PM Boris

Old Dec 6th 2019, 10:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM Boris

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian View Post
He's so gentle on Johnson. Perhaps he'll show some more bile as the election gets closer.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 11:46 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Watched the BJ/JC BBC debate tonight. I think the charlatan is going to clinch it. JC, for all his good intentions, just looks like a dithering relic in front of the brash Johnson. The public is looking for closure, and the snake oil salesman is selling it by the truckload. A missed opportunity for Labour and a likely wrong turn for Britain (Brexit).
Old Dec 6th 2019, 11:58 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Watched the BJ/JC BBC debate tonight. I think the charlatan is going to clinch it. JC, for all his good intentions, just looks like a dithering relic in front of the brash Johnson. The public is looking for closure, and the snake oil salesman is selling it by the truckload. A missed opportunity for Labour and a likely wrong turn for Britain (Brexit).
I think there will be a muddle. Tactical voting resulting in independent conservatives, some Lib Dems, lots of representation for the SNP and a fair number of "wont get fooled again" DUP MPs. I doubt Johnson will be in a position to govern effectively even if he has a seat. That may prove wildly optimistic, of course.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 12:10 am
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33 View Post
I think there will be a muddle. Tactical voting resulting in independent conservatives, some Lib Dems, lots of representation for the SNP and a fair number of "wont get fooled again" DUP MPs. I doubt Johnson will be in a position to govern effectively even if he has a seat. That may prove wildly optimistic, of course.
I'm hoping for a muddle. Just don't sense Jezza is going to be trusted. Also, a horrific criminal case verdict today, that's going to play better for the Tories tough talk.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 1:25 am
Assimilated Pauper

I'm hoping for a muddle. Just don't sense Jezza is going to be trusted. Also, a horrific criminal case verdict today, that's going to play better for the Tories tough talk.
"Lunatic throws French child off balcony" assuming that's the case in question, isn't a law and order issue. There will always be lunatics and balconies, the lunatics are not subject to deterrence.. The only way a Tory government would be able to reduce that risk would be by frightening all tourists away.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 7:07 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9236151.html

"The lead Brexit envoy in the UK’s embassy in Washington has resigned, saying she can no longer “peddle half-truths” on behalf of political leaders she does not trust. Alexandra Hall Hall sent a resignation letter earlier this week, warning that increasing demands were being placed on civil servants not to be “fully honest” with the public. It comes as leaked internal documents show there will be customs checks and controls between Britain and Northern Ireland, despite claims by Boris Johnson that there would not be.

In her resignation letter, Ms Hall Hall said the government’s approach had undermined the British diplomats’ position abroad and that for her the situation had become “unbearable personally” and “untenable professionally”.

“I have been increasingly dismayed by the way in which our political leaders have tried to deliver Brexit, with reluctance to address honestly, even with our own citizens, the challenges and trade-offs which Brexit involves; the use of misleading or disingenuous arguments about the implications of the various options before us; and some behaviour towards our institutions, which, were it happening in another country, we would almost certainly as diplomats have received instructions to register our concern,” she wrote in her letter, dated 3 December.
“It makes our job to promote democracy and the rule of law that much harder, if we are not seen to be upholding these core values at home.”
She added: “I am also at a stage in life where I would prefer to do something more rewarding with my time than peddle half-truths on behalf of a government I do not trust.”

Wow. Who to believe? A professional diplomat with an exemplary 33 years of service, or a Boris Johnson the Liar? It's a tough one.

Old Dec 7th 2019, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty View Post
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9236151.html

"The lead Brexit envoy in the UK’s embassy in Washington has resigned, saying she can no longer “peddle half-truths” on behalf of political leaders she does not trust. Alexandra Hall Hall sent a resignation letter earlier this week, warning that increasing demands were being placed on civil servants not to be “fully honest” with the public. It comes as leaked internal documents show there will be customs checks and controls between Britain and Northern Ireland, despite claims by Boris Johnson that there would not be.

