Coronavirus

Old Mar 12th 2020, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

I am supposed to be going to the UK in a couple of weeks. My elderly parents are moving from the family home to an apartment in a retirement complex. I am obviously concerned about contracting the disease on the flight over and taking it to them. I really don't want to be patient zero at a retirement home. I am weighing this risk against the absolute certainty that my Mum will have a total meltdown before the move if she doesnt have help. So she really needs me to be there.
I am also somewhat fretting about the possibility of getting stuck there if things deteriorate after my arrival. No idea what to do for the best so for now just watching and waiting to see what tomorrow brings.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The Scottish Government just banned public gatherings of more than 500 people. Common sense or the beginning of decline into Martial Law ?
Old Mar 12th 2020, 10:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
The Scottish Government just banned public gatherings of more than 500 people. Common sense or the beginning of decline into Martial Law ?
common sense...end of!!!

there really is no need for comments like that.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 10:41 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
I am supposed to be going to the UK in a couple of weeks. My elderly parents are moving from the family home to an apartment in a retirement complex. I am obviously concerned about contracting the disease on the flight over and taking it to them. I really don't want to be patient zero at a retirement home. I am weighing this risk against the absolute certainty that my Mum will have a total meltdown before the move if she doesnt have help. So she really needs me to be there.
I am also somewhat fretting about the possibility of getting stuck there if things deteriorate after my arrival. No idea what to do for the best so for now just watching and waiting to see what tomorrow brings.
If I were in your situation, I would not go anywhere near a busy airport or take an international flight if I was visiting elderly parents on the other end. It's just too much risk.

Find someone you can trust in the UK and give them the money you would have spent on the travel costs to help them move instead.

Crazy times eh?
Old Mar 12th 2020, 10:43 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
If I was in charge, I'd limit it to 100.
500 is still way too large.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
If I were in your situation, I would not go anywhere near a busy airport or take an international flight if I was visiting elderly parents on the other end. It's just too much risk.

Find someone you can trust in the UK and give them the money you would have spent on the travel costs to help them move instead.

Crazy times eh?
They do have a senior removals company assisting them but it's more the emotional support they need and that only really comes from family. Hoping for a miracle over the next couple of weeks.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I am due to take a flight end of the month assuming training isn't cancelled, really no other option to get from BC to Ontario, not like spending days on a train would be much if any better.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

BC is recommending people stop all non-essential travelling including to the US.

"“I think this is really important, it is clear at this time that the evolving situation both in the United States and globally is a risk for all of us and we are strongly advising people not to travel,” said Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, Thursday."

Anyone who travels outside of Canada, BC Gov't wants them to self isolate for 14 days before returning to work or school.

Any gathering of more than 250 people will need to be cancelled.

7 more confirmed cases.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6668957/b...date-march-12/

Old Mar 12th 2020, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I am due to take a flight end of the month assuming training isn't cancelled, really no other option to get from BC to Ontario, not like spending days on a train would be much if any better.
A train would be much worse I suspect, similar to a cruise ship environment.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 1:15 am
Tea Drinker

Every country except China

Old Mar 13th 2020, 1:27 am
Account Closed

Westjet has suspended all hiring, and frozen discretionary spending and offered voluntarily leaves to employees in an effort to cut costs, they are also looking the best way to cut 12%+ of their capacity.

I imagine Air Canada wont be far behind.

Old Mar 13th 2020, 1:32 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Alberta has banned all gatherings of more than 250 and under 250 with some restrictions. International travel not recommended and when you return you have to self isolate for 14 days wether you have symptoms or not. Our weekend plans have just been altered.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 1:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Alberta has banned all gatherings of more than 250 and under 250 with some restrictions. International travel not recommended and when you return you have to self isolate for 14 days wether you have symptoms or not. Our weekend plans have just been altered.
It's getting concerning. I am assuming my training will be cancelled at this point but will hope for the best.

I do wonder how BC will handle the ferries, a lot of people on each one, and if they don't want gatherings of large people, one would think they will eventually halt the ferry system, guess its one risk of living on an island.

Old Mar 13th 2020, 1:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Trudeau’s wife has tested positive for the COVID19
Old Mar 13th 2020, 3:43 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
It's getting concerning. I am assuming my training will be cancelled at this point but will hope for the best.

I do wonder how BC will handle the ferries, a lot of people on each one, and if they don't want gatherings of large people, one would think they will eventually halt the ferry system, guess its one risk of living on an island.
That's the level I am at, concerned. I hope your training is just postponed opposed to cancelled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.