza, 5)Machu Picchu, 6)Taj Mahal, 7)Christ the Redeemer.
I only list these because most aren't modern and it's a list that could have been put together by travel agents with the sole intention of boosting the travel trade. The list lacks imagination.
I have two candidates.
1.) The Large Hadron Collider: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider
2.) The Three Gorges Dam: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Gorges_Dam
I nominate the LHC for it's engineering even though I don't quite believe some of the physics theories they keep churning out.
I nominate the dam for the scope of the effort and the will to carry it out.
It's worth while reading some of the statistics about them, makes my garden shed project look like a, well, a shed.
Got any other nominations?
Old Dec 6th 2019, 1:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
Seven days to go.

Old Dec 6th 2019, 1:36 pm
I have a comma problem

Seven days to go.
Boris might be interested in this one as 7 is the international dialing code for Russia!
This is like the weirdest Advent calendar ever created.

I nominate the LHC for it's engineering even though I don't quite believe some of the physics theories they keep churning out.
You do realize that to be classed as a theory, a hypothesis has been tested to the point that is for all intents and purposes a fact? Not sure why you wouldn't believe it, they have literally demonstrated to you that it is real by virtue of being able to call it a theory. If it were still untested, it wouldn't get to be so named.

Anyway, interesting idea. It's hard to come up with modern wonders without ripping them off from Civ II. I might be inclined to throw in Hubble, even though it's technically not of the world, since it's in space, but it was still made here. The Panama Canal has to be in with a shout too.

Anyway, if your fact for the number 6 isn't something about Dejan Lovren, you're dead to me.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 4:12 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, if your fact for the number 6 isn't something about Dejan Lovren, you're dead to me.
Your're right.. I've had enough now... 6 days to go...

Old Dec 6th 2019, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the latest:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.