Coronavirus

Old Apr 26th 2021, 2:59 am
  #4336  
Tea Drinker
 
Danny B's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Kamloops, BC
Posts: 5,387
Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Most recent additions to BC CDC flight list of flights with positive cases.
  • April 8: Swoop flight 204 from Abbotsford to Edmonton (rows not reported)
  • April 10: Air Canada flight 241 from Edmonton to Vancouver (rows 28 to 34)
  • April 10: Air Canada/Jazz flight 8622 from Vancouver to Winnipeg (rows 20 to 26)
  • April 12: Air Canada/Jazz flight 8622 from Vancouver to Winnipeg (rows 19 to 25)
  • April 13: Air Canada flight 306 from Vancouver to Montreal (rows 27 to 32)
  • April 14: WestJet flight 3109 from Calgary to Nanaimo (rows five to 18)
  • April 14: Swoop flight 201 from Edmonton to Abbotsford (rows 20 to 26)
  • April 14: Air Canada flight 45 from Delhi to Vancouver (rows one to six, 12 to 14, 18 to 28 and 41 to 46)
  • April 14: WestJet flight 3171 from Calgary to Comox (rows 14 to 20)
  • April 15: Air Canada/Jazz flight 8398 from Vancouver to Kelowna (rows one to seven)
  • April 16: Air Canada flight 215 from Calgary to Vancouver (rows 13 to 19)
  • April 16: Sunwing flight 2860 from Mexico City to Vancouver (rows 16 to 22)
  • April 16: WestJet flight 3287 from Vancouver to Prince George (rows one to seven)
  • April 17: Air Canada flight 45 from Delhi to Vancouver (rows 20 to 30 and 34 to 40)
  • April 18: Air India flight 185 from Delhi to Vancouver (rows 20 to 24 and 42 to 46)
  • April 18: WestJet flight 4442 from Calgary to Kelowna (rows 11 to 17)
  • April 18: Air Canada flight 123 from Toronto to Vancouver (rows 19 to 25)
  • April 18: Air Canada flight 45 from Delhi to Vancouver (rows 18 to 34 and 54 to 60)
  • April 19: Air Canada flight 127 from Toronto to Vancouver (rows 24 to 30)
  • April 19: Air India flight 185 from Delhi to Vancouver (rows 19 to 25)
  • April 20: Air Canada flight 241 from Edmonton to Vancouver (rows 21 to 27)
  • April 20: Air Canada/Jazz flight 8261 from Vancouver to Nanaimo (rows three to nine)
  • April 21: Air Canada flight 45 from Delhi to Vancouver (rows 12 to 14, 23 to 30 and 32 to 46)
  • April 21: Air Canada flight 185 from Delhi to Vancouver (rows not reported)
Jesus, look at all those inbound flights from Delhi
Danny B is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2021, 4:04 am
  #4337  
Assimilated Pauper
 
dbd33's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 40,024
dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Some people can't have the vaccine due to underlying health issues - if they implemented 'covid passports (record of vaccination)' then that would be discriminating against those that aren't able to obtain one, through no fault of their own.
ohdearwhatashamenevermind.

Passports/Certificates offer the best way forward for the largest number of people. They allow more business to resume. The alternative is eternal lock down.

dbd33 is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2021, 4:07 am
  #4338  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 386
Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I believe there would be a good case for anyone wishing to take action against this idea.. due to human rights / discrimination.
I very much hope NO countries implement them. Other countries are already taking action against them. https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...-idUSKBN2BP0H3

Some people can't have the vaccine due to underlying health issues - if they implemented 'covid passports (record of vaccination)' then that would be discriminating against those that aren't able to obtain one, through no fault of their own.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56125142
https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronaviru...rney-weighs-in
​​​​​​
​​​​​​Vaccination passports are coming that's a given and the sooner the better! There will be a workaround for anyone who genuinely can't get vacinated which I think it will probably involve enhanced testing.
Revin Kevin is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2021, 4:49 am
  #4339  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
Jerseygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 88,159
Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Even if it is decided that vaccine PPs are against human rights... countries have the right to refuse entry to anyone who cannotshow proof of vaccination. Who can blame them after what the world has been through the last 14 months?
Jerseygirl is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2021, 7:22 am
  #4340  
Assimilated Pauper
 
dbd33's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 40,024
dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

A weird quirk of the 'rona is that the price of items some might consider luxuries, horses, old cars, dogs, has gone up dramatically. I think this might be because people have a lot of equity in their houses and, with low interest rates, can use some of it, The lack of commuting frees time for animals and money that once went on petrol and work clothes is now available for other uses.

