Coronavirus

Old May 1st 2021, 12:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Be careful even if vaccinated, the vaccines may not provide the same level of protection especially if you have only received 1 dose, study on Pfizer vaccine and variants suggests so anyhow, would not be surprised if the others are in the same boat.

Old May 1st 2021, 12:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Canada to pause distribution of the 300,000 J&J vaccines that arrived on Wed, concerns about quality control at the plant in which they were produced.

https://www.680news.com/2021/04/30/c...nson-vaccines/

The issue stems around the Emergent Bio plant in Baltimore that ruined 15 million doses of J&J in March, which resulted in Astra Zeneca being kicked out of the plant, and the US FDA shutting down the plant 2 weeks ago due to concerns about quality control.

I wish now I had asked where the AZ vaccine I received was produced, Europe, India or was it from the ones shipped and produced in the US at that plant.

Old May 1st 2021, 12:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Canada to pause distribution of the 300,000 J&J vaccines that arrived on Wed, concerns about quality control at the plant in which they were produced.

https://www.680news.com/2021/04/30/c...nson-vaccines/

The issue stems around the Emergent Bio plant in Baltimore that ruined 15 million doses of J&J in March, which resulted in Astra Zeneca being kicked out of the plant, and the US FDA shutting down the plant 2 weeks ago due to concerns about quality control.

I wish now I had asked where the AZ vaccine I received was produced, Europe, India or was it from the ones shipped and produced in the US at that plant.

Don’t double guess yourself J. You have good protection from the first AZ vax…be happy with that…we are. We should hear in the next few weeks about the go ahead of mix and max vaccines for 2nd doses.
Old May 1st 2021, 12:24 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
fear of Warrior Princesses, but that's a story for another thread.
A few of these at Hooters! Actually Hooters has closed down now. We should have some sort of thread to honour the establishments that are gone.
Old May 1st 2021, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

Some of BC's top infectious disease modellers are warning that if current restrictions are lifted as planned after May long weekend, it could result in a spike in new infections, they also warn hospitals are likely to remain full for at least another month.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/asymptomatic-s...full-1.5410108
Old May 2nd 2021, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

Updated flight exposures, 10 out of 15 international flights with exposures into YVR were from Delhi (operated prior to those flights being suspended)

Domestics flights making up more and more of the exposures though.

For BC only.

COVID-19 Public Exposures

Old May 3rd 2021, 10:45 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Seven Manitoba churches are challenging Provincial lockdown measures in court. It's easy for me to be callous and say they have the right to flaunt the rules as long as they don't try to access the health care system when they start dying, and easy to say let them go to prison for their beliefs and be martyrs if they die there. They aren't likely to refuse oxygen or a ventilator the way a Jehovah's Witness turns down blood. As this goes through the courts the arguments for individual rights of expression and assembly versus the arguments for the restrictions will go down many rabbit holes like psychological damage from isolation, how that differs or is increased among some religious sects, and the Crown will present the importance of compliance to reduce the rate of infection and ease the drain on hospital resources. Laws against child endangerment might apply to those taking their kids to mass gatherings, but removing kids from idiot parents in this case would also make martyrs of them. In my view the bar has been set by the mainstream religions respecting lockdown; there's nothing happening at the big churches or the Islamic centre on the corner, it seems to be mostly evangelical congregations and some fringe-ey Baptists that can't tolerate no in-person services. A (Charismatic?) Catholic on Reddit told me getting the sacrament in person was essential for him and "parking lot church" was no good, but also implied the virus was being over-played. It's sad, but if someone was too stupid to recognise the pandemic as a real threat in the first place, they're guaranteed to be too stupid to understand how the threat is amplified by the more virulent and possibly more fatal variants currently driving our surge in cases. I consider them all to be cults, but at least the mainstream cults are taking some responsibility. The Canadian way is to drag it through the courts and provide a little entertainment on the news. This story was just on CBC tv news, then was followed by an item about Regina's drive-through vaccination centre getting a supply of vaccine and reopening for 40+ after a 2 week closure.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ovid-1.6009289

