Cannabis

Old Jul 7th 2018, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

Nice disguise, Mary Jane!
Old Jul 10th 2018, 2:01 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

If there are going to be dope tourists coming from the US after legalisation someone should get ready for them. There was a company in Denver with a party bus taking visitors to dispensaries and local attractions so it should work here. Providing for day-trippers, 2 and 3 day excursions arranging hotels, food, safe parking so they don't have to drive anywhere, entertainment, and the Cana-Bus to haul them around in. Dragons, I see this as a potential 5 or 6 franchise operation offering different experiences in each location to appeal to a diverse client profile. Jim, don't bother, I know you're out.

Last edited by caretaker; Jul 10th 2018 at 2:03 pm. Reason: deadly precision
Old Jul 10th 2018, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I really dont think there will be a whole lot of pot tourists from the US.

Why fuss with coming to Canada for legal pot when Americans can just go to one of the 9 states that have legalized it.

Recreational use is also decriminalized in 13 other states and legal for medicinal use in 31 states.

I really dont see a mass influx of US tourists to Canada for pot tourisim.

Originally Posted by caretaker
If there are going to be dope tourists coming from the US after legalisation someone should get ready for them. There was a company in Denver with a party bus taking visitors to dispensaries and local attractions so it should work here. Providing for day-trippers, 2 and 3 day excursions arranging hotels, food, safe parking so they don't have to drive anywhere, entertainment, and the Cana-Bus to haul them around in. Dragons, I see this as a potential 5 or 6 franchise operation offering different experiences in each location to appeal to a diverse client profile. Jim, don't bother, I know you're out.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 3:04 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I really dont think there will be a whole lot of pot tourists from the US. Why fuss with coming to Canada for legal pot when Americans can just go to one of the 9 states that have legalized it. Recreational use is also decriminalized in 13 other states and legal for medicinal use in 31 states. I really dont see a mass influx of US tourists to Canada for pot tourisim.
Just because Washington has legal recreational pot doesn't do much for the rest of the border states, and most of the Canadian population is a short drive from the US border or an easy flight from their home base wherever they are. They come north for a lot of things, and cannabis is just another thing, even if they can't take it back with them. Somebody's going to do it, and because Vancouver is a popular destination now despite being bordered by a legal state I wouldn't be surprised if one of the biggest operations isn't established there. Green Gables gets greener, Toronto the Good gets better, and Nelson may need new hotels being the epicenter of the BC bud tradition. People who could have stayed home and smoked the pot they've been buying off their friends for 30 years drove or flew to Denver for the novelty of getting legal cannabis, and silly as it seems, their money was perfectly good.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 1:35 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

On the radio this afternoon they were talking about advertising cannabis sales. It seems that any legislation banning celebrity endorsement of products only comes into effect when sales are legal so between now and then they can run all the commercials they want.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 1:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

BC anyhow from what has been released.

No consumption on the premises where it is sold.

Product cannot be visible from the street.

Stores will only be able to buy from the provincial government, who will buy the pot from federally approved growers.

Application cost will be $7,500 which will include a financial integrity check as well as background check, if approved there will also be $1,500 first year fee, $1,500 renewal fee, 2 year reoccurring screening fee of an amount not yet determined.

Stores will not be permitted to sell liquor, tobacco, snacks, cannabis infused edibles, or non-cannabis related products of any kind. Max of 30g of bud, oil, seeds can be sold to a customer.

https://www.straight.com/cannabis/10...tail-landscape
Old Jul 24th 2018, 1:02 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Some statistics. It used to be rare to find needles behind the club where I work but now it's happening more often. It's only a matter of time before I find someone od'd on fentanyl. I picked up a needle this morning and checked through the security footage and saw someone shoot up and discard the needle and ride away without even getting off his bicycle. It was 9:04 this morning.
Pot-related charges at all-time low as legalization nears | CBC News
Old Jul 24th 2018, 2:56 am
Account Closed

