Coronavirus

Old Jan 5th 2021, 11:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by caretaker
I got my negative test result back in less than 48 hrs, but I think I'll stay home in my pajamas and eat and drink for an extra day just to be on the safe side.
Good news

Old Jan 6th 2021, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Data suggests more people died in the first 10 months of the pandemic in BC than died from influenza in the 10 years between 2009 and 2019.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-has-record...-flu-1.5255084

Old Jan 7th 2021, 12:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Revelstoke a small town in BC has an outbreak, the source they do not know, but per capita the small town has one of the highest case loads at the moment.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...2020-1.5863790

I see Quebec is going to have a curfew from 8pm to 5am.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jan 7th 2021 at 1:27 am.
Old Jan 7th 2021, 4:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The numbers in Ontario are steadily climbing. 3,519 cases yesterday, 89 deaths. 1 in 5 kids under 13 tested positive during December. School openings are already delayed...another announcement due this afternoon. Looks like the kids will be learning from home for quite a bit longer.
Old Jan 7th 2021, 4:40 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Care home in Sussex. 13 of 27 residents dead since Xmas. The smaller descriptive stats do seem to have more resonance than the national stats (1100+ deaths in UK yesterday).
Old Jan 7th 2021, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shard
Care home in Sussex. 13 of 27 residents dead since Xmas. The smaller descriptive stats do seem to have more resonance than the national stats (1100+ deaths in UK yesterday).
The legal consequences could result in the end of the private care sector.
Old Jan 7th 2021, 6:21 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Mind you, there are one or two posters who would say it doesn't matter because they would have died next Tuesday anyway.
Old Jan 7th 2021, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boiler
The legal consequences could result in the end of the private care sector.
The government run ones in Canada don't seem much if any better than the private ones.

Not sure what the solution is to prevent spread in care homes, in BC they still don't know why some homes seem to have more spread than others with in theory all should be following the same protocols. The staff have and always will be the weak link in the chain of prevention, only way seems to be to lock staff and residents in and nobody in or out, but that isn't realistic.

Old Jan 7th 2021, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Revelstoke a small town in BC has an outbreak, the source they do not know, but per capita the small town has one of the highest case loads at the moment.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...2020-1.5863790

I see Quebec is going to have a curfew from 8pm to 5am.
I seem to remember a while back someone in Revelstoke complaining that the motel parking lots were full of Albertan trucks with their snow mobiles. Tiny town with big winter activities if you like snow. Of course technically we shouldn't be travelling but unless they make it law and enforce it who is listening?
Old Jan 7th 2021, 11:05 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
I seem to remember a while back someone in Revelstoke complaining that the motel parking lots were full of Albertan trucks with their snow mobiles. Tiny town with big winter activities if you like snow. Of course technically we shouldn't be travelling but unless they make it law and enforce it who is listening?
A few big Christmas parties might push the numbers like that. My first memories of Revelstoke are the motel we stayed in one night when I was a kid. Maybe $8/night, light housekeeping so stove, kitchen sink and fridge, and this eerie red glowing cone in the sawmill across the highway, burning all the trim all night and stinking up the town. I got run out of Revelstoke once too, but that's another story.
Old Jan 8th 2021, 12:02 am
Account Closed

Vaccination progress across Canada.

Old Jan 8th 2021, 12:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I read that as...’Vacation progress across Canada’ and thought WTF. The world’s going to hell in a hand basket...who cares about vacation days in Canada.
Old Jan 8th 2021, 12:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I read that as...’Vacation progress across Canada’ and thought WTF. The world’s going to hell in a hand basket...who cares about vacation days in Canada.

Sounds like something I would do, I often see the wrong word first time around til my brain figures it out...ha ha
Old Jan 8th 2021, 12:30 am
Account Closed

New cases in BC by health region.

Old Jan 8th 2021, 8:11 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

I don't know what it's like in Canada but here in the UK there are plenty of TV adverts for summer holidays and plenty of celebs posting photos from Dubai and plenty of idiots still keen to go on holiday... it's absolutely mental. What is wrong with people that, in the midst of all this utter chaos, all they can think about is jetting off on holiday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.