I've heard a few people say that they're in no rush to get vaccinated for fear of being forced back to commuting and I know of firms that have given up rented office space. I wonder if this is a genie that won't be shoved back in the bottle, if this is the moment when working from home became more usual than going to an office.
dbd33 is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2021, 8:19 am
  #4341  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
​​​​​​
​​​​​​Vaccination passports are coming that's a given and the sooner the better! There will be a workaround for anyone who genuinely can't get vacinated which I think it will probably involve enhanced testing.
You clearly have insider knowledge.... do tell!

Couldn't disagree more.
Siouxie is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2021, 3:02 pm
  #4342  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 3,874
scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I believe there would be a good case for anyone wishing to take action against this idea.. due to human rights / discrimination.
I very much hope NO countries implement them. Other countries are already taking action against them. https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...-idUSKBN2BP0H3

Some people can't have the vaccine due to underlying health issues - if they implemented 'covid passports (record of vaccination)' then that would be discriminating against those that aren't able to obtain one, through no fault of their own.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56125142
https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronaviru...rney-weighs-in
Years ago we all needed to show proof of smallpox vaccination to enter Australia for a 10 month long stay. However, my daughter could not have the vaccination because she showed signs of eczema in one small area of her body and the doctor said there was no way she could receive the vaccine.

He had to provide a letter to me that I could show to all authorities to show why she had not had the jab. She also had to be inspected by a doctor whenever it was requested.

The result of that was we arrived In Perth at midnight, had to show the letter to the Health people, and then they had to send for a doctor to come out to the airport. It took about an hour for the doctor to show up, he took a quick glance at my daughter, asked where we had been in the last several months, then said she was fine and could be admitted. We were then allowed to re-board the plane to continue on to Melbourne.

So there are ways and means around the problem of someone not being able to get a certain vaccine without discriminating against them.
scilly is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2021, 3:54 pm
  #4343  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by scilly
Years ago we all needed to show proof of smallpox vaccination to enter Australia for a 10 month long stay. However, my daughter could not have the vaccination because she showed signs of eczema in one small area of her body and the doctor said there was no way she could receive the vaccine.

He had to provide a letter to me that I could show to all authorities to show why she had not had the jab. She also had to be inspected by a doctor whenever it was requested.

The result of that was we arrived In Perth at midnight, had to show the letter to the Health people, and then they had to send for a doctor to come out to the airport. It took about an hour for the doctor to show up, he took a quick glance at my daughter, asked where we had been in the last several months, then said she was fine and could be admitted. We were then allowed to re-board the plane to continue on to Melbourne.

So there are ways and means around the problem of someone not being able to get a certain vaccine without discriminating against them.
The difference being that the 'covid vaccine' does not protect anyone against catching it nor passing it on - it reportedly can only enhance your chances of not becoming dangerously ill... but will require 'top up' booster shots, just like a flu vaccine does.(confirmed by many health professionals)... in other words, it valueless for determining if you might have or pass on covid on entry to a country. It's quite different to having to have smallpox / yellow fever innoculations etc., (which I also had to have before going to live in Hong Kong / visit Australia etc.,) as those did offer protection against catching or passing them on.

According to many legal documents available to be viewd, it's being stated that to require 'covid passports' could be construed as discriminatory. Will a 'Covid passport' be required to go to a restaurant / go to watch a film / go to the theatre / get on a train etc., ??

