Coronavirus

Old Apr 30th 2021, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by shelley748
Thank you for some adult discussion on the subject.
You are risking it a bit on here, any talk like that does gets their hackle up - lol. To be fair it's not just BEP folk, there are a lot who just don't seem to care if we ever get out of endless lockdowns and restrictions. Some people I know basically haven't worked for a year and but have received furlough and top up money meaning they are on full pay. As they have no commuting and other work related costs they are £££££s in. I'm one of those who qualifies for zero help from the government. I can cope myself but I know of small business owners facing losing every thing including the family home.
Personally I have yet to be persuaded that the whole thing hasn't been massively overplayed and I feel so sorry for the young ones that already are struggling and who are now going to be paying this for the rest of their working lives.

Last edited by Revin Kevin; Apr 30th 2021 at 7:34 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 30th 2021, 7:36 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
You are risking it a bit on here, any talk like that does gets their hackle up - lol. To be fair it's not just BEP folk, there are a lot who just don't seem to care if we ever get out of endless lockdowns and restrictions. Some people I know basically haven't worked for a year and but have received furlough and top up money meaning they are on full pay. As they have no commuting and other work related costs they are £££££s in. I'm one of those who qualifies for zero help from the government. I can cope myself but I know of small business owners facing losing every thing including the family home.
Personally I have yet to be persuaded that the whole thing hasn't been massively overplayed and I feel so sorry for the young ones that already are struggling and who are now going to be paying this for the rest of their working lives.

3 million dead people.

Not my idea of "overplayed."

But debate that as you will, it doesn't justify loopy conspiracy theories involving Bill Gates and the Pope.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Apr 30th 2021 at 7:38 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 7:36 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Bet the Pope has one of those.
Everyone should have one!

I was always a coffee machine sceptic till I got one at the start of the pandemic.

It's a game changer!
Old Apr 30th 2021, 7:39 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Go and spend a week helping out at a hospital in India Kevin- if you can't trust the consensus of health professionals then that'll set your mind right for sure.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 7:45 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Plus the more the virus spreads the more opportunity it has to mutate, which its already done more than once hence the various variants out there now.
Fantastic point
Old Apr 30th 2021, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
3 million dead people.

Not my idea of "overplayed."

But debate that as you will, it doesn't justify loopy conspiracy theories involving Bill Gates and the Pope.
Bill Gates and Pope?
​​​​​
What your saying is that there has been 3m additional deaths - that would be 1 in every 2000 people including children. You might want to do a bit more research.

Old Apr 30th 2021, 8:23 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
Are people waking up yet? I have been doing a spreadsheet since January 2021 getting the figures directly from CTV News website (red banner on page) of the number of cases, deaths, recovered, etc. from ALL across Canada.
- the last column is the number of deaths daily from a population of 37.5 million
Whilst no death is acceptable I would ask you all to have some common sense- and ask yourself this question

Is it acceptable to close down a whole country for an average daily number of 52 deaths out of a population of 37.5 million?

If you are waking up- you will ask why are we being subjected to that? Then I will advise you that this is about way more than the virus and that Reiner Fuellmich ( the lawyer who successfully sued VW for their emissions scandal) is leading a worldwide team of lawyers in suing governments worldwide for the damage caused by the lockdowns, the PCR tests, the experimental vaccines

If you don't believe me or think i am a conspiracy nut, then I urge you to watch the discussion which took place this morning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFB2AA28_q4&t=1s

and also listen to an interview with Michael Swinwood a Canadian lawyer who is also part of the team.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/ehradi...cial-an-interv

All I ask is that you please think about things...yes people are dying and that is really sad, but people need to understand what the truth is.
Are you ****ing stupid? It's not just the deaths, hospitals are full, Sunnybrook has a field hospital in the parking lot, there aren't enough staff, rooms, facilities to cope with COVID so people are not getting the surgery they need.
​​​​​​If people followed the damn rules of distance, masks, handwashing, and staying at home the effects of COVID would be a lot less.

