Coronavirus

Old Mar 19th 2020, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Interesting thread from an Italy perspective - on the stages the country went through (as are others) - indifference to OMG.
https://www.boredpanda.com/coronavir...ason-yanowitz/
And Canadian authorities should learn from Italy and close the place down now rather than wait and see.

I am surprised with more than doubling of cases in BC in a week, that they haven't shut the place down, its clear people wont listen, and some businesses are putting money above health of their employees and society.

Grocery stores need to remain open as do other essential businessmen, but majority of business needs to be shut down. I would also like to see transit shut down, transit use here is so high and many have no cars that shutting it down will force people to stay in and force companies to close as employees will have trouble getting to work, also shut down car sharing, and limit taxis and uber to essential travel only and list locations these services can drop off and pick up.

Will suck but seems the only way to stop the spread is for people not to be out and about. Airlines need to be shut down as well at this point, people have have plenty of warnings and time to return home, if they have chosen not to return home by now, that is their problem, shouldn't have ignored the warning to return home and not travel for the last 2 weeks.

Old Mar 19th 2020, 5:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
And Canadian authorities should learn from Italy and close the place down now rather than wait and see.

I am surprised with more than doubling of cases in BC in a week, that they haven't shut the place down, its clear people wont listen, and some businesses are putting money above health of their employees and society.

Grocery stores need to remain open as do other essential businessmen, but majority of business needs to be shut down. I would also like to see transit shut down, transit use here is so high and many have no cars that shutting it down will force people to stay in and force companies to close as employees will have trouble getting to work, also shut down car sharing, and limit taxis and uber to essential travel only and list locations these services can drop off and pick up.

Will suck but seems the only way to stop the spread is for people not to be out and about. Airlines need to be shut down as well at this point, people have have plenty of warnings and time to return home, if they have chosen not to return home by now, that is their problem, shouldn't have ignored the warning to return home and not travel for the last 2 weeks.
agreed J...a 30 day immediate shut down. Also the US and UK should do the same.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
agreed J...a 30 day immediate shut down. Also the US and UK should do the same.
Are people only contagious for 30 days after they themselves have contracted it?
Old Mar 19th 2020, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian Tire is closing its non-essential banners Mark’s/L’Équipeur, SportChek, Sports Experts, Atmosphere, Party City, Pro Hockey Life, National Sports, and PartSource stores. Canadian Tire stores will remain open with reduced hours. Effective tomorrow.

Sunwing announced this today:"If a northbound flight is operating from their destination, they should make their way to the departure airport and present themselves to the Sunwing Airlines check in counter. If space remains prior to departure at the closure of check in, any available seats will be offered to Canadians or Canadian permanent residents free of charge. Given the unprecedented situation, the focus of our company and destination team remains on the repatriation of our customers. We therefore ask to please refrain from calling us since availability can only be confirmed at the airport ahead of the closure of check in for each flight service.

We expect to have all Sunwing customers home by Monday March 23. At our current estimate, Sunwing will be operating almost 400 flights and spending more than $26 million to bring these Canadians home safely, at no extra cost to the customer."

Sunwing is offering available seats on its repatriation flights from southern destinations to stranded Canadians, free of charge – including for non-Sunwing customers.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 19th 2020 at 6:25 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 6:27 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Ontario announcement that no one will be evicted during this time, any ongoing evictions will be halted.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

Things seem to be improving in Wuhan. But getting worse elsewhere, does seem China level shut down seems to work even if it takes a couple months.

Italy has surpassed China in deaths according to the TV news.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 19th 2020 at 6:35 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Ontario announcement that no one will be evicted during this time, any ongoing evictions will be halted.
It's difficult, if not impossible, to evict someone if the Courts are closed!
Old Mar 19th 2020, 6:44 pm
Account Closed

Curve as of today for Canada. From Global News on facebook. One problem with being mostly stuck inside in a small apartment is everything on TV, and the internet is mostly just COVID 24/7 so hard to get away from it all. Don't believe everything politicians say on TV, RE the earlier poster who said pharmacies don't need a prescription, according to the pharmacists this is not true.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 19th 2020 at 6:57 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 6:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Are people only contagious for 30 days after they themselves have contracted it?
i think the 30 day period allows several days for symptoms to appear, sickness/recovery..then 14 days isolation.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 7:12 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Well that’s good news.

I’ve just ordered a hair trimmer from Amazon. I will do Ellie and then hubby needs a trim.

ellie has black claws...I use one of those claw grinders. Works quite well, as I too am worried about hurting her with the clippers.
I think I'll pick a grinder and a trimmer from Pet smart when I'm in there for Puppy Training (still can't believe it's not been cancelled, not sure I'd be going if I hadn't paid already). I could always use OH's clipper on her lol If you do clip Ellie you should post pics so we can judge lol
Old Mar 19th 2020, 7:14 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

OH's place of work is asking for volunteers to go in 2 months EI. OH asked what was going on as he was hearing rumours and was told, it's nothing for you to worry about, it doesn't apply to you. We will see, everything seems to be on a hourly change right now.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell has released a video on the Coronavirus, quite informative:
Old Mar 19th 2020, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i think the 30 day period allows several days for symptoms to appear, sickness/recovery..then 14 days isolation.
I understand that but, if they remain contagious, that is simply delaying the passing on, isn't it?

If people are only contagious for a period, IMHO, the entire country should be shut down for that period and we can all then return to normal.

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Mar 19th 2020 at 8:15 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 8:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I think I'll pick a grinder and a trimmer from Pet smart when I'm in there for Puppy Training (still can't believe it's not been cancelled, not sure I'd be going if I hadn't paid already). I could always use OH's clipper on her lol If you do clip Ellie you should post pics so we can judge lol
I always had Quik-Stop handy when clipping nails, and accidents do happen. There's nothing wrong with leaving a bit extra and just doing it more often.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 8:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I understand that but, if they remain contagious, that is simply delaying the passing on, isn't it?

If people are only contagious for a period, IMHO, the entire country should be shut down for that period and we can all then return to normal.
after the 14 day isolation period they can no longer pass it on/are infection.

that’s why a 30 day shut down period is being recommended

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.