I'm not anti vaccine at all - I'm just anti 'covid passport', there will be a sharp increase in faked ones, a black market etc., - as some have already been discovered. It's just asking for trouble.
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-56489574
https://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-...ems-for-travel




Siouxie is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2021, 4:30 pm
  #4344  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 3,874
scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Siouxie
The difference being that the 'covid vaccine' does not protect anyone against catching it nor passing it on - it reportedly can only enhance your chances of not becoming dangerously ill... but will require 'top up' booster shots, just like a flu vaccine does.(confirmed by many health professionals)... in other words, it valueless for determining if you might have or pass on covid on entry to a country. It's quite different to having to have smallpox / yellow fever innoculations etc., (which I also had to have before going to live in Hong Kong / visit Australia etc.,) as those did offer protection against catching or passing them on.

According to many legal documents available to be viewd, it's being stated that to require 'covid passports' could be construed as discriminatory. Will a 'Covid passport' be required to go to a restaurant / go to watch a film / go to the theatre / get on a train etc., ??

I'm not anti vaccine at all - I'm just anti 'covid passport', there will be a sharp increase in faked ones, a black market etc., - as some have already been discovered. It's just asking for trouble.
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-56489574
https://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-...ems-for-travel
I agree that the covid is more like flu than anything else, but I was trying to show that there are ways and means of not discriminating against someone.

I'm also with you on being anti-covid passport.

If a business or store or restaurant only wants to do business with me if I have a covid passport, then it's simple ........... if I can avoid doing business with them I will. There's usually other fish in the ocean who will take my money! I already do most of my shopping online, deal with my doctor online, and deal with the bank and my financial advisor online.

I have had my first jab of Pfizer, back on March 30th, and will wait for my second some time in July or early August (16 weeks after the first one).

If we then have to have booster shots every six months (as I read somewhere) or every year, then it will be just like having the flu shot every year, hopefully either at the doctor's office or the local pharmacy.
scilly is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2021, 9:17 pm
  #4345  
BE Enthusiast
 
vinegarboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Rural Saskatchewan.
Posts: 491
vinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Happily I got my 2nd Pfizer shot down here in Virginia yesterday, with there never having been any hassle/cost/awkwardness or any actual residency requirement involved for me being a foreign visitor down here.

So I've found that in practice it's totally easy & straightforward getting a freebie full vaccination down here in the U.S., and that one then simply has to email the provincial health authority back home with a photo of the U.S. vaccination documentation, in order to have one's Canadian hralth record updated with one's new Covid vaccination status.

Woke up at T-plus 12hrs with upper arm soreness & a general feeling of disequilibrium/fragility/achiness, but am deliberately soldiering-on sans any Tylenol so far, while my immune system gets to continue learning its ABCs concerning SARS-CoV-2's tell-tale spike protein.

Last edited by vinegarboy; Apr 26th 2021 at 9:19 pm.
vinegarboy is offline  
Old Apr 27th 2021, 12:32 am
  #4346  
Concierge
 
Rete's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 46,509
Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by vinegarboy
Happily I got my 2nd Pfizer shot down here in Virginia yesterday, with there never having been any hassle/cost/awkwardness or any actual residency requirement involved for me being a foreign visitor down here.

So I've found that in practice it's totally easy & straightforward getting a freebie full vaccination down here in the U.S., and that one then simply has to email the provincial health authority back home with a photo of the U.S. vaccination documentation, in order to have one's Canadian hralth record updated with one's new Covid vaccination status.
That's wonderful for you. And yet, there are many US Citizens and legal US residents who still have not be able to get the vaccination. And yes, we pay for the vaccine. My healthcare insurance was billed for both doses and paid for both and they have paid for all 4 of my covid tests.
Rete is online now  
Old Apr 27th 2021, 12:35 am
  #4347  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 2
scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Coronavirus

Nobody I know has had to pay to be vaccinated, I certainly did not.

I only have had one test and that was free but that seems a different situation as some you certainly pay for.
scrubbedexpat099 is offline  
Old Apr 27th 2021, 1:00 am
  #4348  
BE Enthusiast
 
vinegarboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Rural Saskatchewan.
Posts: 491
vinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Rete
That's wonderful for you. And yet, there are many US Citizens and legal US residents who still have not be able to get the vaccination. And yes, we pay for the vaccine. My healthcare insurance was billed for both doses and paid for both and they have paid for all 4 of my covid tests.
Initiative, as always, is at a premium. I neither queue-jumped nor stole nor misrepresented myself down here in any way, shape, or form in order to get myself vaccinated. I merely hoofed it down to the local pharmacy & volunteered myself to receive any Pfizer that was end-of-day expiring, which they would otherwise have had to throw out. So, in essence, & apart from the pharmacist's (private-sector) time to administer it, I basically got vaccinated out of the U.S. taxpayers' (your) trash bin, for which I am, honestly, thankful. So thanks.

