Coronavirus

Old Mar 16th 2020, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I’m expecting a call from my pulmonary doctor, I also need a repeat script. I had a CT scan last week and hopefully he will go over the results on the phone. I have an appointment with him on the 2nd, but I don’t want to risk going. If he will not phone a script through I may have to.

last Friday I was told that my family doc will not discuss further blood results over the phone or issue scripts. I’ve just developed a thyroid problem. I’m sure it’s only minor as I’ve not had thyroid issues before.
My GP will do nothing on the phone, everything requires a visit to the office. My CT from 2 weeks still no results, had no idea it took so long to get the results. Only other CT scan I ever had was in the US 10-12 years ago and the doctor had the results in like 2 days....

My biggest worry is my stomach, its not severe pain, so not ER worthy, but aches and burns constantly and so dunno what to do anymore as the GP wont investigate further.

Old Mar 16th 2020, 8:40 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
You would think GP's in this situation would be more understanding, my wife needs a refill, my wife is a high risk group due to underlying health issues, I am showing symptoms but GP refuses to fax prescription to pharmacy and says wife needs to come in but next appointment is in 3 weeks.

My wife has tried 2 times to refill in person in the last 2 weeks both times doctor cancelled her appointment, so this isn't because my wife waited until the last minute, she has been trying to refill for 2 weeks when she still had a 3 week supply left, now she has a week supply left.
I guess it depends on the drug but this may be one where the pharmacist can supply enough to tide someone over. Our pharmacist has done that sort of thing a few times over the years and that was before they were allowed to do (certain) prescriptions themselves.

My GP will do nothing on the phone, everything requires a visit to the office.
Ours is the same, has been for a while, but a couple of months ago he wrote a renewal and I discovered at home that he did it for the wrong one.
I called his receptionist and she got him to do it properly and that was faxed.

Last edited by BristolUK; Mar 16th 2020 at 8:43 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 8:46 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Email from Walmart.ca today.
5 things to do this spring:
Spring shopping
Patio prep
Electronics upgrade
Replace the kids' smartphones with fun toys
Home refresh

I'd have thought surviving would have been there.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 8:51 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

The financial crisis that this will cause is going to be catastrophic. Airlines, retail outlets, car dealers etc will slowly go out of business.

You think it's bad now, you aint see nothing yet.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I guess it depends on the drug but this may be one where the pharmacist can supply enough to tide someone over. Our pharmacist has done that sort of thing a few times over the years and that was before they were allowed to do (certain) prescriptions themselves.

Ours is the same, has been for a while, but a couple of months ago he wrote a renewal and I discovered at home that he did it for the wrong one.
I called his receptionist and she got him to do it properly and that was faxed.
I make sure to pay close attention now to prescriptions before leaving the exam room. Before I just took it and left but once she prescribed an antibiotic (my file lists all my allergies) and she wrote it for erythromycin which I am allergic to, pharmacy said we will call doctor should fix it since its an error, nope, had to go back and see her again just to get a new prescription totally unnecessary visit, and waste of healthcare funds.

Old Mar 16th 2020, 9:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Danny B
The financial crisis that this will cause is going to be catastrophic. Airlines, retail outlets, car dealers etc will slowly go out of business.

You think it's bad now, you aint see nothing yet.
People are going to be in a shock I think. We may enter a time worse than most living today have seen.

Even if they expand EI a not insignificant amount of renters in places like Vancouver pay over 50% of income to rent, and EI for some wont even cover their rent, so I expect homelessness to rise over the short term.

We rely on disability and such things tend to be cut in bad times, so I can't assume the current rate will stay, if they cut it even $100 a month we are homeless.

Old Mar 16th 2020, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
How many had temps coughs and sickness Dec to Feb, I had a cold in Feb, first week, it cleared, also I have had a dry cough for months now, seen doc this week and changed my ACE inhibitors to ARBs as it’s a ACE cough, common when taking heart meds

is tricky to know what’s what I guess
I have this same cough, have had it for several years. I check with the doctor regularly, and the question is always "is it a major problem, or impacting your life?"

well, no ........ I get one or 2 very short bouts a day, usually less than 5 minutes. Sucking a Bentasil or changing position to walk from sitting or vice vera almost always works.