In her resignation letter, Ms Hall Hall said the government’s approach had undermined the British diplomats’ position abroad and that for her the situation had become “unbearable personally” and “untenable professionally”.

“I have been increasingly dismayed by the way in which our political leaders have tried to deliver Brexit, with reluctance to address honestly, even with our own citizens, the challenges and trade-offs which Brexit involves; the use of misleading or disingenuous arguments about the implications of the various options before us; and some behaviour towards our institutions, which, were it happening in another country, we would almost certainly as diplomats have received instructions to register our concern,” she wrote in her letter, dated 3 December.
“It makes our job to promote democracy and the rule of law that much harder, if we are not seen to be upholding these core values at home.”
She added: “I am also at a stage in life where I would prefer to do something more rewarding with my time than peddle half-truths on behalf of a government I do not trust.”

Wow. Who to believe? A professional diplomat with an exemplary 33 years of service, or a Boris Johnson the Liar? It's a tough one.
I doubt the rabid Brexiteers are interested in why she resigned. They want to believe what they want to believe. I no a no. of people who "want Brexit done" based on lies or not.
Despite bringing fox hunt back, the fox will still vote for BJ. I'm referring to a cartoon.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 9:22 am
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by dbd33 View Post
"Lunatic throws French child off balcony" assuming that's the case in question, isn't a law and order issue. There will always be lunatics and balconies, the lunatics are not subject to deterrence.. The only way a Tory government would be able to reduce that risk would be by frightening all tourists away.
No, not the lunatic, though that is such a tragic case.

This dude. He needs to be shot after a serious flogging.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50684470

Old Dec 7th 2019, 9:49 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Except it was the Tories 'let em' out' policy that caused that, he was let out 'by mistake', WTF, who ever did that should be looking for a new job. Jeremy won the debate by a large margin last night, in the same way he did the ITV one, there was only one poll that said Johnson had won, and in the ITV debate their 'result' was broadcast over an hour BEFORE the debate, The poll company is owned and run by backers of the Tories, and only questions people in strong Tory areas and then only the age groups likely to vote Tory. Unfortunately they are the pollsters quote by the Tory supporting BBC and ITV. MSM in this election have been an absolute disgrace, they are supposed to be impartial, but are not showing that impartiality in this campaign. Ther are rumours that Laura Kuessenberg has already got a job lined up with the Tories in case Jeremy wins, as she knows she will have either do an 180 degree turn or lose her job.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 12:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Except it was the Tories 'let em' out' policy that caused that, he was let out 'by mistake', WTF, who ever did that should be looking for a new job. .
I don't know about the UK specifically but I've worked on stock control computer systems for prisons in other countries and they're no different from systems for other items; except that the consequences of sending too many gearboxes to Winnipeg are less severe than mistakenly releasing a prisoner or accidentally recategorizing one into the "keep forever don't admit existence" bin. A head will roll for this but not the head of the programmer, now long dead and/or in India, who made the mistake.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 12:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I see that Johnson is promising the World Cup now. Next he'll be bringing back the Page 3 girl.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 4:38 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Five days to go. I can start counting on one hand now, saves having to think.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 4:12 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Can't let this thread slip down the list. Four days to go!
Old Dec 8th 2019, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Remarkable when the New Statesman doesn't endorse the labour party and describes Corbyn as unfit to govern.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...eserves-better

Johnson is obviously unsuitable as PM but given the other contenders neutral popularity is probably sufficient. Losing his own seat with the conservatives as largest party would be interesting. Step forward Mr Gove...

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2019-50403154

Labour as largest party, would also be interesting to see how long Corbyn can stay on the fence.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I cant believe there are still people who vote for Political parties and that party elects who they believe is fit to govern the country. Granted you have to believe or have a belief but at what stage do you throw your hands up and decide not to vote as they are all as bad as each other. The difference between a promise and a lie is when a politician makes a promise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.