Last edited by vinegarboy; Apr 27th 2021 at 1:04 am.
vinegarboy is offline  
Old Apr 27th 2021, 4:30 am
  #4349  
Oscar nominated
 
BristolUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Moncton, NB, CANADA
Posts: 52,300
BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I'm just anti 'covid passport', there will be a sharp increase in faked ones, a black market etc., - as some have already been discovered. It's just asking for trouble.
I always like to think the best of people. I see from those links that these fakes are available on the dark web. I wouldn't have a clue how to do that. Is it anything like not having a clue how to buy an illegal gun so you ask around, putting yourself in all kinds of danger of being caught or just at the mercy of villains.

Of course, sooner or later such things might be more 'freely' advertised elsewhere. Since I was a teenager I remember fake documents being advertised in private eye.

But there's a bit of a difference in forking out a few quid for a fake ID to buy a pint and the $150 or more mentioned in the BBC link. Maybe I'm just a bit cowardly in that I wouldn't risk spending a not small sum and then trying to gain entry to another country and ending up in Bangkok Hilton or writing a book based on my experience in a Turkish Prison - Midnight Express 2

Of course I'm exaggerating and looking at travel as opposed to common or garden dining out or whatever.

But I would imagine that people who haven't had a vax but then needed a document to say they had in order to access something would be much more likely to get vaccinated and produce a genuine document for free than they would go down the fake/expensive/risky path.

And if that increases the vaccine take up then all's good - or at least better than it was.

Taking Scilly's point, I suppose the document could be called something generic - like a Covid Visa - with the vaccinated and exempt but clear qualifying for one and nobody needing to know what the qualification was, therefore no discrimination.

Kind of like Dinner Tickets at school back in the day where nobody knew whether you'd paid for them or got them as free school meals.
BristolUK is offline  
Old Apr 27th 2021, 5:31 am
  #4350  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by vinegarboy
Happily I got my 2nd Pfizer shot down here in Virginia yesterday, with there never having been any hassle/cost/awkwardness or any actual residency requirement involved for me being a foreign visitor down here.

So I've found that in practice it's totally easy & straightforward getting a freebie full vaccination down here in the U.S., and that one then simply has to email the provincial health authority back home with a photo of the U.S. vaccination documentation, in order to have one's Canadian hralth record updated with one's new Covid vaccination status.

Woke up at T-plus 12hrs with upper arm soreness & a general feeling of disequilibrium/fragility/achiness, but am deliberately soldiering-on sans any Tylenol so far, while my immune system gets to continue learning its ABCs concerning SARS-CoV-2's tell-tale spike protein.
Originally Posted by Rete
That's wonderful for you. And yet, there are many US Citizens and legal US residents who still have not be able to get the vaccination. And yes, we pay for the vaccine. My healthcare insurance was billed for both doses and paid for both and they have paid for all 4 of my covid tests.
Originally Posted by Boiler
Nobody I know has had to pay to be vaccinated, I certainly did not.

I only have had one test and that was free but that seems a different situation as some you certainly pay for.
Originally Posted by vinegarboy
Initiative, as always, is at a premium. I neither queue-jumped nor stole nor misrepresented myself down here in any way, shape, or form in order to get myself vaccinated. I merely hoofed it down to the local pharmacy & volunteered myself to receive any Pfizer that was end-of-day expiring, which they would otherwise have had to throw out. So, in essence, & apart from the pharmacist's (private-sector) time to administer it, I basically got vaccinated out of the U.S. taxpayers' (your) trash bin, for which I am, honestly, thankful. So thanks.
Please keep in mind that this is the Canada forum... if you want to post about your experiences on getting the Covid vaccine in the USA please post to: CORONAVIRUS PART II
Cheers!
Siouxie is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.