The reply then is along the lines of "well, in that case, we'd rather not change the medication as it is the best one for you. A change may well not work as well."

It's my decision to stay with the best medication, and live with the cough ............... but it is a wee bit of problem now!
Old Mar 16th 2020, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
People are going to be in a shock I think. We may enter a time worse than most living today have seen.

Even if they expand EI a not insignificant amount of renters in places like Vancouver pay over 50% of income to rent, and EI for some wont even cover their rent, so I expect homelessness to rise over the short term.

We rely on disability and such things tend to be cut in bad times, so I can't assume the current rate will stay, if they cut it even $100 a month we are homeless.
Did you hear Bonnie Henry's press conference this morning?

I did, and I've just checked online for what I heard her say to make sure I got it right. From the Sun's report ............

Pharmacists have also been asked to refill prescriptions without additional doctor’s notes, in an effort to save time and free doctors to treat COVID-19 cases.

Sounds as if your wife should be able to get her prescription refilled by contacting the pharmacist.

Second, Mayor Kennedy Stewart had a media conference today, and this was said ...........

City officials also said they would look at Vancouver’s rent bank and that they would seek a boost of support from the federal government. Stewart acknowledged that other cities may have declared moratoriums on evictions due to non-payment of rent, but that it wasn’t something the city could do before declaring a local state of emergency.

The Rent Bank provides help with loans.

In addition, Trudeau has announced at least twice that there will be financial help for Canadians, saying no-one would be left without food or homeless because of covid-19.

I think some of your greatest worries might well turn out to be answered with help from several levels of government.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

Looks like first humans have been given experimental vaccine in Washington state to 4 humans.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6684324/c...uW3oU0ukdqiH6M

"With careful jabs in the arms of four healthy volunteers, scientists at the Kaiser Permanente Washington Research Institute in Seattle began an anxiously awaited first-stage study of a potential COVID-19 vaccine developed in record time after the new virus exploded out of China and fanned out across the globe."

Old Mar 16th 2020, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Ontario have limited testing as they are conserving the swabs needed https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...-symptoms-but/

My step daughter, her husband and 3 kids are all sick, fever, coughing their lungs out... and have been told they won't be tested despite recently coming back from Mexico. Never mind that they have been in contact with probably hundreds of people in their day-to-day lives over the past 10 days...
Hopefully you are not one of those hundreds of people. Anyone showing those symptoms needs to isolate themselves.
Further to my earlier posts about upcoming trip to UK to help parents move, I spoke to Mum this morning and she recognizes the very real possibility that I could get stuck there and doesn't think I should go. Which is the conclusion I came to but am so relieved that the final decision came from her.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 10:07 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
I spoke to Mum this morning and she recognizes the very real possibility that I could get stuck there and doesn't think I should go. Which is the conclusion I came to but am so relieved that the final decision came from her.
Big relief! I had your post logged in my head as I have a neighbour I am trying to support who is in a similar situation. Of course you want to be there with her...and you will be mentally...the being there physically is just too difficult presently. This too will pass...
Old Mar 16th 2020, 10:11 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

CBSA Officer at Toronto Pearson tests positive for Covid-19
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/cbsa-offi...d-19-1.4854299
Old Mar 16th 2020, 10:36 pm
Account Closed

Upside is BC Hydro is being very cooperative and understanding, they are letting us defer our payment for March and April.

My sinus cavity in my right side is so painful, maybe I have a sinus infection.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 16th 2020 at 10:49 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
CBSA Officer at Toronto Pearson tests positive for Covid-19
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/cbsa-offi...d-19-1.4854299
Probably handled a declaration card that was in a travellers mouth which some posters on here used to laugh about as if it was no big deal.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 11:21 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Probably handled a declaration card that was in a travellers mouth which some posters on here used to laugh about as if it was no big deal.
I have always thought it a big deal. Why on earth you made us do it I can't fathom. Still, if the system now changes the illness won't have been for nothing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.