Coronavirus

Old May 6th 2021, 12:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
I am afraid, you're not correct here. It's been scientifically proven that one is immune with the vaccine and you can't pass it on. This is certainly the case with the Pfizer/BionTech vaccine and has been published as well.
Got any links to that? I've seen nothing anywhere (and I'm not just reading Canadian stuff) to suggest immunity once vaccinated and the most optimistic thing as to whether it can be passed on is an "early indication but too early to say" with any confidence.
Old May 6th 2021, 1:08 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Got any links to that? I've seen nothing anywhere (and I'm not just reading Canadian stuff) to suggest immunity once vaccinated and the most optimistic thing as to whether it can be passed on is an "early indication but too early to say" with any confidence.
Even Pfizer itself acknowledges that people who've had its vaccine can and do get covid. It's nonsense to say that the vaccine confers immunity.
https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-re...and-no-serious

Old May 6th 2021, 1:39 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Just to note that I don't believe you and I think you're a conspiracy nut.
Thanks for the heads up on the nutter. I was about to explain the risk of virus propagation, but clearly no need.
Old May 6th 2021, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Fake test results apparently easy to obtain in India for a fee.

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
Pre boarding PCR test - clear , pre boarding heath declaration - clear , pre boarding temperature check - clear - 8 hours later I have covid... 🤔
Old May 6th 2021, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

It was said by Ugur Sahin, the founder of BioNTech on some scientific conference more than a while back. Also the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine only need minor tweaking to respond to all future variants with ease. For Curevac it's too soon to say, I think. Regarding Moderna or Astra Zeneca or J&J, I can't say, nor do I know. The science community also believes that the mRNA vaccine is also a good basis to handle other medical issues, even as far as cancer, one day.

But as long as you have people like "Dr." Tam who constantly doubts science, or Ford in Ontario who "sees too many airplanes" Canada won't get very far with this attitude and free movement will be more than a while away. To Ford this is purely political, he has an election to win, next year, and is paying a of of ads to create the "fear of variants", whilst the spreading is within his province.

It's a very difficult subject for many people in Canada, and also for many users here in this forum- sadly.
Old May 6th 2021, 3:29 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

It's a very difficult subject for many people in Canada, and also for many users here in this forum- sadly.
My friend on Facebook said the vaccine will alter your DNA and give you COVID. He's right about a lot of things so I trust him.

“This is not your normal flu vaccine,” “This is something totally different. This is a witches’ brew. I’ve never seen anything like this in science or medicine.”

“There’s many ways it can be taken up into our genome,”. “So when this gets into the genome, if it’s permanent, guess what? You, as a human, can be patented and owned—look it up!”

Old May 6th 2021, 3:59 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Got any links to that?

It was said by Ugur Sahin, the founder of BioNTech on some scientific conference more than a while back. ...
So that's a "no" then.
Poppycock.
Here's a link for you.
BioNTech boss strikes upbeat note on Europe's vaccine drive
Ugur Sahin, whose company developed the first widely approved shot against COVID-19 with U.S. partner Pfizer, predicted that "50-60% of the population will have received the vaccine" by the end of June, at which point any easing of pandemic restrictions would affect a broad swath of the population.
He cited studies from Israel, which shares medical data on its vaccination campaign with Pfizer, showing that people who have been immunized rarely fall seriously ill and are significantly less likely to transmit the virus to others.
So your claim that "It's been scientifically proven that one is immune with the vaccine and you can't pass it on" is hogwash isn't it.
Old May 6th 2021, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Got any links to that?

So your claim that "It's been scientifically proven that one is immune with the vaccine and you can't pass it on" is hogwash isn't it.
It may be your interpretation. The only claim I have is that the attitude by many Canadians and often even Brits who have been living in Canada for some time is a bit worrying.

The vaccine is for instance way way more effective than any flu vaccine we've ever had.

Doubting the effectiveness of the vaccine would put all long term care / elderly care homes out of business. Why should they vaccinate their employees then, to protect the most vulnerable of society against Covid 19?

To me Covid it a bit like Brexit. Everything said, discussed, done is about differences.

I wonder how the opioid crisis in Canada will be tackled? - if ever? The same way as they did against Covid 19? Far off, I take it.
Or what Cannabis does to your brain? legal or not?

