Coronavirus

Old Mar 13th 2020, 9:14 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

My colleague here in Germany who was supposed to be going to London and Bristol on Monday for the next 2 weeks has just had her travel cancelled by our Belgian company, I await news of my own planned flight to the UK next Wednesday.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 9:23 pm
Henry Bear

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
CN Tower closed until at least mid April
Guessing my daughters WWF climb thingy is postponed then.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 10:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff View Post
Guessing my daughters WWF climb thingy is postponed then.
The 365 walk? hubby did that...he said it was brilliant.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 10:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a personal email from that nice Mr Galen Weston.
It includes:
Our service to you also relies on people – your friends and family working in your local store. These 190,000 colleagues have families and concerns of their own, and we should all understand how hard they are working. We are helping them stay informed and prepared. Most importantly, we want them to protect themselves and in turn protect you. That’s why we are retraining colleagues on safety practices and instructing them to stay away from work if they are ill. We know this will raise concerns around missed shifts and income. So, we’re introducing safeguards that ensure they won’t lose pay for COVID-19-related absences. People should not have to choose between their income and good health.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Forget the shortage of bog roll and pasta has anyone thought that if those who stay home or forced to self isolate will all be logging onto NETFLIX which will probably crash the system .
Craziest 1st world problem asked today was will my smart phone facial ID recognition work if I am wearing a mask?
Old Mar 13th 2020, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

My niece turns 16 at the end of this month, all her birthday plans have been cancelled since Disney and Universal closed their parks, sucks, but I suppose she wont forget the year she turned 16.

Old Mar 13th 2020, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov View Post
I am supposed to be going to the UK in a couple of weeks. My elderly parents are moving from the family home to an apartment in a retirement complex. I am obviously concerned about contracting the disease on the flight over and taking it to them. I really don't want to be patient zero at a retirement home. I am weighing this risk against the absolute certainty that my Mum will have a total meltdown before the move if she doesnt have help. So she really needs me to be there.
I am also somewhat fretting about the possibility of getting stuck there if things deteriorate after my arrival. No idea what to do for the best so for now just watching and waiting to see what tomorrow brings.
I spoke to my Mum this morning and was informed, in that voice that no child (regardless of age) can ignore, that if the plane was flying I was expected to be on it. So I guess, at this point, I am going. A lot can happen in 2 weeks but I plan to be extra careful before I go - I live on a rural property, both of us mostly work from home. It's my birthday tomorrow but we won't go out and our sons (who live in higher risk areas) won't come home. Sorry dbd33 but lunch will have to wait until after I get back
Old Mar 13th 2020, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke to my Mum this morning and was informed, in that voice that no child (regardless of age) can ignore, that if the plane was flying I was expected to be on it. So I guess, at this point, I am going. A lot can happen in 2 weeks but I plan to be extra careful before I go - I live on a rural property, both of us mostly work from home. It's my birthday tomorrow but we won't go out and our sons (who live in higher risk areas) won't come home. Sorry dbd33 but lunch will have to wait until after I get back
Just be aware you have to self quarantine for 14 days upon your return to Canada.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Westjet will begin to lay off employees.

11 new cases in BC.

They are making it mandatory that gatherings of 250 or more be cancelled, initially it was a request.

Over 6,000 people have been tested in BC, 4,000 of them done this week.

They know 8-11 has long waits, they are trying to add more staff.

The province does not want employers to ask for doctors notes, employers must understand.

I will have to say the BC Government has been very good at providing updates and being transparent, kudos to them and the response.

Last edited by Jsmth321; Mar 14th 2020 at 12:57 am.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy View Post
Just be aware you have to self quarantine for 14 days upon your return to Canada.
I live a pretty quiet life - that would not be difficult for me. However, given the escalation of containment measures over the past couple of days I don't see a snowball's chance in hell of my flight actually happening.

Last edited by HGerchikov; Mar 14th 2020 at 1:14 am.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 12:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

That’s a really difficult decision for you to make H. Difficult for you and your mum.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

Good luck.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 12:47 am

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

That's a really tough choice to have to make.... whatever you end up doing be safe..

Happy Birthday for tomorrow! Hope you manage to enjoy it regardless..
Old Mar 14th 2020, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
That’s a really difficult decision for you to make H. Difficult for you and your mum.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

Good luck.
Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
That's a really tough choice to have to make.... whatever you end up doing be safe..

Happy Birthday for tomorrow! Hope you manage to enjoy it regardless..
Thank you to you both. We have gin and I am hoping hubby will go out for cake and bubbly - I think it will be ok
Old Mar 14th 2020, 1:15 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Forget the shortage of bog roll and pasta has anyone thought that if those who stay home or forced to self isolate will all be logging onto NETFLIX which will probably crash the system .
Craziest 1st world problem asked today was will my smart phone facial ID recognition work if I am wearing a mask?
It's going to be a weird weekend with no sport but it appears there's a club rugby match on TSN from South Africa. Sharks vs Stormers.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My biggest worry if planning to travel outside Canada is being able to get back to Canada and not stranded because airlines have suspended flights or Canada places more restrictions, so have a plan in place if travelling outside Canada in the event it becomes difficult to get back.

American Airlines has had a pilot test positive. I do wonder how much longer crews will even be willing to risk it. I wont be surprised at this point if US airlines shut down and suspend all service at some point, cheaper to just not operate rather than fly empty planes around.

British Airways to lay off workers, ground aircraft to reduce costs and battle for survival according to the CEO.

Last edited by Jsmth321; Mar 14th 2020 at 1:23 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.