PM Boris

Old Dec 4th 2019, 1:42 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM Boris

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
11 Earths across

Didn't see the conjunction unfortunately.
Hmm...don't know where that 40 came from. Anyway 11-1300 pretty big.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 2:15 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Hmm...don't know where that 40 came from. Anyway 11-1300 pretty big.
I don't know where the 40 came from either, I couldn't find anything to reference it. But yes, pretty big, and yet the sun is just about as big compared to Jupiter as Jupiter is to Earth.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 2:20 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know where the 40 came from either, I couldn't find anything to reference it. But yes, pretty big, and yet the sun is just about as big compared to Jupiter as Jupiter is to Earth.
And, just to come full circle, Boris' head is about as big as the sun compared to the galaxy.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 2:34 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

And, just to come full circle, Boris' head is about as big as the sun compared to the galaxy.
He should be fired into the sun.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 3:20 pm
Yo

He should be fired into the sun.
Maybe we can crowdfund it
Old Dec 4th 2019, 3:34 pm
I have a comma problem

Maybe we can crowdfund it
Print that on the side of a bus.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

You can fit 1,300 Earths into Jupiter. So you're technically right, but also technically not
Whole earths? Or just merely the volume equivalents.....
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:03 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Is there a difference?
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:15 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a difference?
Whole earths leave gaps where there's empty space. Put marbles or balls in a box and you'll see what I mean....
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:55 pm
Yo

Whole earths leave gaps where there's empty space. Put marbles or balls in a box and you'll see what I mean....
Yes, after I posted I realised about the gaps. Short answer - no idea. I suppose it would be easy enough to calculate if one were so inclined.

I do find it hard to conceive of Jupiter. That size and apparently it's all gas with very little (or no) core. Just a monster.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

That size and apparently it's all gas with very little (or no) core. Just a monster.
And just like that, we're back on topic
Old Dec 4th 2019, 8:14 pm
I have a comma problem

I think it's just 1,300 times the volume but I don't know.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 2:14 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Eight days to go.
And... the only possible candidate for any mention at all must be the 8 Bit microprocessor.
Whether it was the Z80 or the 6502, they formed the basis of the early home computers.
It really is difficult in these days of megabyte programs and terrabyte storage to realise that these processors could only address a maximum of 64k although on some machines some tweaks allowed this to be extended to a hair-raising 128k.
I remember programing in machine code (I was too tight to buy an assembler) on both processors and assembled a small collection of Amstrad, Commodore, Sinclair and Atari machines and other notable creations like the BBC and Apple II should not be forgotten.
Programing with these constraints encouraged efficient use of resources, something no longer required I think when I look at the bloated offerings today.
Happy days.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 7:18 am
Yo

Originally Posted by dave_j
Eight days to go.
And... the only possible candidate for any mention at all must be the 8 Bit microprocessor.
Whether it was the Z80 or the 6502, they formed the basis of the early home computers.
It really is difficult in these days of megabyte programs and terrabyte storage to realise that these processors could only address a maximum of 64k although on some machines some tweaks allowed this to be extended to a hair-raising 128k.
I remember programing in machine code (I was too tight to buy an assembler) on both processors and assembled a small collection of Amstrad, Commodore, Sinclair and Atari machines and other notable creations like the BBC and Apple II should not be forgotten.
Programing with these constraints encouraged efficient use of resources, something no longer required I think when I look at the bloated offerings today.
Happy days.
"Nobody needs more than 640 Kb RAM" - Bill Gates
Old Dec 5th 2019, 9:36 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

"Nobody needs more than 640 Kb RAM" - Bill Gates
I bought a new home computer while I was at work, in the 90's, and was talking about it with some others from work, I commented on the fact that it had 1gb of memory, WHATTTTTTTTTTTT was the cry,No-one needs that sort of memory, even our lab system uses only 640MB. The lab system had most equipment connected, and ran many of the machines, it also produced all the paper reports. I assume that nowadays they don't use paper reports anymore as even before I left all wards in our hospital and 5 others are on the system plus all GPs in Lincolnshire. Wasn't that long ago either, and now, well 1TB seems to be routine memory for home computers and most home computers are now laptops or tablets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.