I also wonder what would happen if I would, as a vaccinated Israeli citizen arrive on a direct flight from Israel to Canada? Senseless quarantine? Not in the EU.

Covid 19 has shown me some sides of Canada I honestly neither find friendly, attractive or welcoming.

This discussion feels like telling the SNP that independence is a bad thing, or telling Boris that the EU is a good thing to be part of.

Last edited by OrangeMango; May 6th 2021 at 4:37 pm.
Old May 6th 2021, 4:39 pm
Oscar nominated

It may be your interpretation.
Seriously? Siouxie correctly stated "People think they are immune because they had the vaccine; - rather than they are less likely to get seriously/dangerously ill if they do catch it... ...having the vaccine doesn't guarantee you won't catch it nor pass it on."
You categorically stated that was wrong and that "It's been scientifically proven that one is immune with the vaccine and you can't pass it on."
I linked to an article where your man said no such thing and very clearly agreed with Siouxie's comment.

And you think this is my interpretation.
Old May 6th 2021, 4:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The vaccine is for instance way way more effective than any flu vaccine we've ever had.

Doubting the effectiveness of the vaccine would put all long term care / elderly care homes out of business.
But no one's doubting the effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine OM, it's a bloody godsend as are most of those that have been developed. We were just pointing out that the vaccine does not make you immune to covid as you stated.
Old May 6th 2021, 5:00 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is that the immunity is around 70 - 95 % (depending on maker). In which case some recipients are immune (for a period) and some are not. As with any vaccine, the immunity degrades over time. All in all, still need to be careful until enough of the population are immune (vaccine or natural antibodies) that the risk is negligible.
Old May 6th 2021, 5:06 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I am afraid, you're not correct here. It's been scientifically proven that one is immune with the vaccine and you can't pass it on. This is certainly the case with the Pfizer/BionTech vaccine and has been published as well. It's sadly only in Canada where the vaccine and it's effectiveness is always in doubt.

What one can actually do out of personal medical interest is to take a blood test around 4 weeks after the 2nd vaccine has been administered, and get the full results on antibodies.
I'm sorry but you are not correct in your assumption regarding the effectiveness of the vaccine - .it neither gives you complete immunity nor stops you from passing it on if you happen to catch it.
(for a laymans explanation, see here: https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...pread-covid-19

I'm particpating in a Health Canada covid antibody test for research purposes, to determine if anyone has natural antibodies / immunity - as a courtesy they will also inform me of the result. They would prefer me not to have had the vaccine until I've taken the test, although if I do then I will need to notify them, but it's not medically appropriate for me to take the vaccine at the present time anyway.. This has been an ongoing research project I have been part of for many months.

Last edited by Siouxie; May 6th 2021 at 5:18 pm.
Old May 6th 2021, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I'm sorry but you are not correct in your assumption regarding the effectiveness of the vaccine - .it neither gives you complete immunity nor stops you from passing it on if you happen to catch it.

I'm particpating in a Health Canada covid antibody test for research purposes, to determine if anyone has natural antibodies / immunity - as a courtesy they will also inform me of the result. They would prefer me not to have had the vaccine until I've taken the test, although if I do then I will need to notify them, but it's not medically appropriate for me to take the vaccine at the present time anyway.. This has been an ongoing research project I have been part of for many months.
Both things don't surprise me. Our differences, your opinion, this study, and the whole attitude to Corona in Canada.

Oddly, this doesn't happen in the EU, or the UK.

It's too much obsessed with a "100% solution" which will never ever exist. At the same time, Canada is unable to seem to control the influx of drugs into the country.

I wonder if there is ever such a study on drug use in Canada?

Old May 6th 2021, 5:35 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Booked in for my first jab on May 20th
Old May 6th 2021, 7:41 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
The vaccines are effective against infection. Not 100% but way more than the flu shot

wwksf-vaccine-effectiveness.pdf

Looking at a comparison of other vaccines: polio is 99% effective after 4 doses. MMR 97% effective against measles after two doses, 88% against mumps, 97% rubella. Smallpox 95% but there should be boosters, typhoid is 80%. Various internet sources for this data
I think my posts must be invisible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.