Last edited by caretaker; May 3rd 2021 at 12:43 pm.
Old May 3rd 2021, 12:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

6 weeks to go before we get the 2nd shot of AZ. It is looking less and less likely this is going to happen, because we are not getting more AZ vaccine. Hopefully by then scientists will have given the green light to mix and match vaccines.
Old May 3rd 2021, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

DMajor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
6 weeks to go before we get the 2nd shot of AZ. It is looking less and less likely this is going to happen, because we are not getting more AZ vaccine.
So many different opinions going around at the moment and the government not helping by remaining silent.
The 16 week gap between first and second jab is also being questioned as to its effectiveness.
Also, there's such a large % of the rural population who have stated they will NOT take any vaccine so it will be almost impossible to achieve herd immunity like they are doing in the UK.
It's a complete mess!
Old May 3rd 2021, 2:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by DMajor
So many different opinions going around at the moment and the government not helping by remaining silent.
The 16 week gap between first and second jab is also being questioned as to its effectiveness.
Also, there's such a large % of the rural population who have stated they will NOT take any vaccine so it will be almost impossible to achieve herd immunity like they are doing in the UK.
It's a complete mess!
IMO in a situation like this…a worldwide pandemic that has brought the world to its knees…vax should be compulsory for everyone.
Old May 3rd 2021, 3:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
IMO in a situation like this…a worldwide pandemic that has brought the world to its knees…vax should be compulsory for everyone.
If the vaccine gave complete immunity from catching it or passing it on (similar to the polio vaccine), that might be reasonable to expect , but it doesn't - it just increases your chances of not becoming extremely ill... I don't believe they can or ever will make it compulsory.

Old May 3rd 2021, 3:37 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...It's sad, but if someone was too stupid to recognise the pandemic as a real threat in the first place, they're guaranteed to be too stupid to understand how the threat is amplified by the more virulent and possibly more fatal variants currently driving our surge in cases....
That Rodeo/anti-mask event over the weekend...I heard a woman saying something about not mask wearing and not distancing right from he beginning and "if it was bad as they it is" she'd have had Covid 6 times over. Something like that.

I just don't understand how these people can be so unaware of their surroundings. Don't they see news reports from India? Never hear about the USA or Brazil? They're oblivious to reports about record numbers in ICU, record deaths somewhere else, variants increasing new cases in other places.

Especially when they live in a province that's been in the news for Covid as much as anywhere in Canada if not more.

I don't get it.

I have zero interest in Stanley Cup, Winter Olympics, Curling, Super Bowl, NBA play offs etc. But I am totally aware of them when they're happening.
Old May 3rd 2021, 4:21 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That Rodeo/anti-mask event over the weekend..
Was that in Alberta? All those items were run consecutively and I wasn't paying full attention.
Old May 3rd 2021, 4:35 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Was that in Alberta? All those items were run consecutively and I wasn't paying full attention.
Yep.
I found this - https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/central-a...oard-1.5411210
For the group ‘End Alberta Lockdown,’ central Alberta organizer Corrina Fischer says rural residents and local businesses have had enough of endless restrictions announced by the province.

“They’ve had enough of the lies and they’re ready to stand up and say alright we have freedom,” she said.

“I don’t even recognize Canada anymore. We have a choice, if I’m sick, I’ll stay at home.”
And there's another one. Apparently completely oblivious to the asymptomatic but infectious issue.
They must live under a rock.
Old May 3rd 2021, 5:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Siouxie
If the vaccine gave complete immunity from catching it or passing it on (similar to the polio vaccine), that might be reasonable to expect , but it doesn't - it just increases your chances of not becoming extremely ill... I don't believe they can or ever will make it compulsory.
COVID vaccines are also not fully approved yet, emergency use authorization is not the same as full approval, and slippery slope forcing people to take something not fully approved yet.

Even the US military can't yet make the vaccines mandatory as they can only mandate vaccines that are FDA approved in full, emergency use authorization doesn't count as approval.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.