Some statistics. It used to be rare to find needles behind the club where I work but now it's happening more often. It's only a matter of time before I find someone od'd on fentanyl. I picked up a needle this morning and checked through the security footage and saw someone shoot up and discard the needle and ride away without even getting off his bicycle. It was 9:04 this morning.
Pot-related charges at all-time low as legalization nears CBC News

Our back alley has needles laying around all the time, very common in East Vancouver even outside the DTES. There have been a few OD's in the alley and sidewalk in front as well, becoming so commonplace for people to be passed out on sidewalks most people walk past, few pay attention or try and assist, or even call for paramedics. I have called a few times though.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 12:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Our back alley has needles laying around all the time, very common in East Vancouver even outside the DTES. There have been a few OD's in the alley and sidewalk in front as well, becoming so commonplace for people to be passed out on sidewalks most people walk past, few pay attention or try and assist, or even call for paramedics. I have called a few times though.
Don't think Vancouver is special this is usual in small town Ontario, specifically Guelph, and in Toronto. I imagine it's the same across Canada though less obvious in winter.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 1:11 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by dbd33
Don't think Vancouver is special this is usual in small town Ontario, specifically Guelph, and in Toronto. I imagine it's the same across Canada though less obvious in winter.
As you know dbd, it's a matter of degree. In Vancouver there used to be throngs of addicts filling the sidewalk around the Carnegie Centre and the fire department would come to the back alley a few times a day and just flush all the needles out with a fire hose. Prior to Expo 86 the area was cleaned up for tourist consumption but some of the outlying areas had an immediate increase in drugs and crime. Being on the skytrain route makes it easy to get downtown and back.
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/the180/the-...lley-1.3629496
Old Jul 24th 2018, 3:20 pm
Account Closed

As you know dbd, it's a matter of degree. In Vancouver there used to be throngs of addicts filling the sidewalk around the Carnegie Centre and the fire department would come to the back alley a few times a day and just flush all the needles out with a fire hose. Prior to Expo 86 the area was cleaned up for tourist consumption but some of the outlying areas had an immediate increase in drugs and crime. Being on the skytrain route makes it easy to get downtown and back.
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/the180/the-...lley-1.3629496

That area is still pretty bad. I have never ventured down the alleys in that area a bit sketchy.

Most of the Fraser Valley is having issues with drugs and homelessness. Surrey, Maple Ridge, Abbotsford and Chilliwack seem to be getting hardest hit.

Those areas also lack a lot of resources as well.​​​​
Old Aug 6th 2018, 7:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

And as the caretaker did prophesie, so it did come to pass....
https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/lifest...r&_gsc=gCRPCAc
Old Aug 6th 2018, 9:57 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I smoked a big fat one last night - best nights sleep ever! Hopefully the prices come down soon, $10 for 3 joints is a bit much.
Old Aug 6th 2018, 10:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Danny B
I smoked a big fat one last night - best nights sleep ever! Hopefully the prices come down soon, $10 for 3 joints is a bit much.
In Regina I think it went down on the street from $220-$240 to $200 oz, the illegal dispensaries sort of set the bar before they all got busted. In the end it all depends how fat you rolled it.
Edit: I'd like to promote vaporising vs smoking as well, I've been using the Arizer Solo for a few years and highly recommend this quality Canadian product. I get mine from Agracan corp on ebay, a company approved seller. It's saved me from a lot of smoking.

Last edited by caretaker; Aug 6th 2018 at 10:36 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 2:33 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

In Regina I think it went down on the street from $220-$240 to $200 oz, the illegal dispensaries sort of set the bar before they all got busted. In the end it all depends how fat you rolled it.
Edit: I'd like to promote vaporising vs smoking as well, I've been using the Arizer Solo for a few years and highly recommend this quality Canadian product. I get mine from Agracan corp on ebay, a company approved seller. It's saved me from a lot of smoking.
Yes I have this vape pen https://www.flyte.life/product/flyte-pen/ works good around the home and doesn't create too much stink unlike the regular joints.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.