You are at best deeply misguided.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 8:44 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Bill Gates and Pope?
​​​​​
What your saying is that there has been 3m additional deaths - that would be 1 in every 2000 people including children. You might want to do a bit more research.
To clarify, Bill Gates and the Pope are not victims of covid but the authors of a dastardly scheme to convince the sheeple that there's a plague so that we'll all have vaccines in the arms and that'll grew transmitters in our heads so that Bill Gates and his computery things will be able to beam papal thoughts in and convert us all to Islam.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 8:51 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by dbd33
To clarify, Bill Gates and the Pope are not victims of covid but the authors of a dastardly scheme to convince the sheeple that there's a plague so that we'll all have vaccines in the arms and that'll grew transmitters in our heads so that Bill Gates and his computery things will be able to beam papal thoughts in and convert us all to Islam.
They're also part of a global pedophile ring that Donald Trump is going to rescue us all from because he knows about it.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 9:03 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Bill Gates and Pope?
​​​​​
​​​​​​There are other countries besides Canada you know.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Various reasons one can travel for and not be in violation of the health order. Police are not permitted to ask for any documentation to back up your reason for travel, so seems mostly honor based.
  • moving to a different principal residence or assisting a person to move for that purpose;
  • carrying out a work-related purpose, including volunteer work;
  • commercially transporting goods;
  • receiving health-care services or social services or assisting someone to receive those services;
  • attending court;
  • complying with a court order;
  • exercising parental responsibilities, including spending parenting time with a minor child;
  • accessing child care;
  • attending classes or receiving training through a post-secondary institution or school;
  • responding to emergencies or critical incidents, including incidents that involve search and rescue operations;
  • providing care or assistance to a person who requires care or assistance because of
    • a psychological, behavioural or health condition, or
    • a physical, cognitive or mental impairment;
  • visiting by an essential visitor or a social visitor as provided in the guidance of the Ministry of Health set out in a document titled Ministry of Health - Overview of Visitors in Long-Term Care and Seniors’ Assisted Living that went into effect on April 1, 2021;
  • attending a funeral service;
  • travelling under the authority of a variance of an order issued by the provincial health officer under the Public Health Act if the variance was made before this order comes into force;
  • travelling for the purpose of avoiding the risk of abuse or violence;
  • travelling by residents of the local health area of Bella Coola Valley or Central Coast to Port Hardy to obtain essential goods and supplies;
  • travelling by residents of the local health area of Hope to Chilliwack to obtain essential goods and supplies;
  • travelling by residents of the Northern Health Authority region into the Nis×a’a Health Authority region;
  • travelling by residents of the Nis×a’a Health Authority region into the Northern-Interior Health Authority region;
  • returning to a person’s own principal residence.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 9:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The Premier of Ontario is putting pressure on Trudeau to lockdown the land borders and internal flights. Doesn’t make sense to close most airports, then have the passengers isolate in a hotel, when people can just walk/drive over the land borders, or fly from Province to Province and go straight to their destination.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 9:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The Premier of Ontario is putting pressure on Trudeau to lockdown the land borders and internal flights. Doesn’t make sense to close most airports, then have the passengers isolate in a hotel, when people can just walk/drive over the land borders, or fly from Province to Province and go straight to their destination.
I wouldn't think a lock down of borders and airports would be necessary anymore. If people can show that they've been vaccinated then they're low risk, why not let them in?
Old Apr 30th 2021, 9:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't think a lock down of borders and airports would be necessary anymore. If people can show that they've been vaccinated then they're low risk, why not let them in?
It is thought that vaccinated people can still carry and transmit the virus. Plus it’s the variants that are worrying…especially if one arises that is a vaccine resistant variant.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 11:39 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Xenophobia. Sod'em. Too many people travel imo, even these days.
Not to be confused with Xenaphobia, or fear of Warrior Princesses, but that's a story for another thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.