PM Boris

Old Dec 13th 2019, 5:26 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM Boris

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Johnson really was Hobson's choice.
It was Hobson then, not Corbyn or Brexit at all!

Old Dec 13th 2019, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Of course there are no problems Tory ministers are they... ohh well apart from a PM who has been sacked from his cabinet post before, from his newspaper post, considered a security risk by MI5 and is an out and out racist, anti-Islamic, antisemitic, homophobic, chap. oherwise he's squeaky clean , a foreign secretary who was sacked for illegally selling arms
Which just goes to show how appalling the electorate must have believed the alternate to be.

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Dec 13th 2019 at 6:59 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 5:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Im no fan of Johnson, but someone needed to get Brexit done..
1. There's no need to do it, it's a bad idea.
2. Johnson can't actually do it - except if he revives "no deal".

That reason for electing Johnson makes no sense at all. We can only hope the consequences of electing him are not too dire.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 5:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Which just goes to show how appalling the electorate must have believed the alternate tp be.
It could be that they looked at Corbyn and were repulsed. If so, I join the public in that. It could also be that they looked across the Atlantic, saw the President of the US and thought "Oh yes, that's what we need, we should get someone like that".
Old Dec 13th 2019, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Which just goes to show how appalling the electorate must have believed the alternate was.
When people are repeatedly told the same anti-Corbyn and anti-Labour stuff over and over by the media, some of which Tories have also done at the time (but this is never admitted to), people will believe it. The media is supposed to hold the government to account, but few of them are anything other than Tory cheerleaders.

Unfortunately, Corbyn's history of standing up for the little guy counted against him, so did his being from the traditional Labour left instead of being New Labour / Blairite. Whoever the next Labour is, they'll be a Blairite and someone who'll take Labour to the right. Where that leaves traditional Labour supporters will be something the party and those supporters need to consider.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33

That reason for electing Johnson makes no sense at all. We can only hope the consequences of electing him are not too dire.
I am not as convinced as you are that he won't be able to get it done. Hopefully, both sides will be able to put their cards on the table and focus upon what they need to do. It should be obvious to both sides now that there will not be those on the sidelines pitching it to spoil whatever agreement they are able to come up with.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
When people are repeatedly told the same anti-Corbyn and anti-Labour stuff over and over by the media, some of which Tories have also done at the time (but this is never admitted to), people will believe it. The media is supposed to hold the government to account, but few of them are anything other than Tory cheerleaders.
I didn't see that at all. "He's running from the media" is what I saw, but I know you won't agree with me.

Unfortunately, Corbyn's history of standing up for the little guy counted against him, so did his being from the traditional Labour left instead of being New Labour / Blairite. Whoever the next Labour is, they'll be a Blairite and someone who'll take Labour to the right. Where that leaves traditional Labour supporters will be something the party and those supporters need to consider.
I'd respectfully suggest that the campaign he ran on it what counted against him. His platform was put out by the media and he had an opportunity to debate this on a number of occasions. I accept that the respective media played to their readers and, if the electorate are not ready for his vision Labour can elect another like him and see how that plays out for them too.

Old Dec 13th 2019, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise the media were anti Corbyn? thats the first I have heard of it. People just didn't want what he was offering...and his appointed shadow home secretary.... she was a an embarassment, I used to have to watch her from behind a cushion it was so cringeworthy, her alone was enough to put people off voting labour....

Old Dec 13th 2019, 7:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I didn't realise the media were anti Corbyn?
They certainly were and are.

Old Dec 13th 2019, 7:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dbd33

I agree with this. Smoke and mirrors for power.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 8:04 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see that at all. "He's running from the media" is what I saw, but I know you won't agree with me.
I agree the media did call out Boris avoiding being interviewed by the media, which he'd publicly agreed to do with various outlets along with the other party leaders. It would have been very noticeable by the electorate that he didn't appear as promise on all but one, and the media had to call him on it because if they hadn't, that would have been an obvious spin in favour of Boris.

I'd respectfully suggest that the campaign he ran on it what counted against him. His platform was put out by the media and he had an opportunity to debate this on a number of occasions. I accept that the respective media played to their readers and, if the electorate are not ready for his vision Labour can elect another like him and see how that plays out for them too.
His platform was mostly been chosen and agreed by Labour Party members. Should Corbyn have gone against what the party wanted? Labour had to balance what it's Leave-voting members wanted with what it's Remain-voting members wanted. Most of the other parties were for one side or the other, and this will have split the Labour vote.

The next Labour leader will be a Blairite.

I didn't realise the media were anti Corbyn? thats the first I have heard of it. People just didn't want what he was offering...and his appointed shadow home secretary.... she was a an embarassment, I used to have to watch her from behind a cushion it was so cringeworthy, her alone was enough to put people off voting labour....
The bias is there.

Dianne Abbott has made a few mistakes, but I've never seen a Tory MP being given the same treatment she regularly got in the media. Take a look at what she achieved before becoming an MP.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 8:23 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

This discussion about why the tories gained so many seats is an argument that'll go on and on to no use whatsoever, it's a waste of time.
Some will say it was Corbyn, others will say the media brainwashed the electorate, still others will say it was Russia or little green men from Mars.
None seem to be arguing that Boris won by his force of buffoonery and a popular policy.
Any excuse works if it stops you having to face the fact that incompetent opposition parties hadn't a clue what it was all about.
The truth of the matter is that the referendum went brexit because a majority were angry and felt ignored by the EU and the Westminster bubble, this election went brexit because they were still angry and demonstrably being ignored and they recognised that any party not supporting brexit were overtly and deliberately continuing to ignore them. QED.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 8:29 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Someone on BBC QT just said he had to choose between 2 bad choices and Johnson was better than Corbyn.
Bearing in mind I was always told one does NOT choose a person but a party and their manifesto.
That seems to be forgotten now, it's like a ''Britain got talent'' competition .....
Old Dec 13th 2019, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dave_j
This discussion about why the tories gained so many seats is an argument that'll go on and on to no use whatsoever, it's a waste of time.
Brexit fatigue was the biggest factor, but not the only one.

But the other parties do need to find out what went wrong. It's not a waste of time.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 9:15 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Brexmas everyone still in England

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.