Coronavirus

Old May 13th 2021, 6:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Ontario has extended the existing stay at home order by a further 2 weeks. This will take us to June 2.
Old May 13th 2021, 8:32 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ontario has extended the existing stay at home order by a further 2 weeks. This will take us to June 2.
It's the right thing to do.

We've only really seen the numbers start trending downward in the last week.

I'll be annoyed though if it is extended again. Especially if there is no plan to re-open by then given that we will have vaccinated about 8 million adults with first dose.
Old May 13th 2021, 8:32 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
With the possible exception of Alberta, has any province been more poorly run with respect to Covid than ON?
I'm going to assume it's a rhetorical question so I can give you this longer answer versus the single world one!
Old May 13th 2021, 8:52 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Last year Quebec seemed to be the poster child for poor pandemic response, this year it's Ontario (after AB). Any particular reason for this, what lessons did Ontario not learn from Quebec?
Old May 13th 2021, 9:00 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Shard
Last year Quebec seemed to be the poster child for poor pandemic response, this year it's Ontario (after AB). Any particular reason for this, what lessons did Ontario not learn from Quebec?
I have strong opinions that not everybody agrees with- however in my opinion two areas where Ontario has really failed post Christmas are:

- Workplaces have been very shoddily policed and with no sick pay those with mild symptoms likely still feel obligated to work as the bills need paying. Peel region where our warehouses are located is our worst region per capita. https://thelocal.to/you-cant-stop-th...op-it-in-peel/

- Schools have been a big driver of spread which folks hate to acknowledge because they're terrified of having to look after their own children. The provinces data points to schools being a key driver and they were opened too soon in January. We only saw numbers plateau and start to fall in Ontario after schools were closed.

I have no idea what their measures are in Quebec. I only really watch Ontario and the UK.
Old May 13th 2021, 9:05 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
I have strong opinions that not everybody agrees with- however in my opinion two areas where Ontario has really failed post Christmas are:

- Workplaces have been very shoddily policed and with no sick pay those with mild symptoms likely still feel obligated to work as the bills need paying. Peel region where our warehouses are located is our worst region per capita. https://thelocal.to/you-cant-stop-th...op-it-in-peel/

- Schools have been a big driver of spread which folks hate to acknowledge because they're terrified of having to look after their own children. The provinces data points to schools being a key driver and they were opened too soon in January. We only saw numbers plateau and start to fall in Ontario after schools were closed.

I have no idea what their measures are in Quebec. I only really watch Ontario and the UK.
Good to know. Schools are definitely drivers of transmission. So basically Ontario did not lockdown seriously enough. It is very hard to get a "full picture" in Canada given that every province runs it differently. Hard enough in the UK with only four provinces, nations.
Old May 13th 2021, 9:23 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I got me 1st Pfizer jab today. I survived the pandemic without catching COVID or having my nose violated via a COVID test.
Old May 13th 2021, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Schools have stayed open here in BC with the exception of the closures early in the pandemic last spring with some spot closures if a school was a hot zone.

I guess it depends on what the goal is for each government, no province seems to have the same goal with their pandemic decisions.

Old May 13th 2021, 9:33 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I guess it depends on what the goal is for each government, no province seems to have the same goal with their pandemic decisions.
Yeah it's complex. Most provinces have different infection and treatment numbers in every health care zone, and they're under pressure from everyone to reopen restaurants and bars, and a lot of the small businesses that weren't forbidden to open have caved just from lack of traffic. Each government's goal is probably to stop bleeding money.
Old May 13th 2021, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Man in his 40's in BC suffered a blood clot, is in stable condition receiving treatment.

Good news is, vaccines are working.

Fully vaccinated only make up 0.2 per cent of new cases since December 27th & people who received one shot at least 14 days prior to infection represent approximately 1.7 per cent of new cases.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ay13-1.6025136
Old May 13th 2021, 10:40 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

Not unexpected but still unwelcome

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/zones-and-restrictions
Old May 13th 2021, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

Not unexpected but still unwelcome

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/1...r-until-june-2
Especially if living in places like Kenora, Dryden, Atikokan or anywhere west of Sault Ste Marie.
Old May 13th 2021, 11:20 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Danny B
I got me 1st Pfizer jab today. I survived the pandemic without catching COVID or having my nose violated via a COVID test.
The nose thing scares me more than the virus or vaccine.
Old May 13th 2021, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

How common is the nose swab in BC still? Anyone know? In the fall when I had a test, it was swish and spit method with saline solution, easy peasy really.
Old May 13th 2021, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Most people I know are now vaccinated and CDC, US Authority, has just announced masks not required for us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.